IGNORED

Looking for cheap accomodation for one month!

plahgat

Hi!

I just found a very cheap nonstop return ticket with Thai Airways International  from Copenhagen to BKK in June at only 20000 baht ! :)

So it looks like I'm going back to Pattaya again, but because of my financial situation I have cut down my stay from my normal 5 months to 3 months only!

I will also stay in Low Season so I expect some deals on accomodation.

Normally I stay in a serviced apartment for 13500 baht/ month excl. electric & water.

This time I'm looking for a monthly price cheaper than that,  around 8000 baht- 12000 baht/ month excl. electric & water would do!

If I can find a room for a cheap price I might consider staying the full 3 months in one place.

What I'm looking for is a fairly new  modern, clean & quiet place: a serviced apartment would be best,

but might consider a hotel or guesthouse if without bar, restaurant or massage place downstairs!

Aircon-room with balcony is a must as I wash my own laundry, I also like a modern flat screen TV with lots of channels during those rainy nights!

I'm also one of those rare guys that prefer a medium to hard matress!

Bathroom with walk in shower that is separated from rest of bathroom so it doesn't get wet all over the floor !

I work-desk with chair for sitting and work on my computer.

Closet with in-room safe and drawers to store my things, and I especially like those small bed-tables at both sides of the bed with table-lamp and drawer.

I also prefer bright rooms with big windows, but also with good blackout curtains for long morning sleeps.

Good lighting at night is also a must, but I also like those spotlights with a dimmer for the more romantic moments! :rolleyes::P

Cleaning and change of sheets and towels once a week.

I don't need swimming pools or Gyms, but a lift would be nice if high floors!

Areas I prefer are South Pattaya near Walking Street or Soi Bua Khao near Soi Dianna/Soi Lengkee intersection.

I might consider other areas if they are near to Bath-bus routes or not too far to walk to central Pattaya.

I don't drive motorbikes so I will do a lot of walking which is no problem for me,

but since I mostly barfine from Walking Street GoGos I must also consider the taxi rates for transporting my barfines back to my room! :rolleyes:

I have looked on Internet, YouTube and AirBnB, but most places are a bit too far away in Jomthien or Nahkleua.

Guesthouses seems to have high monthly rates and usually noisy bars or restaurants downstairs.

There are a few cheap (10000 baht/Month) and some nice looking Serviced Apartments around the Big C Extra area up at Pattaya Klang/Third Rd,

but they are too far from the action and most of them on the wrong side of the busy Third Rd.

I'm also concerned that some gogo girls in WS would hesitate to go with me all the way for a short time, and taxis would probably ask for a extortionate price!?

So if you guys might have some other suggestions, please tell !:)

Thanks in advance!

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

First man, I really envy you 3 months, damn I wish I could stay that long.

Your trip is over really low season so occupancy levels should be rock bottom in most places.

Real buyers market so hold out for an excellent deal in an area you want to be, nothing past Central and only between Beach Road and 3rd.

Although this is over a year old, try contacting directly some of the places named in it and see what they will offer you.

Good luck :)

I recommend the place below (Soi Post Office 13/2), i stayed there 6 months the previous 2 trips. I paid 12500 a month incl elec water, cleaning 3 times a week, wifi. The beauty is its right next to beach road, walkable from everywhere. Ideal for beach road girls and Walking Street. The important thing is staying in a room facing the back rather than street then its deadly quiet. I recommend room 407.

Pattaya Noble Place 1

Pattayasaisong Rd, หนองปรือ Amphoe Bang Lamung, Chang Wat Chon Buri 20150

083 717 2755

https://goo.gl/maps/1jmmLw39nym

a4cebb9f76a8008f5dfc5a234d6b22dc.jpg

47 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I recommend the place below (Soi Post Office 13/2), i stayed there 6 months the previous 2 trips. I paid 12500 a month incl elec water, cleaning 3 times a week, wifi. The beauty is its right next to beach road, walkable from everywhere. Ideal for beach road girls and Walking Street. The important thing is staying in a room facing the back rather than street then its deadly quiet. I recommend room 407.

Pattaya Noble Place 1

083 717 2755

47 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The location is perfect :Party1::10::Party3::Drunk1::BJ3::23:

I have stayed at Harry's place for 2 months total. It's a guesthouse on soi honey, right across from the honey soapy/massage place. I paid 15,000 - 18,000 a month (water and electricity included), but that was for the bigger rooms. You can probably get a small room for the top end of your budget, especially since you can leverage a 3 month stay. 

Some comments

- it has a bar on the first floor, but it's a very quiet bar. Except on Saturdays when they host dinner parties. 

- rooms have a balcony, big screen TV, shower stall with a curtain. No clue as out the channels on TV, as I very rarely watch TV these days

- easy walk to LK Metro, 1 easy baht bus to Soi 6, coming back from doing 6, you need to walk from beach road. Going to ws is easy enough, walk down to beach road, take a baht bus (or take a baht bus from soi buakhao). Coming back from ws is easy enough too. 

