Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Yiam Restaurant (2nd Road, opposite Soi 8, at the beginning of Soi New Plaza) 24/7 open

JohnDoesPattaya

As i asked my girlfriend-for-one-night if she wants to go eat something, she mentioned this place. I did not know it before, so i thought "why not?! lets go!".

Location: As the thread title says, it's on 2nd Road, directly at the beginning of Soi New Plaza and (nearly) opposite Soi 8. Hard to miss. Link to Google Maps: https://www.google.com/maps/place/YIAM+Restaurant/@12.9351191,100.8834847,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x3102960f04d72d09:0x144d765b264510d7!8m2!3d12.9351191!4d100.8856734?hl=en

How fast do you get your food? This had varied a lot between my three visits there. Yiam Restaurant can be extremely busy in the evening and you should be prepared to wait a long time then. I advise to better not go there between the peak hours (19-22). Before or after it is ok and you will high likely get your food in a decent amount of time.

How friendly is the staff? Not unfriendly, not overly friendly, pretty neutral. They are there. They serve your food. All good.

What kind of customers does it attract? A wide range, thats sure. Beside english speaking people i heard russians, germans, even some chinese, koreans and even some thais ate there.

How big is the choice of food? Very big. You get everything there. From Pizza over Seafood to Thaifood to russian food and so on. There will be something for everyone.

Prices? I do not really remember what i paid there. But it was not much. If there would have been over-the-top prices i would not have gone back two more times, so the prices were at least ok.

Quality of food? Let me first say that especially 24/7 restaurants can vary greatly. As they must employ a few/many different cooks it can be more hit-or-miss like restaurants that are only open for a specific time with nearly always the same cook. During my visits the food was always very good with one exception: The pizza i had there was awful. Thaifood was very good, crocodile (see last picture) was good, western food was (according to another girlfriend-for-one-night, she wanted it!) good, springrolls were very good. Portion size was ok. Not very big, but not small either. Its what you would expect in a 24/7 place in Pattaya.

Would you go there again? Yes, but not during the mentioned peak hours.

Some pictures from TripAdvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d7355299-Reviews-Yiam_Restaurant-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html#photos;aggregationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7

Some more pictures from Google (there you can also see a part of the menu with prices - not sure if outdated or not! - at the end of the gallery): https://www.google.com/maps/place/YIAM+Restaurant/@12.9314935,100.8825106,3a,75y,90t/data=!3m8!1e2!3m6!1sAF1QipOQ8mQ2xCzVT8vgYqttntk84mUFP3Upt0RKuq8O!2e10!3e12!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipOQ8mQ2xCzVT8vgYqttntk84mUFP3Upt0RKuq8O%3Dw203-h114-k-no!7i5312!8i2988!4m5!3m4!1s0x3102960f04d72d09:0x144d765b264510d7!8m2!3d12.9351191!4d100.8856734?hl=en

At Google its rated 3,8/5 stars, at tripadvisor its rated 4/5 points. I would agree with that rating.

01 - Kopie.jpg

02 - Kopie.jpg

03 - Kopie.jpg

04 - Kopie.jpg

05 - Kopie.jpg

06 - Kopie.jpg

07 - Kopie.jpg

08 - Kopie.jpg

09 - Kopie.jpg

10 - Kopie.jpg

11 - Kopie.jpg

12 - Kopie.jpg

Thanks for the review and the photos. Not trying to judge, but damn that is a lot of food for 2 people!

We have eaten here over fifty times but on my last visit in January i ordered cheeseburger and chips and the burger came it was raw in the middle. We pointed this out calmly to the server and she took it back to the kitchen and 10 minutes later it came back with the same burger cooked and the original french fries all stone cold. We pointed again this calmly to the server and all she did was shrug her shoulders. I then left the cheeeseburger and chips as i didnt want it anymore. The bill came and yes they charged me for the cheeseburger and chips which i did not eat. We informed the server and she said you ordered it you pay for it and no refunds given. I paid the bill in full with no tip and left.

I have never been back and will never return so because of their charge for a cheeseburger and chips at 170 Baht and lost me as a customer who has spent well over 30,000 Baht. This is Thai logic for you and their loss but other restaurants gain.

I ate at this place only time to try their seafood mousse curry. It was the worst version of that dish I've ever had so that was it. But that crocodile dish looks interesting.

I have eaten here before, found overall the food and service to be very mediocre and the prices above average. IMO it is geared to non repeat business since the location is great ..... that said..... very nice review and photos to OP

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

2 hours ago, petermik said:

Cheeseburger and chips 170 baht....WTF :LMFO:

Couldn’t remember the exact price so i guessed as it was now 5 months ago.  :Club_fight1:

1 hour ago, baddog666 said:

I have eaten here before, found overall the food and service to be very mediocre and the prices above average. IMO it is geared to non repeat business since the location is great ..... that said..... very nice review and photos to OP

Just walk around the corner to The ferret on NP which has most of the same menu apart from pizza and pay 50% less for the same or better food.

4 hours ago, baddog666 said:

Yeah, my impression too.

Tourist trap. As good as it needs to be for that. 

Archived