Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Golf bars in Bangkok?

xdrt33

Pattaya has many bars which organise golf trips e.g. Retox, Le Katai, Travellers Rest.

Anyone know of something similar in BKK, preferably Nana area? I would want club hire, transport, and "just for fun" attitude.

I've tried on Bangkok addicts, but currently no luck there.

Good question,would be interested to see what if any are in Bangkok. 

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

6 hours ago, PBear66 said:

Kiwi Bar soi 8 does outings. Great bar also.

HI Bear Do they have a website and which courses - away from pattaya - do they play??

Thanks for the feedback Bear. :) Could not find a website for them. They have a FB page which I couldn't access, probably because I'm not on FB. Plenty of good reviews for the bar. Run by a scouser called Jason apparently. I would not expect to see online trip listings. The places in Patts that do such golf trips just write them on a whiteboard outside for each week.

So a good start - anyone know any others??

Stop press - just found the website! :)

http://www.thekiwibangkok.com/

No more info on the Kiwi Bar golf trips.

Emailed them twice, once no reply, once failed communication. Will keep trying. Anyone in BKK at present can call in there and get some info??

Been looking online at other BKK expat bars. No indication of golf found so far.

Most excited to learn from "Laura the Explorer" that there is a Golf Bar on Khaosan Road! Alas, checking it out, there does not seem to be any golf involved. It's the type of joint that sells cocktails in buckets to young falang backpackers. The boast on their sign is that they don't check ID cards. You are waited on by friendly guys in orange shits apparently. Hope that's Laura making a typo.... :)

Thanks for your input Ludhamlad.

I'd need to borrow / hire some clubs from somewhere though.

9 minutes ago, xdrt33 said:

Thanks for your input Ludhamlad.

I'd need to borrow / hire some clubs from somewhere though.

Give them a ring, number on website and see if you can hire some clubs.  I'd like to know myself as that's good to know there's a range in Bangkok.

Well, I think I've cracked it guys.It took a while, because I was asking the wrong question.

In Patts, you need organised golf trips for:

1. Transport to courses (usually at least 1 hours drive)

2. Club hire (some courses don't hire them)

I have now found 2 courses in BKK which can be reached easily by public transport,

and which hire out clubs. They are:

1. Royal Dusit - in central BKK, inside the horse race track apparently.

Link -      http://thaigolfer.com/course/103

2. Kantarat - at Don Muang airport

Link - http://thaigolfer.com/course/188

So no need for any organised tour from bars etc.

According to the reviews, both are rough old golf courses.

No problem for me - I'm a rough old golfer :)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Well, I played Kantarat a couple of weeks ago - and it was a hoot!

My mate drove down from Issan with his and a spare set of clubs. We met up at Mo Chit and drove to Don Muang (about half hour to get there). It's not particularly easy to find as the road system there is a real maze. It's a Thai Airforce base, with armed guards on the gate. Note that you need to show your passport when paying the green fee (1200 bht with cart). No photography is allowed.

Playing there is certainly an experience of a lifetime. The course is in between the two runways. Planes are continually taking off on one and landing on the other. There is a plane taxiway running right through the course! Golfer crossing is controlled by traffic lights (no-one jumped the lights here!). We thought that being on an airport, that there would not be much water, but in fact there was water on every hole. Not the most accomplished round of golf I ever played, due to all the distractions, borrowed clubs etc. Would not have missed it for the world though.

One final comment. The article in the previous post suggests that the caddies are looking for a barfine. We saw no evidence of this. My mate's caddy was quite old, and mine, though younger, was not really BF material. The was none of the usual sexy banter you often get on Thai courses.

Archived