IGNORED

Empty plane

Rainsberger

Hi Guys

Went back to the UK last Wedneday morning on Qatar Airways flight QR827 at 08.05am a B787 Dreamliner

and after 32 years coming to Pattaya was so shocked to see only about 30 passengers if that boarding the

flight to Doha, even the flight to Heathrow QR1 although much busier there were still rows of empty seats

Of course i had a row to myself on both flights don't think Thailand is very popular at the moment .

I did also notice the next day the QR827 from Bangkok was Cancelled even Etihad have been cancelling flights

from Bangkok.

Very similar experience in January but on a Thai Airways direct flight with all four seats to myself. I had more space than business class which made me feel great. :D

Some great prices in cattle class out of Dublin last few trips maybe over capacity who knows

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk

Same for me last September with Qatar BHX - Doha - BKK, 3 seats to myself both flights. Busy coming back in April though.

15 hours ago, rope-a-dope said:

Ah Bliss, a rare treat to be savoured. 

Yes a "rate treat".

Only on 2 occasions has this happened to me. The first was the following Tuesday after 9/11. Both the long haul from the US to Tokyo and the plane from Tokyo to Bangkok and the same for the revers 3 weeks later. I had the center row 4 seats to myself. The only other time was the "Sars Virus" and maybe at the peak of the Bird Flue.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

This has never happened to me. I live in hope I can experience this treat at least once in my life. 

I had something like this once many years back when I was in my 20's, the airline had to bring a plane from one city to another due to a break down.  we had about 20 people on the flight, when I told the old lady sitting right net to me I wanted to go stretch out in the back empty rows, she said "I don't think that's allowed, these are assigned seats". I just ignored her and moved on to lay down across three seats and slept. 

Any time I fly with Etihad I find the plane is never full and on a couple of occasions much closer to empty; was on a flight with them last year from AUH - BKK on a 450 seat 777 and there was literally one bus load of passengers on the flight - 50 people max.

1 hour ago, PR1977 said:

Any time I fly with Etihad I find the plane is never full and on a couple of occasions much closer to empty; was on a flight with them last year from AUH - BKK on a 450 seat 777 and there was literally one bus load of passengers on the flight - 50 people max.

What sizes are the seats on Etihad?

I only fly Delta Airlines and on their 777's there are 248 economy and 38 business seats. Even back before they put in the flat beds in business I think they had maximum of 296 seats.

I don't even think that the old Delta Boeing 747's had 450 seats.

But what every the seat count is, it is nice when the plane isn't full. The last few times I had to fly economy, the seat next to was empty and that alone makes the trip a little more enjoyable.

LeoTex 

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

2 hours ago, PR1977 said:

I've flown with Etihad quite a lot over the years and that's been my experience as well. I think they have an excessive amount of flights on the AUH - BKK route.

48 minutes ago, LeoTex said:

What sizes are the seats on Etihad?

I only fly Delta Airlines and on their 777's there are 248 economy and 38 business seats. Even back before they put in the flat beds in business I think they had maximum of 296 seats.

I don't even think that the old Delta Boeing 747's had 450 seats.

But what every the seat count is, it is nice when the plane isn't full. The last few times I had to fly economy, the seat next to was empty and that alone makes the trip a little more enjoyable.

LeoTex 

Their 777-300 any time I've flown with them is set up 2 class with 10 across in economy.

According to seatguru set up is 28 business and 384 economy so still over 400 if not quite the 450 incorrectly quoted in my post above

Seen a few flights with empty Biz and F sections but never a really empty Eco cabin I don't think. Been sole or one of two or three pax on private aircraft of decent size a few times.

Had it 3 times. Once BKK to jakarta. Had 3 seats to myself.

Twice Nadi- Melbourne and Vice versa. Midnight flight from Melb to Nadi. 4 middle seats behind bulkhead on a midnight flight and after 5 hours in the club I slept the whole way,

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Anytime I've flown with Etihad the flights have been at least two thirds full, Turkish Airlines was very full, not a seat on either plane in business was free. Economy seemed pretty busy too.

On 20/06/2018 at 22:52, gambler said:

I've flown with Etihad quite a lot over the years and that's been my experience as well. I think they have an excessive amount of flights on the AUH - BKK route.

Not so many as Qatar Airways Doha--LHR and now also Doha--LGW.

Was at Qatar flight last December,  Dublin to Doha 2/3 full , Doha to Bangkok was 100% full , Bangkok to Doha 100% full , Doha to Dublin 50% full . I fear in future , Qatar may cut 7 days a week flight to 3/4 days a week on Dublin/Doha route . Etihad may follow ... Both of em are my favourite flight ( Qatar is my number one) . 

Archived