IGNORED

Indian Tourist attacked by Beach mat vendors

The Pattaya News

Pattaya-

An Indian tourist, Mr. Baldeep Sigh Gulati, 41 years old, was attacked in the early morning hours of Wednesday morning on Pattaya Beach less than a 100 yards from the Pattaya Police Station.

He, another Indian man who has not been named and two Thai woman who identified themselves as friends of the two Indian men went to the beach to relax and watch the water with a few drinks they had brought. Ms. Rinlada Klahan, 29 years old, stated to the press that they had brought their own mat to sit on.

She states that as they laid out the mat two currently unknown Thai men approached them and told they needed to purchase a mat from them to sit on that section of the beach for 100 baht. When Mr. Gulati refused and said it was a public beach and they did not own the beach (Which is correct) the two Thai men attacked Mr. Gulati, punching him and knocking him to the ground causing minor injuries.

The two Thai men then proceeded to flee the scene.

Mr. Gulati and Ms. Klahan went immediately to the police station to file a report. The Pattaya police say they will be investigating CCtv in the area to identify the two men and bring them to justice for causing another damaging incident to tourists shortly after a German tourist was attacked by a motorbike driver the week before.

The post Indian Tourist attacked by Beach mat vendors appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

https://thepattayanews.com/newsletter/

Check out our Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCznGH-m-TAn2iqTYQL5yOcA

45 minutes ago, The Pattaya News said:

Pattaya-

An Indian tourist, Mr. Baldeep Sigh Gulati, 41 years old, was attacked in the early morning hours of Wednesday morning on Pattaya Beach less than a 100 yards from the Pattaya Police Station.

He, another Indian man who has not been named and two Thai woman who identified themselves as friends of the two Indian men went to the beach to relax and watch the water with a few drinks they had brought. Ms. Rinlada Klahan, 29 years old, stated to the press that they had brought their own mat to sit on.

She states that as they laid out the mat two currently unknown Thai men approached them and told they needed to purchase a mat from them to sit on that section of the beach for 100 baht. When Mr. Gulati refused and said it was a public beach and they did not own the beach (Which is correct) the two Thai men attacked Mr. Gulati, punching him and knocking him to the ground causing minor injuries.

The two Thai men then proceeded to flee the scene.

Mr. Gulati and Ms. Klahan went immediately to the police station to file a report. The Pattaya police say they will be investigating CCtv in the area to identify the two men and bring them to justice for causing another damaging incident to tourists shortly after a German tourist was attacked by a motorbike driver the week before.

The post Indian Tourist attacked by Beach mat vendors appeared first on The Pattaya News.

Click To View The Pattaya News Website

So much for the "Land of Smiles"

I think there's more to this story.:unsure:

25 minutes ago, Queef_Sniffer said:

Why?

8 minutes ago, rope-a-dope said:

100 baht saved, a sterling effort.

What next ? 100 baht to enter a soi ? 

Thai government has been upping the fines on laws that foreigners might break. Such as smoking on the beach is something like a ridiculous 1 million baht fine. How about increasing the fine for physical assault to the same 1 million baht fine, rather than the customary 500-1000 b fine and an apology? And enforcing it.

But wait... this is a law  that applies to Thais Against foreigners, will never happen. 

22 minutes ago, wingnutv said:

What next ? 100 baht to enter a soi ? 

Why not? It's an excellent business model, scalable as well. However, it's not for me so whilst I wish you luck, I won't be investing.

1 hour ago, Queef_Sniffer said:

Could be....maybe they were trying to sell suits 555

10 minutes ago, wadman said:

Thai government has been upping the fines on laws that foreigners might break. Such as smoking on the beach is something like a ridiculous 1 million baht fine. How about increasing the fine for physical assault to the same 1 million baht fine, rather than the customary 500-1000 b fine and an apology? And enforcing it.

But wait... this is a law  that applies to Thais Against foreigners, will never happen. 

Isn't it great to know that we're not only despised (albeit behind their "smiles") but also considered little else than milk cows.

A Thai lady I know who happens to be the wife of an old mate of mine here in Australia, once said "Thai only want your money then leeb". 

There's an idea, take your own deckchair down the beach and see what kicks off, video it for fun

3 hours ago, The Pattaya News said:

"was attacked in the early morning hours of Wednesday morning "

"unknown Thai men approached them and told they needed to purchase a mat from them to sit on" 

So what I don't get is .....we have "unknown Thai men" on the beach in the early hours of the morning , presumably with a bunch of mats in their possession , so in essence they are .......middle of the night travelling mat sellers ( with menace ) .

They drum up business by approaching unsuspecting tourists that are already sitting on mats, and telling them "that they need " to purchase a mat from them to be allowed to sit on the the beach.

Is it just me , or is that a bit hard to believe.....

I don't know, but do some travel insurance companies pay out for " being attacked" (injured ) on holiday?....or is that just me being cynical.:rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

There's an idea, take your own deckchair down the beach and see what kicks off, video it for fun

Better yet make it a Cricket team,  2 to 4 Batsmen should sort any problems.

So what I don't get is .....we have "unknown Thai men" on the beach in the early hours of the morning , presumably with a bunch of mats in their possession , so in essence they are .......middle of the night travelling mat sellers ( with menace ) .
They drum up business by approaching unsuspecting tourists that are already sitting on mats, and telling them "that they need " to purchase a mat from them to be allowed to sit on the the beach.
Is it just me , or is that a bit hard to believe..... I don't know, but do some travel insurance companies pay out for " being attacked" on holiday?....or is that just me being cynical.:rolleyes:

Night time the mats get laid out on the beach, and they want tourists to sit on them for a fee, 100 is a new record high

10 hours ago, usexpat46 said:

The news article said Wednesday morning, Wednesday is a no mat rental day.

Elementary? :)

Turns out Soi 9 spotted that too and it was all about something else not mats.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

Archived