Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

Hi. Looked through the thread "any good buffet around" and couldn't find any for Indian. Do you know of a nice indian buffet for a couple of hundred baht around?

thank you

Happy Eating.....

19 minutes ago, chang beer said:

Do you know of a nice indian buffet for a couple of hundred baht around?

Nice and couple of hundred Baht do not normally make a good buffet especially an Indian one.

Robins Nest do an  just about OK Indian buffet on a Tuesday or Wednesday for 299 Baht

3 hours ago, Pheat said:

Nice and couple of hundred Baht do not normally make a good buffet especially an Indian one

Yes and no. Get on the bus to Bangkok and go to the ground floor cafe of the Ploenchit Novotel where they do an excellent Indian buffet with all the trimmings and free water for 250B incl tax and service.

If they can do it in Bangkok I'm sure it would be possible here.

18 hours ago, KittenKong said:

If they can do it in Bangkok I'm sure it would be possible here.

Sure but they don’t in Pattaya so not relevant to the OP thread .

Unless you are prepared for a 2/2 half journey each way for a feed .

10 hours ago, Pheat said:

Unless you are prepared for a 2/2 half journey each way for a feed .

I've done that many times, though I usually combine it with some other reason for going.

The only Indian buffet I have noticed is on the first floor of the Tops building, Klang and 2nd road. It was 250 baht as I recall. Lots of restaurants around but havn't noticed any advertising a Buffet. 

I have heard of a B200 Indian buffet at Aroma https://www.facebook.com/AromaRestaurantPattaya/?ref=br_rs on soi 18 in Naklua.  I have never been to it, but I'd be grateful for any reports of it.  See some comments on https://www.happycow.net/reviews/aroma-pattaya-80734  Some photos at the bottom.

A different approach would be to just have a South or North Indian thali for about B200 at eg Dosa Hut on 2nd Rd.  I have eaten and enjoyed them, but of course they aren't what most people would call a buffet.  https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d8808420-Reviews-The_Dosa_Hut-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html

Another way of playing it would be to take an adventurous interpretation of "Indian" and head to the Persian buffet on 2nd Rd which I think is B199.  I've walked past it hundreds of times but never eaten there.

I think there is one on Soi Honey.

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

I don't fancy these Indian places, think you'd need to bring an IV

The only one I have seen is the one near to those massage places when you walk from klang to north on second road. I think its some 200-250B but again not so great reviews so never tried it.

Based on my experience I would never eat in Indian restaurants even being Indian and after several days in Pattaya I crave for some Indian food. The lesser quantity does not bother me much as I dont eat that heavy but the price and taste just keeps me away.

A good India restaurant ( not Buffet ) is Layla.

It is behind Walking Street,

in the Soi 16,  after 150 m on the right side,

I have heard of a B200 Indian buffet at Aroma https://www.facebook.com/AromaRestaurantPattaya/?ref=br_rs on soi 18 in Naklua.  I have never been to it, but I'd be grateful for any reports of it.  See some comments on https://www.happycow.net/reviews/aroma-pattaya-80734  Some photos at the bottom.
A different approach would be to just have a South or North Indian thali for about B200 at eg Dosa Hut on 2nd Rd.  I have eaten and enjoyed them, but of course they aren't what most people would call a buffet.  https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g293919-d8808420-Reviews-The_Dosa_Hut-Pattaya_Chonburi_Province.html
Another way of playing it would be to take an adventurous interpretation of "Indian" and head to the Persian buffet on 2nd Rd which I think is B199.  I've walked past it hundreds of times but never eaten there.
I have been to the Persian one.. Not very good. Mostly vegetable and nothing spicy.

Nice and couple of hundred Baht do not normally make a good buffet especially an Indian one.
Robins Nest do an  just about OK Indian buffet on a Tuesday or Wednesday for 299 Baht
It is definitely no longer Tuesday. I went there thinking the same thing and Mondays and Tuesdays are now chicken day. I believe I went by the next day too and no Indian then too (not 100% sure).

3 hours ago, hioctane said:
On 07/05/2018 at 14:38, Pheat said:

It is definitely no longer Tuesday. I went there thinking the same thing and Mondays and Tuesdays are now chicken day. I believe I went by the next day too and no Indian then too (not 100% sure).

Definitely on a Tuesday walked past last Tuesday and was advertised on the boards.

12 hours ago, hioctane said:

Don't want to take sides or anything, maybe a little confusion...

From Robin's Nest FB account three days ago, ie last Tuesday:

5afeb65265848_Screen2.thumb.jpg.4efda86846a6667f02b54f19f2f383d6.jpg

Don't want to take sides or anything, maybe a little confusion...
From Robin's Nest FB account three days ago, ie last Tuesday:
5afeb65265848_Screen2.thumb.jpg.4efda86846a6667f02b54f19f2f383d6.jpg
Thanks. I will check again next holiday. I was there on a Tuesday night last month and I know for sure that sign was not there!

Archived