IGNORED

Beer fest Nice beer but a bit cheeky

juice777

So I decided to try one of Beerfest wheat Beers Today at the Avenue.

It was a 180THB for 580ml expensive but I new it would be a nice beer and it was.As i was drinking it I thought I might come back to get a lt or even 3 with a friend.

As I was looking at the prices I thought that don't sound that much cheaper so I decided to work it out.

180÷580=0.31 a ml ×1000=310THB a lt

But you can buy a lt for 350THB

180÷580=0.31 a ml ×3000=931THB for 3lt

But if you buy 3lt its 1050THB

So it's cost more the more you buy I know the prices are there so its not a scam but its a bit of A cheek if you ask me.

Anyway its still a nice beer

136ce5adb7be9c79eaeb8ff3b4e86c26.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Yes the price of craft beer in Thailand is quite dear, nice beer but expensive.

soi 23 in bkk has a craft beer bar, prices out the roof. Can't see myself paying that so I stick to the local talents.

Yes the price of craft beer in Thailand is quite dear, nice beer but expensive.
soi 23 in bkk has a craft beer bar, prices out the roof. Can't see myself paying that so I stick to the local talents.
Yes I know but what I am saying it actually goes up in price as you buy more.I think they are assuming most people would assume it goes down in price and don't even think about it which is a bit of a Mickey take if you ask me.

14 hours ago, juice777 said:

Yes I know but what I am saying it actually goes up in price as you buy more.I think they are assuming most people would assume it goes down in price and don't even think about it which is a bit of a Mickey take if you ask me.

your math works if they sold it by the ml... but unfortunately its sold by various volumes, I think this is done because of convenience to purchasing and bottling, it would take them hours to open 1000 or 3000 1ml bottles, or 100 or 300 10 ml bottles... 

your math works if they sold it by the ml... but unfortunately its sold by various volumes, I think this is done because of convenience to purchasing and bottling, it would take them hours to open 1000 or 3000 1ml bottles, or 100 or 300 10 ml bottles... 

His math works fine. You can buy a litre for 350 baht or two 580ml glasses for 360 baht (so 160ml more for only 10 baht extra by not buying the expected better value litre).   

I know what I'd be doing [emoji4]

They brew it there and pour it straight into glasses. Also the amber and stout beer 200THB for 580ml or 400THB for 1lt so if I bought 2 glasses of 580 for 400THB I would get 160ML more making the 400THB a lt %16 more expensive. 

Also I could try one of each.

I fill I should mention they do a Special Drink 3lt and pay for 2 but I am not sure if they do this all the time. And I think you might not be able to mix the Different types of beer.

This is actually great value if you compare it to a 70THB bottle of Chang it's 10% more a lt but 10 times better in taste (or the one I had yesterday was). Unfortunately, it's not the kind of bar I would want to drink 3lt of beer in. But would be great if you were having a meal with some friends.

Oh and they don't add service charge or Tax on unlike The other Home Brew place on Beach RD.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm more of a Cask Bitter man myself but I like the sound of the Cherry Beer so I might just visit the Beerfest the next time I am in Pattaya

Sounds like the manager needs to get his calculator out.

Archived