Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Great Car Rental Prices

padays

Just a heads up for all members here.  A friend told me about this service posted some time ago I believe.  Rates as low as Honda City for under 5000 baht a week or D Max Truck for only 5600.  They are a garage in operation number of years insured and Thai owned.  They will take copy of pasport only.  It's Rods Service on Soi 6 Pratumnak not far from the tower you can contact at Nui_jamjuree on line or www.rodservicethailand.com

3 hours ago, padays said:

Can you check the website address again as does not exist?

7 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

Just google Rods Service on Soi 6 Pratumnak

Comes up with a FB page and a web address.

22 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Prices seem very similar to the competition to me.

who else is doing a new car for under 5000 a week?  I would like to know too...

On 7/7/2018 at 16:43, overseas516 said:

works when i type it in

Just seems similar to other prices I have seen when driving around. I dont look closely at such ads as I have my own car.

I just used 'pattaygolf' for a car rental who is a member here on PA.

It was a 2017 Nissan. There charge was 6,000 baht for a week, which included delivery and pickup from your hotel.

Had the sticker on the windshield for the insurance.

Needed a copy of passport and my IDP.

The insurance coverage IMHO is about the most important thing in a car rental in Thailand.

I have always used Expat Car Rentals in the past, but wanted to give a pattaygolf a try because of being a member here. His price for a week was about the same as Expat Car Rentals charges me for 4 days.

LeoTex   

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

9 hours ago, LeoTex said:

It was a 2017 Nissan. There charge was 6,000 baht for a week, which included delivery and pickup from your hotel.

The insurance coverage IMHO is about the most important thing in a car rental in Thailand.

I have always used Expat Car Rentals in the past, but wanted to give a pattaygolf a try because of being a member here. His price for a week was about the same as Expat Car Rentals charges me for 4 days.

LeoTex   

okay thanks for the info... I am just pointing out that Rod Service  will also do a new car with full insurance and commercial insurance as it is a registered business and last I looked the rate was the best I had ever seen in Pattaya... 

• 1 month later...
On 7.7.2018 at 08:06, padays said:

Just a heads up for all members here.  A friend told me about this service posted some time ago I believe.  Rates as low as Honda City for under 5000 baht a week or D Max Truck for only 5600.  They are a garage in operation number of years insured and Thai owned.  They will take copy of pasport only.  It's Rods Service on Soi 6 Pratumnak not far from the tower you can contact at Nui_jamjuree on line or www.rodservicethailand.com

Just spoke to them on FB. The catch is that if the accident is your fault, he will charge you the rental price for as long as the vehicle is getting repaired.

So you really have no limit on how much your damages are in case of an accident.

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

• 1 month later...
On 14/09/2018 at 21:44, stacksreg123 said:

Just spoke to them on FB. The catch is that if the accident is your fault, he will charge you the rental price for as long as the vehicle is getting repaired.

So you really have no limit on how much your damages are in case of an accident.

I see but that would likely not deter me.  Odds are if you are in an accident you are worse off if the renter does not have commercial insurance etc.  

Thanks for that , I might like to hire a car for two weeks  in December or January . This company offers a very reasonable price ... 

On ‎14‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 09:44, stacksreg123 said:

Ouch, that could be very painful on the pocket book.

I have rented from ExPat Car Rental in that past and now only from 'pattayagolf', who is a member here on the board.

Both required a 5,000 baht deposit, which is fully refundable if there is no damage to the car.

The odds of having a accident is Thailand may be low, but not that low to take a chance.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

5 hours ago, LeoTex said:

Ouch, that could be very painful on the pocket book.

I have rented from ExPat Car Rental in that past and now only from 'pattayagolf', who is a member here on the board.

Both required a 5,000 baht deposit, which is fully refundable if there is no damage to the car.

The odds of having a accident is Thailand may be low, but not that low to take a chance.

LeoTex

I think the odds of having an accident aren't that low at all. 

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

On 15 July 2018 at 01:47, LeoTex said:

LeoTex   

i used Pattaya Golf when i hired a bike for a month just recently , great service , will only be using him in future 

didn't realise he did cars as well , will keep him in mind if i need in future

On 10 July 2018 at 06:47, KittenKong said:

Just seems similar to other prices I have seen when driving around. I dont look closely at such ads as I have my own car.

do you have any accident insurance for your car , if so how much does it cost you a year and how much does it cover

On 15 July 2018 at 01:47, LeoTex said:

he insurance coverage IMHO is about the most important thing in a car rental in Thailand

i totally agree , your up shit creek if you don't . one has to cover all bases while in thailand as so many willing to con you or rip you off . if you don't have insurance your leaving yourself open and vulnerable IMHO

5 hours ago, onehunglo said:

i used Pattaya golf when i hired a bike for a month just recently , great service , will only be using him in future 

didn't realise he did cars as well , will keep him in mind if i need in future

Yes, he only has a few of them to rent. Newer and well maintained.

I give him as much notice as possible for my dates needed for each trip.

Again, I like the fact that he will deliver and pickup at your hotel.

LeoTex

On 14/09/2018 at 16:44, stacksreg123 said:

and as a farang you are always at fault

4 minutes ago, gmingot said:

and as a farang you are always at fault

Based on personal experience or myths repeated ad nauseam ?

• 4 weeks later...

I rented from the company and they are top notch.  The car was clean.  The insurance is commercial which means full coverage for you without any questions.  I would rent again especially at these rates.

Archived