Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Asiana Air - BKK-LAX Business class

fatjack1

Lookking at booking some travel and seems my old standby EVA is still high and last trips experiment Cathay is around $3900 RT.  Asiana has travel for $2990 RT biz class and the connections look OK in Seoul Inchon.  I have never flown with Asiana and am looking for opinions experience flying them long haul biz class.

Thanks for any info or alternative ideas.

Have never flown Asiana so cannot help you there, but think that rate looks pretty good.  I took Hong Kong Airlines(bkk-hkg-vancouver-calgary) and rate was 1900USD one way.  I would not be scared of any airline business class - Ie would take cheapest unless I knew one was better than other as long as connections/timing was suitable(not even such a dealbreaker with business class).  LAX just seems such a bad place to connect out of from Canada.  I do think I may give the economy plus on Eva a go next trip - one way anyways.  

I flew to Manila via Seoul on Asiana from LAX a few months ago in business, thanks to some United miles I acquired. Flight attendants were very nice and enjoyed the flatbed seating and entertainment options. Thought the food with the exception of fresh fruit was pretty bad though.

Also flew through Seoul on the way back from Thailand in Asiana economy. Had a long stopover, but was happy to find an area in the Seoul airport with beds to sleep in and showers, all free.

Take a look at my trip report in the non-advanced section, "Briguy's Asian Extravaganza," for more details of my various flights (including biz class on Thai).

I was SUPPOSED to take that flight on my way back from BKK in February, but I had to stay in Korea for a few days on business, so I switched over the Korean Air (which allowed free layover on way back from BKK)

Here is a pretty detailed review of biz class on Asiana's A380 service between LAX and ICN:
https://onemileatatime.boardingarea.com/2017/11/13/asiana-business-class-a380-review/

Less than $3k all in for RT biz class LAX-BKK sounds pretty damn sweet!  I paid right around $2k for RT premium economy on Singapore between LAX and ICN in April and then another $800 for RT biz class on Thai between ICN-BKK (client was only paying for LAX-ICN, so I had to book the other legs on my own and it didn't make sense to use miles at that cost).

Thanks all.  The only negative I can see is the arrival times aren't great.  But I've been doing this long enough I don't mind arriving late at night and getting in a taxi.  So long as I have lie flat seats arranged as 1-2-1 so I i don't have people climbing over me in the night I can take it.  Looks like ASIANA fits that need.  And the reviews are positive.  I don't care much about the food.

edited to remove giving a moon.  What the heck did that come from ,LOLs

5 minutes ago, fatjack1 said:

So long as I have lie flat seats arranged as 1-2-1 so I i don't have people climbing over me in the night I can take it.

If carrier don't have 1-2-1,  center row is  climbfree zone on the 2-2-2 config.

dono if any carrier still operate equipment with the odd 2-3-2 (with angle flat) but that has to be the worst config ever

23 minutes ago, Kandinski said:

If carrier don't have 1-2-1,  center row is  climbfree zone on the 2-2-2 config.

dono if any carrier still operate equipment with the odd 2-3-2 (with angle flat) but that has to be the worst config ever

Is OK if you can preassign seats.  I have to say after reading that really well written review on Asiana I'm about to pull the trigger on  a ticket.  I need a  BKK-LAX on September 28-30 and return in 2019.  I may never use the return based on how my life is going but it is STILL cheaper than most one way options I have.  And who am I fooling.  There is still a bit of Pattaya infecting me and I'll need at least one visit a year.  LOLs

1 hour ago, fatjack1 said:

Is OK if you can preassign seats.  I have to say after reading that really well written review on Asiana I'm about to pull the trigger on  a ticket.  I need a  BKK-LAX on September 28-30 and return in 2019.  I may never use the return based on how my life is going but it is STILL cheaper than most one way options I have.  And who am I fooling.  There is still a bit of Pattaya infecting me and I'll need at least one visit a year.  LOLs

I have not flown Biz but before the downswing in Oil & Gas when First was  accepted as standard  I had the pleasure of several longhaul with Asiana and most say I was impressed of comfort and service on their 747 (1-1 config)
As other said food may not be the best in the industri but with a decent wine list... who cares

10.jpg

9.jpg

8.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

6.jpg

4.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

Well, done deal (soon).  I can't see getting lie flat 1-2-1 seating for less than $3000 anytime soon.  Gonna book today.  Thanks for the reviews all.

Just did it.  Whoa.  Hope Nike doesn't sue me.:rolleyes:

Can't think I'll find much better on one stop BKK-LAX-BKK 1-2-1 seating lie flats on 380 airbus.  RT was $3052 all in.  Hope Asiana turns out to be a good decision.  

1 hour ago, fatjack1 said:

Just did it.  Whoa.  Hope Nike doesn't sue me.:rolleyes:

Can't think I'll find much better on one stop BKK-LAX-BKK 1-2-1 seating lie flats on 380 airbus.  RT was $3052 all in.  Hope Asiana turns out to be a good decision.  

Will be curious to hear your thoughts of it after the trip!

Even some of the cheaper carriers are fine with 1-2-1 lie flat Biz class seating.  I've done China Southern (A380) a couple of times, and had no issues....AND I'm pretty sure that the guys who had to pay for my travel paid more than $3052 all in!  555

1 hour ago, Luv2Phuket said:

Will be curious to hear your thoughts of it after the trip!

Even some of the cheaper carriers are fine with 1-2-1 lie flat Biz class seating.  I've done China Southern (A380) a couple of times, and had no issues....AND I'm pretty sure that the guys who had to pay for my travel paid more than $3052 all in!  555

'll post my experience.  Won't be until September 29 or later.  That is the first leg when  return to the states.

• 4 weeks later...

That is a pretty good deal, I would have gladly booked one way or RT for that. I just paid $1600 for 70k Alaska miles and rather than deal with the BS of having to look at flight availability daily to try and snag a good reward booking, I would have paid a bit extra to just book business class on a decent airline like Asiana.

Archived