IGNORED

Bangkok - Restaurant Recommendations near the Chatrium Riverside

I tried posting this at Bangkok Addicts, but the post failed, so I thought I would try here.

I will be spending a few days in Bangkok with a lady friend from Jomtien in a couple of months. We will be staying at the Chatrium Riverside. That is on the Chao Phraya not too far down stream from Wat Pho. One reason for this is that even though she is Thai and a practicing buddhist, she has never seen Wat Po. I have been there several times.

I have stayed at the Riverside before and like it for a short stay with a GF. I used to be a Sukhumvit Bangkok guy back in the day, but the day was 15 years ago. 

I am looking for a few restaurant recommendations (dinner) in the area near the hotel. I think that area is called Silom (near the Saphan Taksin BTS stop). Yeah, we can grab a cab or the BTS if need be. 

My lady friend is from Isan, so Thai food (particularly seafood) would be the main target. I used to know the answers to these questions, but most of the places I used to go to are probably out of business by now.

Just to level set a little, if you are familiar with Jomtien she really likes Pupen's. I was thinking of something fancier for Bangkok.

Thanks in advance.

If you walk over to the Ferris wheel you have a bunch of nice restaurants, don't recall any names but many options in the complex. 

4 hours ago, Marcus85 said:

If you walk over to the Ferris wheel you have a bunch of nice restaurants, don't recall any names but many options in the complex. 

No need to walk, free boat ride from Saphan pier.

The hotel has a free boat (runs about every 20 minutes) that will take us to Saphan pier. Good idea. Thanks.

Chatrium had a ferry shuttle to the Saphan Thaksin pier when I stayed there a couple 9f years back. Easy to go from there to Silom 9r take the free boat to Asiatique where there are many places to eat.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

9 people can't make a baby in one month

Nearby is the Ramada riverside.

The Chinese Dim Sum restaurant there will blow your mind. (If you like that kind of fare.) Extremely popular with local VIPs and food lovers.  

Lunch prices are very good deal. 

They also have their boat shuttle to the BTS. 

There's a decent seafood place off Rama III called Baan Klang Nam. Easy to find on Google. You'll need to take a cab.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Archived