IGNORED

A few 60 + 30 day stay questions

az89

1.Do you get the full 60 days from day of arrival,I know in Vietnam although called a 90 day Visa on arrival you only actually get 87.

2. How long before the 60? days are up can you apply for a 30 day extension.

3.Are the 30 days added from the the end of the original visa or from the day you apply for the extension and is it a full 30 days.

4. Regarding the TM30 form I need to take to immigration to get the extension is it just a case of asking the landlord/guest house owner for it 

and what if I stay at a few different places.

You can apply for a 90 day Non=O tourist visa before you get there in your home country.You can move around. hotels issue.

I think you only get 30 days on arrival.

Then you have to apply for a further 30 days a few days before. The last 30 you will probably need a Visa run.

Talk to the Thai Embassy in the UK otherwise you will get the run around here and a lot of advice and costly solutions to sort it out.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

The original 60 days refers to the tourist visa I obtain in the UK prior to arriving in Thailand not a visa exemption on landing.

I am entering as a tourist so the 90 day visa is a no go.

Tourist visa is 60 days (from the uk, thats all i know) then go to immigration and get a stamp for 30 more. That'll get you three months.

If you want to stay longer you can simply fly out to Cambodia or somewhere and come back. If you arrive by airport you get a 30 day stamp on your passport, visa exempt. You can do this twice a year. So that gives you 5 months.

Longer than that, simply marry some Thai girl and go for an O visa. Provided you have the income.

So in short to answer your questions, yes you get 60 days. Want more? Go for a stamp on the day your visa expires. Yes, they add 30 days. Last point idk. If you've been in Thailand for a couple of months and aren't living in some TGs house for free you're doing it wrong.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

I only want 90 days.

It seems the thread and has gone off on a tangent with answers nothing to do with the questions I asked.

I only want 90 days.
It seems the thread and has gone off on a tangent with answers nothing to do with the questions I asked.

That's a simple tourist visa then.

Get a tourist visa (60 days) before you go. Then go to immigration on the day it expires for a stamp that'll let you stay 30 more days.

This information is all pretty clear on the Thai embassy website.

Sent from my SM-J530F using Tapatalk

1. 60 calendar days

2. About 2 weeks before is ok

3. Added to the end, so you get 90 calendar days

4. Not sure

1. No, if you are doing a 30 day extension, then the last day of the 60 day TV will be the same day as the first day of your 30 day extension, so the reality is you get 59 days.

2. Depends on the Immigration Office but if it is busy then they will tell you to come back nearer to the date of your visa running out.

3. See Question 1

4. Landlord / Guest House owner should register you on your arrival. Ask them when you arrive. You may have to fill in the back of the TM30 which is just name, passport number etc. If they do not register you, then you will have to go to the Immigration Office yourself and do it.

Pasta man and Taa_saparot 

Thank you for answering the questions I asked I appreciate it.

Day of arrival and day of departure both count so it’s always really one day less than you may think. So, 89 not 90.

As long as each place you stay properly registers you with Immigration - most hotels will automatically but can be hit & miss with condos - then you’ll be OK for the extension. The TM30 is the form the hotel/condo owner has to complete when you arrive in their accommodation not the one you complete.

The ‘proof of address’ still seems to be hit & miss depending which Immigration office you use so best to check just before you want the extension. 

In theory, you can extend at any point but within a week or so of expiry is probably best.

At the risk of stating the obvious, remember the visa will expire if you leave Thailand for any reason during the 60 days.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Davidge,like always you give a superb reply and have obviously read my questions.

I know it's actual days in Thailand and not nights what I did not know was the last day of the 60 is the 1st day of the 30 pointed out by Taa_saparot above.

I will book flights 87 days apart allowing a little leeway.

I plan on staying at The Avenue Residance using agencies like Thailand-property who have large amounts of units available there 62 at the last look would they deal with the TM30 or would I need to get in touch with the actual owner?

Thank you.

On 5/30/2018 at 13:57, az89 said:

1.Do you get the full 60 days from day of arrival,I know in Vietnam although called a 90 day Visa on arrival you only actually get 87.

I am from the USA and I have gotten a 60 day tourist VISA the past 5 yrs.  Last year, this is how my passport was stamped, e.g. admitted 14Oct 2017 until 12Dec2017.  Last year I had to leave on day60 or on 12Dec 2017.  When you apply for the VISA also makes a difference because of the Thai Embassy warning below.

