IGNORED

Isaan restaurants???

I have never really tried any authentic Isaan food, though i've heard it is suppose to be great. Are there any restaurants in Pattaya that is based on isaan cuisine?? And are they good?

Thanks

my experience of isan food is that like all foods it varies from superb to awful. A lot of it depends on the chef. Some of the carts sell isan style food but not come across a restaurant that is exclusive to that cuisine. perhaps a trip to Udon Thani, Nakhon Ratchasima, Ubon Ratchathani, Khon Kaen etc is in order!!

no idea what it's like. new plaza, near second rd end, opposite everyday is fryday and the golden ferret

5ade9169e2c68_april1012(Custom).JPG.cbde63b2bf9e0fa46c8260408782ccff.JPG

3 hours ago, striderman said:

no idea what it's like. new plaza, near second rd end, opposite everyday is fryday and the golden ferret

5ade9169e2c68_april1012(Custom).JPG.cbde63b2bf9e0fa46c8260408782ccff.JPG

Thanks striderman!

Please give us a report, when you get to eat there.

Thanks

2 hours ago, MSR said:

Thanks striderman!

Please give us a report, when you get to eat there.

Thanks

zero chance.

1. not the sort of stuff i eat

2. i take the pics i'm not a board registered food critic

I haven't find any decent Isan eateries in Pattaya. In Hua Hin there is loads of them but not easy to find in Pattaya. Missing that super moist chicken, Yummy soups and cucumber som tam.

I have a GF that I have been with for over a year. I am in the process of moving to Jomtien. To the couple of guys who know me, I jokingly refer to her as my tour guide. We recently made a trip to Isan. That can be found in the following forum.

http://www.pattaya-addicts.com/forum/forum/312-isan-travels-and-trip-reports/

She has taken me to many Isan restaurants in the Pattaya/Jomtien area. I will put up a few posts about that over the next few days in the Restaurants Forum and label them as Isan Restaurants. First suggestion is to put a roll of toilet paper in the fridge. :)

Archived