Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Need a Currency rule on PA?

Dear all! 

PA is a huge source of information and I spend a lot of time trying to learn as much as possible and I try to contribute as much as I can.

But we doesn't all speak the same language. Yes, we do speak English on this board but I'm talking about the currency. It should be mandatory to use Thai baht, and Thai baht only on this board. After all, it's the only currency we all have in common on this board which is mostly about Thailand.

I'm pretty sick of converting US dollars, Aussie dollars, Canada dollars  Euro and British Pound etc. Let's all speak the same language: Thai Baht!

type "1 usd thb" into any browser. Its not rocket science.

15 minutes ago, Kahoy said:

type "1 usd thb" into any browser. Its not rocket science.

No. But sometimes people write e.g.  $1.000. How should I know if it's Canada, US, Australia or Hong Kong dollars?

Use your calculator mate ,... :rolleyes: 5555 

By the way , you got a good point .... 

1C953EC2-AB0F-4AF6-93F8-31C0D2481118.png

As much as i hate to admit it, it seems like a good idea came from a swede...

That being said, why not make our own currency ? How about calling the PA currency for "Boom" ?

Set the value equal to, say 500 baht and hope the concept catches on. I would run around borrowing 1000 baht every place i could get away with it, just to hear people screaming in the streets "You owe me boom boom" :)

I think everyone has a quick idea when they read how much Baht is to mentally, immediately relate to their own currency.  For instance, when I read 1500 Baht, I times it by 3 and drop the zeros and it equates to 45 USD.  It is rough but easily figured.

Now, when I read 45 lire or 45 euro, I ignore the posts because it has no value unless I go figure the exchange rate.

This is the most worthwhile post of helping all understand prices in a long time that I have read.

Great idea.

I like the idea, but I'm not that happy to make more rules, because too many rules may reduce posting.

Instead it could be something like friendly recommendation or note in the rules (or what ever you need to read in the start) that while you write, the preferred currency should be baht, so that everybody can instantly understand the value.

:Flying:4th trip - "The Afterwork" is finally happening in May :Cheers9:

Ok, 2 friendly recommendations.

1. Use Thai baht as the main board currency.

2. Be nice. Write nice. Avoid pejorative phraseology.

RULES

1NQq.gif

There are only two types of people in the world, those who can extrapolate from incomplete data......

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 06:31, PepeLePew said:

Ok, 2 friendly recommendations.

1. Use Thai baht as the main board currency.

2. Be nice. Write nice. Avoid pejorative phraseology.

And please make sure your 'CAPS LOCK' is off.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

31 minutes ago, LarryDarrell said:

IT IS BATH NOT BAHT.

er, no it isn't. It's Baht.

บาท

That's B AH T. The last letter is T.

Using Thai baht is just common sense on Thai forums

Even on Trip Advisor, its ridiculous at times,  people giving budgets & prices in foreign currencies that aren't even used in Thailand

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/04/2018 at 18:32, LarryDarrell said:

IT IS BATH NOT BAHT.

Gospel bro gospel, they're all wrong you got it right ...

I agree with this plus our currencies are moving about a lot at the moment, prices in foreign currency can easily be out of date if its in baht we all know where we stand. unless talking about flights that has to be the exception to the rule 

Normally when talking about prices on the ground most trip reports use THB already. 

Airfares it makes more sense to use the currency where you start the journey. Like if I buy a ticket from Sydney to BKK and it costs me $723, it's more useful to express that in AUD. 

Budgets is where it gets confusing sometimes, as when we save for a trip we save the currency we get paid in. If I have AUD3K for a 12 day trip that gives me AUD250 per day, is that enough if I only go to Walking Street every 3rd night and only buy lady drinks for a girl I'm interested in and eat mostly street food? Or is it better to cut the trip back to 10 nights and eat more restaurant meals and go to Walking Street every 2nd night. 

See what I mean?

Not shameful all the more reason they convert those amounts to baht much more use to them and everyone else 

Archived