IGNORED

Kindle Paperwhite Problem

not at home

My brother has just sent me a new Kindle Reader,he won it in a draw he reads only a little so he sent it to me, I registered it and hoped to be up and running but unfortunately something is wrong,my friend has sent me a number of Books over the last few Days,one Day the Books he sent arrived to my Library and appeared as only the blank covers,no content,he tried again the next Day same thing blank cover but could get the content then all of a sudden they disappeared,next time he tried I got nothing to my reader.

He tried a number of things from his end(Hua Hin) but couldn’t get anything to my Kindle, I am not the most gifted so I had no idea what was happening so today I went to have a look around Tuc  Com I asked a lot of people different Shops and got no help at all most I asked had never seen one.

So I am in the unfortunate position with a new Kindle that doesn’t work , I am hoping! that one of you more knowledgeable guys can help me ,perhaps with your own knowledge or point me to somewhere I could take it to,all or any help would be much appreciated.

I have several kindles, including the paperwhite.

How did he send you the books? email or what?

What format are the books? Are they mobi or azw or pdf if ebook then know that ebooks don't work but can be converted to kindle format connecting via a usb from a pc that has the calibre reading software on it.

Are they DRM'ed originals? If so will only open on the buyers account.

A common issue when copying over books can be corrupted files, if you connect to a pc you can check in the library, delete them or copy books across. I heartily recommend Calibre reader as it allows you to change the metadata for better listing and to convert pretty much any format of book from one format to another.

You could also try looking here for answers:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=166

Thanks for your quick response and help,unfortunately the friend who is sending them is out to night so I can’t answer your messages,but I will speak to him tomorrow morning find out which way he is sending them and if you don’t mind I will contact you tomorrow once again thanks.

I also have a paperwhite and i'm reasonably tech savvy. I have had issues copying files from laptop and getting them to appear on the kindle. Try resetting the device.

All my books are saved on its hard drive (no cloud stuff) and are downloaded from torrent sites.

7 minutes ago, taylor1975 said:

I also have a paperwhite and i'm reasonably tech savvy. I have had issues copying files from laptop and getting them to appear on the kindle. Try resetting the device.

All my books are saved on its hard drive (no cloud stuff) and are downloaded from torrent sites.

Thanks for your message and response hopefully will be able to thank all responders soon, appreciate the help

download calibre to your pc open it and co to add books find the book click on it and it will send it to your library on calibre

if they are in e pub fornula install calibre on your pc and convert them to mobi 

when they arein your library on kindle there isis a link on top of your kindle that says convert books  put mobi as you output destination [top right hand corner theh attatch your kindle yo your pc via usb port when it opens go back to calibre

it will now show up  PARTITION ON TOP  send to  device highlight the book and it will go blue

the press send to device and it will send bookto your kindle

any holes a goal

Much appreciated your input thanks will respond after I send these details to my friend.

Archived