Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

Hello Gentleman,

I would proudly like to present to you finally something I am positive will be delightful for those in attendance. As many of you may know, Tequila Reef Pattaya has been undergoing major changes throughout the last 15 months since the untimely death of Father. Personally, I have known the issues of Tequila Reef Pattaya for nearly 10 years but I was told to take a "hands-off" approach to my normally proactive nature. Thus I spent most of the time on the Philippines branch Tequila Reef Angeles City well aware of the problems literally festering and compounding as the years went by.

Thus of my reluctance to post 75% of the time on Pattaya Addicts even though I'm friends with the staff on this rather extensive undertaking and some of you may know I run Philippines Addicts, the sister site of this one.

Sorry to get long winded about this plug but I felt it necessary to explain to the general public reasons NOT excuses of the slow downward spiral of Tequila Reef here in Pattaya. I don't make excuses and my goal has always been to be brutally honest. In my experience, this is always the best policy in the restaurant business as most people are quite level headed and understanding, MOST of the time.

Over the years, you guys have pointed out many important issues regarding Tequila Reef Pattaya to which I can never thank all of you enough. None of this has fallen on deaf ears and believe my frustration level over the years has reached critical levels at times. With all that said, I am honestly happy to present our annual July 4th All You Can Eat Buffet on Wednesday, July 4, 2018 starting at 2:00 PM. This has been promoted pretty well and based on last year's this should be a very popular event. 

The price is 495 baht per person or 825 baht per couple. Margaritas are only 130 baht and local beers are only 80 baht.  I honestly hope some of you guys decide to come as it's a substantial offering of All You Can Eat Bar-B-Q Ribs, Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Chili, Fajita/Taco Bar with all the fixings, Bar-B-Q Chicken, Cole Slaw, Potato Salad, Bar-B-Q Beans, Apple Pie, Full Salad Bar, Corn on the Cobb and all the proper fixings. I'll make sure Guacamole is available as well as sour cream. Tacos may be a soft or hard shell with meats of your choosing. I've been butchered by people stating our enchiladas, tacos and other items DO NOT USE corn tortillas, this could not be further from the truth. They have always been served properly.

Hamburgers and even hot dogs are made to your liking so please remember to order your selection early. I'll be there to have some giveaways and gift vouchers for a raffle draw and for you Canadians this is also a chance for your to celebrate Canada day albeit a bit late.

Here's the rather cool looking promo flyer for your edification:

Independance-Day-July-4-Pattaya---2018---New.jpg

Note: This shall be probably the last event of which 7% VAT is added to your bill. This shall be removed very shortly and included in the prices as I'm personally sick of hearing about the bitching (which is warranted). Also, our new website is almost complete which is very responsive and shall be very informative - it's temporary sub-folder based URL is http://www.tequilareef.com/blog/ which shall be changed to the root domain shortly.

Small issues still remain that take proper planning and careful judgment to fix. Anybody who owns a business in Thailand can probably guess what that entails so I'll leave the reader to pondering that.

Thanks to Pattaya Addicts and all the guys behind this board as you have no idea the effort involved in a message board. I liken it to "herding farrow cats". Cheers and hope to see you all sometime soon. 

Sincere Regards,

Chris

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

After reading Chris's post about how his food has improved I gambled and went to the 4th of July buffet.

To my surprise, it was awesome!!! The ribs were falling off the bone, very very tender. The taco meat was very good, both the beef and chicken.The salsa was fresh, chunky and very tasty.  But the highlight for me was the guacamole, it must have been made from hass avocados, and was fantastic. The best I ever had outside of the u.s.

All in all, I really enjoyed the meal and thought it was a great value. Even my wingman from England stuffed himself as I did.

I have been critical of TR in the past, so I wanted to give credit when credit is due. Chris, you did a great job at changing the food and I will be back. 

On 7/6/2018 at 03:59, WhiteThai said:

After reading Chris's post about how his food has improved I gambled and went to the 4th of July buffet.

