IGNORED

Akatsuki Japanese Restaurant in Tree Town

Evil Penevil

01.jpg

Akatsuki is a small Japanese restaurant in Tree Town, the "night life market" on Soi Bukhao about 200 meters north of LK Metro. The meal I had there was good and the price was low for what I got.

05.jpg

If you are walking north on Soi Bukhao, turn left at the unnamed subsoi opposite the Butcher's Arms that forms Tree Town's southern border.  Akatsuki is about three-quarters of the way down on the right.

04.jpg

Looking west from in front of Akatsuki.

02.jpg

I ordered the tonkatsu meal for 180 baht.

12.jpg

Tonkatsu is a breaded pork cutlet. It came with miso soup, a salad of the shredded cabbage that customarily accompanies tonkatsu, two small bowls of Japanese pickled vegetables, sauce and rice.

10.jpg

That's a fair amount of food for 180 baht.  My bottle of Asahi was 70 baht. Service was quick and friendly.

16.jpg

The breaded pork cutlet had been fried properly and the pork tenderloin was tender and moist.

Bottom line: Good value for money and I'll be back to try some of the other item's on Akatsuki's menu. One curious thing, though. The tonkatsu meal (280 baht) and beer (70 baht) added up to 250 baht, but the final bill was 258 baht, with 8 baht listed as VAT. That doesn't make sense, as 7% of 250 baht would make the bill 268 baht.  I don't know if that's because they made a mistake, but I didn't say anything as I'm not about to get into a discussion of 8 baht.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Nice review as always, keep up the good work.

Thanks Evil, I'll be trying this place out in a couple of weeks. I'll come back to this thread with my comments.

There's no such thing as free pussy!

image.png

Good review. Walked past this place several times at different times

and it always empty. Maybe its the location.

Nice review as always, keep up the good work.

Same same for me. Your reviews are always on point and so well written. I've been reading them and following your advice for many years. Thanks so much for sharing.

Thanks for the review. I will keep it in mind when i go to Tree town next trip...cheers! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Evil.... can you do your counting again in your post...price meal ...added with beer price....what was price of meal 180 or 280??

thx for always excellent reports.

18 hours ago, djidji said:

Evil.... can you do your counting again in your post...price meal ...added with beer price....what was price of meal 180 or 280??

thx for always excellent reports.

The 280 baht was a typo; it should have been 180 baht for the meal plus 70 baht for the beer.  For a reason I can't explain, the final bill was 258 baht.  I couldn't correct the typo in the OP because the editing time had expired.  Sorry about that.

Evil

sigmyvvv.jpg.cb46a0ab77905c40e6b49f00c43b583a.jpg

Archived