IGNORED

You can get fined for bringing food from your in-flight meal.

storytime

Bringing undeclared food and plants into your country can get you heavy fines, this includes that small pot of yogurt served in your in-flight meal, a well known airways flight gave free apples to their passengers as they disembarked from their plane only to get fined by immigration for undeclared fruit.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

14 minutes ago, storytime said:

Bringing undeclared food and plants into your country can get you heavy fines, this includes that small pot of yogurt served in your in-flight meal, a well known airways flight gave free apples to their passengers as they disembarked from their plane only to get fined by immigration for undeclared fruit.

What country?.

Sex without love is an empty experience;

But as empty experiences go, it is one of the best.

Looking at the TV series  “Nothing To Declare” i would suggest Australia was one of the country’s.

25 minutes ago, DaffyDuck said:

Pretty much any country that is industrialized.

I think you're wrong. Most of mainland Europe wouldn't care for example. It is pretty useless with many landborders. 

A country like Australia with only sea borders can keep unwanted diseases out hence they take it very seriously. 

2 hours ago, storytime said:

I am not sure of your source as you do not quote it, but it seems to be covered on a previous thread, about an apple taken from a stopover in France and taken into Australia, on the next plane.

Not quite fruit handed out at the end of a flight, final destination, in a country that does not allow fruit in.

The policy in Australia is very clear with signs up in the airport.

Simple answer is to declare all food and see what they let you take in.

I doubt they would stop you taking a small pot of yog.

I have taken food (and wooden objects) into Australia, but declared it all and was allowed to take in raisins, crisps, snacks, hard woods etc..

2 hours ago, Billyboy294 said:

What country?.

USA,Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand.

1 minute ago, storytime said:

USA,Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand.

I don't know of any mainland Europe countries that would not allow it. 

into thailand they are only looking for excess ciggies

you have been watching "nothing to declare" thousands of people defending Australia's borders haven't you?

Fly on the wall, cheapo and know your enemy addictive.

The airline food was not yogurt it was apple provided in NZ flight into Australia.  $100+ fine, great TV, you had to laugh at the criminals.  they signed the form no food, no fruit and the customs guys were milking it.

Thailand bends over forward to satisfy us, love to see a Thai fly on the wall TV catching Fag smugglers or down Ko Samui way when druggies realise they are not shelling out $5 and walking.

1 hour ago, Queef_Sniffer said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43864113

Think there's more to this story though, like maybe she got attitude and caused the ICE agent to lose "face."

It was the Australian or New zealand one that gave me inspiration for this thread starter, I didn't know about the US/Canada you've here.

3 hours ago, striderman said:

into thailand they are only looking for excess ciggies

What's considered "excess?"

I remember when my granddad got his cans of yoghurt (he called them the equivalent of "sour milk") first time I went to the US.
Not so super relevant to the discussion, I admit, that was in 1983 :wink:

But bringing an apple to Europe is not going to get you in trouble. Nor yoghurt, for that matter.
What will get you in trouble is beef or pork. Fish is fine, I've personally carried at least 100kg of dried fish in(!), and I would have refused that if I didn't read up on the rules beforehand.

58 minutes ago, Queef_Sniffer said:

What's considered "excess?"

200 Cigarettes or 250g tabacco maximum allowance. :D

7 minutes ago, overseas516 said:

200 Cigarettes or 250g tabacco maximum allowance. :D

So a carton I purchased at duty free would be considered, "excessive?"

29 minutes ago, Queef_Sniffer said:

So a carton I purchased at duty free would be considered, "excessive?"

there are 200 in a carton and that is the allowance

On 3.5.2018 at 23:28, overseas516 said:

Looking at the TV series  “Nothing To Declare” i would suggest Australia was one of the country’s.

Officer: Sir do you have criminal record?

English lad: Geez I didn't know you still need to have one to enter Australia

You couldn’t even bring fruit across the state border from nsw to Victoria when I was a kid. Some dude would check your car and caravan.
Trying to stop fruit fly. I think it’s just the honour system now.

This passenger has (had) Global Entry (fast track immigration), so she is no stranger to international travel.  Anyone who has traveled internationally would know better, besides it states right on the customs declaration form not to bring in agro products!

https://thepointsguy.com/news/customs-fines-woman-for-delta-apple/

If you want a better experience with your "date"... read, learn, live the following:

https://forum.pattaya-addicts.com/topic/22263-vetting-bar-girls-and-how-to-pass-their-own-vett

• 2 months later...
On ‎03‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 22:39, storytime said:

Fined by Immigration or fined by Customs?

1 hour ago, fakebook said:

Fined by Immigration or fined by Customs?

Why whats the difference?

Three times last year I arrived at ORD / Chicago as my point of entry upon return to the USA.

Every time there were officers with Basset Hounds near the luggage claim belt.

These dogs are trained to detect agricultural products .  I witnessed one that resulted in a carry on search , not sure what was found.

I also witnessed when another officer brought out a bag and set it down prior to another officer bringing the dog , as a test.... he did sit in front of the bag signifying a positive response.

I was at the airport in YUL/Montreal going back home early one morning.... as I approached US Customs which is located in the airport before you board.... I remembered I had a banana in my bag from the hotel.... I told the officer I had it and I had forgotten.... he thought it was funny and had me go around to the back and give it to another inspector for disposal, who in turn thanked me for my honesty.

Bottom line...you and only you are responsible to know the laws for duty and contraband.... or pay the price.

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

You can get fined for (making false declarations on your customs form)

You don’t get fined for simply  bringing in food, from airline or otherwise. Neither to you get handed food when disembarking from any responsible airline. 

What at you can get fined for is for signing your name to a legal declaration that says “I am not carrying any food at all” while carrying food into a country that values its agricultural industry. 

You get fined for making the false statement, not for carrying the food. This can be evidenced if you declare the food, and they check it, you may often be able to continue. Or it may be confiscated, but without fine  

It’s breaking the law with the lie that you get done for, not the food.  

On 5/3/2018 at 11:32, Queef_Sniffer said:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43864113

Think there's more to this story though, like maybe she got attitude and caused the ICE agent to lose "face."

US Customs and Border control.  Not ICE.  My guess is she said something smarmy but we'll never know.

Archived