Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Google Chrome(copy)Cast

Garzan

I recently bought a Google Home Mini voice controlled assistant, and wanted to try some things out with the Chromecast interface to a "regular" TV. Not entirely a surprise, you seem to need an actual Google Chromecast for the Google Home Mini to recognize it. What I have is a well disguised (at least from the packaging) Chinese copy of a Chromecast. It does not work with the Google Home Mini, which is what I bought it for. Lesson hopefully learned. 

This CopyCast was just under 1000b at BananaIT, which to me would be an entirely reasonable cost for a real version 2 Chromecast. I would be quite happy to get 500b back out of it. I'd take it back to BananaIT, but I pretty well mangled the box getting the darn thing open. 

What it won't do: be recognized by a Google Home Mini You can't use it to say, "Hey Google, turn on the livingroom TV and play the latest Kev-in-Thailand video from YouTube." (assuming that is something you'd want to do.)

What it will do: the rest of the stuff Chromecasts are supposed to do. It works a treat if you want to mirror your laptop screen onto the home or hotel room TV. Got some videos on your laptop you want to display on the TV, and you don't want to snake a HDMI cable across the floor? This will handle that.

I'll be in Pattaya the week beginning May 05 (2018) staying near the LK Metro area. If there's any interest, I'll stick it in my bag before I head down that way. Otherwise, it's destined to live on a shelf in my junk *used but good" room.

copy-cast.thumb.jpg.1ef2fd2536930503859f5221bfe25c16.jpg 

Got a real Chromecast Ultra from the US that works perfectly with Google Home, so I know it wasn't 'cockpit error'. If I were only doing mirroring the copy would be fine. Unfortunately for me, I wanted voice control too.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Archived