IGNORED

Where should I exchange foreign currency? Foreign Exchange Bureau or bank?

Zagor

Where should I change for the best exchange rate?

Almost any TT money exchanger, particularly off beach road.

I'll just add to Kahoy's comment that on a day to day basis, if you walk around you will note that different exchange box companies offer varying rates, one company may offer better rates one day and worse the next. TT do seem to be a bit more consistent in offering the higher rates tho.

Vasu Exchange in Bangkok, next to Nana BTS soi 7/1 has the best rates.  I think that if you also go to the basement at the airport, there are booths with much better rates than on the main floor.  In Pattaya most definitely TT exchange.

Only change the absolute minimum at the airport. Say 5000 to cover the first night out plus taxi.  Booths in Pattaya usually close around 10pm and open at 10am. Take cash and be careful not to lose it, plus ideally 2 credit/debit cards.

Bank rates are not flash.  

If you take money via ATM its roughly 5% loss due to poor exchange rate and currency fees.  A rort yes.  Only use as top-ups/emergency.

In Bangkok, super rich has some of the best rates. They have a kiosk in the basement of the airport that is always busy.

Archived