To my surprise, it was awesome!!! The ribs were falling off the bone, very very tender. The taco meat was very good, both the beef and chicken.The salsa was fresh, chunky and very tasty.  But the highlight for me was the guacamole, it must have been made from hass avocados, and was fantastic. The best I ever had outside of the u.s.

All in all, I really enjoyed the meal and thought it was a great value. Even my wingman from England stuffed himself as I did.

I have been critical of TR in the past, so I wanted to give credit when credit is due. Chris, you did a great job at changing the food and I will be back. 

Good to hear.  After three disappointments in years past I quit going there.  I'll make a point to give it another try during my September trip.

14 minutes ago, tko said:

Good to hear.  After three disappointments in years past I quit going there.  I'll make a point to give it another try during my September trip.

Same here, I gave up on TR after a few disappointing meals and watered down margaritas a few years ago.  I guess I'll give them another chance and stop by and grab a bite.

• 2 weeks later...

It's only going to get better gents and thanks for the comments. 

A little bump in the road at the moment in terms of losing a cook. I'll be in there myself changing and updating all aspects of everything on a daily basis. To date, many changes have been made but I'm still not happy with everything. I'll be unrolling some very unique items for Pattaya along with daily drink specials, surprise weekly specials and one of my favorites, a Prime Rib deal. 

More American food selections shall be added along with improvements and additions to the Mexican items. My service staff has been great but there are other changes in the works there too. Most importantly, THE HAND SHAKEN MARGARITA!

Tequila Reef Cantina Bar and Restaurant
Established 2001
Soi 7 Pattaya Beach Road
Tel:(038) 414-035

Pattaya: Tequila Reef Pattaya Restaurant

tequilareef_banner_300.jpg

FACEBOOK - TWITTER - YOUTUBE

1_1_Philippines-Addicts-Logo-May-2012.jp

Join Philippines Addicts the World's largest Philippines Sex Travel and expat forum with over 62,000 members today! Be advanced immediately ONLY if you are advanced on Pattaya Addicts with over 150 posts. PM me on PIA!

Question: Are your Margaritas made from fresh ingredients or do you use Margarita mix?

I make my Margaritas from scratch at home so am biased against drinking Margaritas from overly sweetened mix.

Last time I was on soi 7 I contemplated stopping in and drinking an ice cold Margarita. But since just about every Mexican restaurant in the States use a heavily sweetened mix I assumed your restaurant did to. Please tell my assumption is incorrect!

13 hours ago, wtboatr said:

Question: Are your Margaritas made from fresh ingredients or do you use Margarita mix?

I make my Margaritas from scratch at home so am biased against drinking Margaritas from overly sweetened mix.

Last time I was on Soi 7 I contemplated stopping in and drinking an ice cold Margarita. But since just about every Mexican restaurant in the States use a heavily sweetened mix I assumed your restaurant did to. Please tell my assumption is incorrect!

In the states the best margarita I have had is the classic at red lobster, never had one in Pattaya

• 1 month later...

Okay I said I'd give Tequila Reef another shot, and I did.  I stopped in for lunch and ordered the triple combo with a crispy beef taco, a chicken enchilada, and a cheese enchilada.  Served with Mexican rice and refried beans, I'm happy to say it was excellent.  The margarita was good, too.  Tequila Reef is back on my "go to" list.

TequilaReefSm.jpg

Just stopped in for lunch today. I have noticed a marked decline in TR quality since I first tried the Angeles location about 8 years ago and being pretty impressed. My last few visits in Angeles and Pattaya locations have been quite disappointing. When I saw the above post I figured I would give the Pattaya location another shot, and came away disappointed.

I ordered the 'pick two' combo plate, asking for beef and chicken enchiladas. The "careful, hot plate" was just warm. The diced chicken texture was reminiscent of a Little Caesars pizza frozen meat topping minus the flavor, and the beef must have been a few days old. The only pleasant part of the over-priced lunch was the surprisingly good refried beans and Mexican rice. The price was over $10USD after a diet Coke and tortillas on the side. 

I probably won't be back any time soon.

20180915_005316.jpg

Archived