In the past, I had been applying for the 60-day VISA too early, then the Thai Embassy in DC started to put the warning below on their website about the VISA becoming effective from the date of issue, so now I apply for the VISA within 30days or less when I plan on entering Thailand.

Period of stay:  not exceeding 60 days

Validity of a visa: The Validity of a visa is 3 months.

***A visa becomes effective from the date of issuance. Do not apply for the visa too early. If you apply too early the visa may expire before your trip and you will have to re-apply. The fee is not refundable***

http://thaiembdc.org/consular-services/tourist-visas/category-tr/

10 hours ago, az89 said:

I plan on staying at The Avenue Residance using agencies like Thailand-property who have large amounts of units available there 62 at the last look would they deal with the TM30 or would I need to get in touch with the actual owner?

Thank you.

I’m not certain but I thought they were a site like Zoopla that simply lists adverts by lots of different agents, rather than being actual agents themselves?

You’d need to check with the agent you end up booking with that they do submit the TM30 when you arrive and that they’ll supply any paperwork needed for your extension. I’m still not absolutely sure you’ll need anything - as long as the TM30 has been done - but things are rather fluid!

12 hours ago, joeaf said:

In the past, I had been applying for the 60-day VISA too early, then the Thai Embassy in DC started to put the warning below on their website about the VISA becoming effective from the date of issue, so now I apply for the VISA within 30days or less when I plan on entering Thailand.

You have to ENTER Thailand within 3 months of the date of issue, not leave.

88 nights you get for a 60 day visa plus a 30 day extension .extension follows on from your tourist visa expirey date.be aware if you arrive in thailand late pm that will count as day one.over stay of 1day 500baht fine.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->

On 5/31/2018 at 03:57, az89 said:

2. How long before the 60? days are up can you apply for a 30 day extension.

3.Are the 30 days added from the the end of the original visa or from the day you apply for the extension and is it a full 30 days.

4. Regarding the TM30 form I need to take to immigration to get the extension is it just a case of asking the landlord/guest house owner for it 

and what if I stay at a few different places.

1) yes effectively ist  59 nights 

2& 3) that is your choice but doing it this will depend on the day of the week the immigration is open to get the best out if it the visa will start the day of issue going over will icour a 500 baht a day fine one day free. ie visa finishes on a sunday do it monday no fine  

4) hotels and guest house will have you registered. so you wont need it. If it's from a landlord or real estate  most won't have you registered unless you bring up the point on contract signing so if you go without  the fine will be given to you not them.

avoid this by getting a agency to do your visa extension money well spent with the  time involved.on doing the process yourself.

Ask a silly question and i'll leave a silly answer  

Would have been easier if you googled it yourself.    

Thanks spelling and grammar checkers for being a ?%6433%#E

Quote if you expect a reply.  

THE THING ABOUT COMMON SENSE IS THAT IT'S THAT NOT COMMON                                                                        

IT'S NOT ROCKET SURGERY       quote from Anna Nicole Smith.

On 02/06/2018 at 01:08, leeds said:

over stay of 1day 500baht fine.

Overstay for one day is free (but you still get a stamp in your passport)

2 hours ago, talung66 said:

avoid this by getting a agency to do your visa extension money well spent with the  time involved.on doing the process yourself.

Agreed, even though I was registered I still used an agency last time to do my extension, as the total cost was only 900 baht more than doing it myself, which I thought was worth it.

5 hours ago, Taa_Saparot said:

Agreed, even though I was registered I still used an agency last time to do my extension, as the total cost was only 900 baht more than doing it myself, which I thought was worth it.

Yes for those that don't even need the TM30 for extensions the hassle of filling in forms /time involved/queuing/ photocopies/and  travel the 900 to 100 baht fees are value. 

:rolleyes: Can anyone recommend a good agent to handle the extension process - would prefer this no hassle way - don't mind paying the extra.

25 minutes ago, bpauly said:

:rolleyes: Can anyone recommend a good agent to handle the extension process - would prefer this no hassle way - don't mind paying the extra.

Maneerat gets a good  rep on here for all things visa related & licences.etc.it's on soi post office.

I use first class visa for visa runs on Soi 6 in the Queen vic she will do it .

18 minutes ago, bpauly said:

They tend to be more expensive than others but the ones next to Immigration are reliable. ‘Visa to Britain’.

Ask for Ruby, if she’s still there.

Archived