IGNORED

Eye surgery (RLE)

Burgos123

I have read about refractive lens exchange and find it very interesting. This is the procedure where your natural lens is cut out and exchanged with a new artificial lens. No laser involved in this procedure.

This procedure is very expensive at home but in Prague it can be done for €1300 per eye. I am looking for a hospital in Thailand that performs this operation but my searches are resultless. 

Does anyone know more about this. I would rather have it Made in Thailand if there is a good place for this than having to spend a week in Prague.

More info on RLE: https://www.allaboutvision.com/visionsurgery/refractive-lens-exchange.htm

Thx

I've had this done in one eye. It's generally done to fix cataracts. You lose the ability to focus in and out. 

Go to the best hospital in Bangkok Bumrungrad International.  

Yes I've heard the way they do it now is same as the cataract operation where the lens is replaced, more expensive than the Lasik which I've had and is about £5000 per eye in the UK.

https://www.bumrungrad.com/en/vision-eye-examination-surgery-center-bangkok-thailand

The procedure is simular to cataract operation but I dont believe you loose the ability to focus in and out. You can have a trifocal lens inserted and you should be able to see all distances.

I have checked the hospitals and I just cant find anything about RLE. Maybe they dont perform this operation in Thailand.

19 hours ago, Burgos123 said:

I have checked the hospitals and I just cant find anything about RLE. Maybe they dont perform this operation in Thailand.

Consider  yourself failed in basic Google lookups...just pulling  your chain. :P

Below links seems to show some places in LOS that do this. Good luck. ;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=Refractive+Lens+Exchange+in+Thailand&rlz=1C1AOHY_enUS720US720&oq=Refractive+Lens+Exchange+in+Thailand&aqs=chrome..69i57j0l5.10660j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

21 hours ago, Burgos123 said:

The procedure is simular to cataract operation but I dont believe you loose the ability to focus in and out. You can have a trifocal lens inserted and you should be able to see all distances.

It's all about it on the link to Bumrungrad on the link I posted earlier in the thread.  ReLEx

Guess it helps not to use the abbreviation when searching. Thx - feel like an idiot. Not too many results though.

ReLEx is laser surgery which is not what I am looking for.

Got quote from Rutnin - 250.000 which is the same as here so not good news!

Archived