IGNORED

Condo rental from early Nov.2018

Kim Jong Il

I'm starting to think about my next trip and I will be looking to rent a condo in Pratumnak, Jomtien or Na Jomtien from early November for 5 or 6 months.

Question is do I need to get on and get a rental agreed pretty soon or do I just turn up and stay in a hotel for a week while I find something.

I guess I'm looking for a bit of advice from some of you guys who are pretty up to speed with the rental market these days.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Edit....could also be interested in a house in East Pattaya.

8 minutes ago, Kim Jong Il said:

Question is do I need to get on and get a rental agreed pretty soon or do I just turn up and stay in a hotel for a week while I find something.

The price would be quite a bit cheaper if you turned up to stay in a hotel to look, and the choice of condos would be bigger.  There is of course a risk that things don't work out perfectly though, and you might find the condos available had less eg kitchen equipment and internet already set up than the ones on AirBnb.

There’ll be no problem finding something on arrival. There are LOTS of empty condos with owners desperate for tenants.

The only slight issue will be that those condos that are available for short term rentals as well as long term  are likely to be busier as you arrive at the start of high season. There are still plenty of condos that are only available for long term rents. 

Your best bet is to narrow down where you want to stay and the size of condo you want, as well as facilities.

You can then get a short list of buildings to look at when you arrive. 

Best avoid most agents if possible and walk into buildings and look at notice boards.

If you’re not sure, book a month to try a building before committing to 6 months.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

as always avoid agents as they are usally completely useless and dishonest clowns , take a hotel 1-2 days and look around / pay / move in same day .

for your selected areas there are unlimited options ..... bahtsold / airbnb and several sites will do the work 100 times better than any former mcdonalds clown employee now working as a "agent" in pattaya / thailand .

not sure how many threads or answers needed regarding agents and their endlessly horrible bad reputation amd useless service .

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

I have used https://www.siamorientalrentalservice.net/ twice now. All the condos are in Pratamnak. Base price for long term contracts are: studio 7kbht/month and 1BR 10000bht/month and they have a lot of choice. I was in my first apartment only 6 months and the price was the same. There is always room for the negotiation. 

My current 1BR was new when we moved in. Still 10kbht +utilities about 1500bht/month. These condos are better quality than normal thai condos. 

Archived