- it was fairly quiet, even though it's on soi honey. If you go further up soi honey (towards soi buakhao), it gets much noisier. Stayed at honey hotel for a few nights, never again, there was a karaoke place a couple of doors down, bad karaoke every night till 2:30 am

- the maids do the rounds daily, so you can have daily cleaning if you want. I hung a "do not disturb" on my door most days, got my room cleaned every 3 or 4 days. I tipped them 40b per clean. 

- bed is soft, but unfortunately a bit uneven. This is probably my biggest complaint of the place. 

- the bar downstairs does food too, about the only thing edible was the bacon and eggs breakfast. Not a big deal, as plenty of eating places nearby. 

Edit : oh yeah, no elevator, so make sure you get a lower floor room unless you like stairs. They use the European system for floors, so the 4 th floor is really the 5 th floor. 

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Pattaya Noble Place 1

083 717 2755

It have gotten some bad reviews lately of bad smell and moulding walls!

Looking at the pics it's very basic room and shower just inside the entrance to the bathroom!

Plahgat

It have gotten some bad reviews lately of bad smell and moulding walls! Looking at the pics it's very basic room and shower just inside the entrance to the bathroom!

Plahgat

No bad smell or mould in the rooms i stayed. Its a question of taste, and what you're willing to pay. I thought a great value place, perfect location, no need for taxis. Still has an overall 4* rating on Google maps. Anyway some people will like it and others won't

I found this cheap apartment place opposite Tuk.com in South Pattaya.

Fairrit Apartments

7500-8500 baht/month nice rooms with kitchen area, sent a mail, but just replied it was full!:rolleyes:

Plahgat

That looks good ..I will Plhgat..

I have 4 weeks in June as well ..How do you book this place ?

1 hour ago, Roadrunner said:

That looks good ..I will Plhgat..

I have 4 weeks in June as well ..How do you book this place ?

It's full! :rolleyes:

It's an apartment I think mostly Thais stay there long time.

You have to contact them here: http://www.fairritcondopattaya.com/contact

Plahgat

There is also President Apartments around the corner on Soi Bua Khao next to "Talaat Nut" market.

But no balconies and probably very noisy from the traffic and on market days!?

According to this video it was 7000 baht per month last year, but looking at the rooms on Agoda,

they seems to have upgraded the rooms so maybe more expensive now!?

President apartment

Plahgat

I've seen that there are lots of cheap places to stay at the southern end of Soi Bua Khao at around 6-7000 baht / month,

with signs and photos outside on the street visible when you walk by, but I never looked at rooms!

I fear some of these places are pretty old and worn smelling of tobacco smoke and so on, and probably get a lot of noise from traffic and bars/Restaurants downstairs,

but I never checked them out so who knows!?

Plahgat

Agoda is saying the President is full as well . Lol

Looks like one hell of a low season ..( Or could they be Pushing certain Places ?  Lol )

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone that have used Airbnb?

In most of their private apartments cleaning is not included,

so how do you take care of the washing/changing of sheets, pillowcases and towels?

Most rooms don't have a washing machine or tumble-dryer!

Do they have washing machines on the premises for the tenants to use, free or coin operated?

...or do you take the sheets to a laundry-shop, if so how much would that cost?

Are there more than one set of sheets, pillowcases, towels in the rooms or maybe you have to buy your own?

Plahgat

The cheaper places to stay tend to be buildings with many individual rooms in them, which are usually almost all occupied by long term people, often girls working in bars.  As an example something like https://www.facebook.com/aclubpattaya.th/ which is simpler than you specify but cheaper at about B4500/m and I know three gogo girls in different rooms in that building  ;-)   This sort of room is usually full, but of course vacancies happen and if you're lucky with your timing then it can work.  TBH reading your OP, the way I'd play it in your situation if you're staying 3m would be to arrive with just a hotel booking for a few days, and just walk around and find somewhere in person.  Be prepared to haggle hard, there'll be so many vacancies in low season you can just name a low offer price and if they don't bite on it, walk out and find another.

In Airbnbs I just leave sheets, towels etc in detergenty water in the kitchen sink for a couple of hours after breakfast, swish them around a bit every half hour and then rinse and hang them out on the balcony - I take clothes pegs and some light rope and improvise some sort of line or drape over whatever balcony chairs there are.

On 16/04/2018 at 14:01, plahgat said:

I found this cheap apartment place opposite Tuk.com in South Pattaya.

Fairrit Apartments

7500-8500 baht/month nice rooms with kitchen area, sent a mail, but just replied it was full!:rolleyes:

Plahgat

If you are looking at spending 3 Months in Pattaya and are obviously on an extremely tight budget.

You will be spending a lot of time in your room so best to pay out for a decent room in the 12/13K range.

If you are looking at spending 3 Months in Pattaya and are obviously on an extremely tight budget.
You will be spending a lot of time in your room so best to pay out for a decent room in the 12/13K range.
No one wants to stay in a miserable room but cheaper doesn't necessarily mean that. Mine is 6k a month and i really like it, lovely staff and the other expats here love it too, good central location. I may not buy after all. Back in the west i have a lovely Georgian apartment so its not as if I'm used to scumsville

6 hours ago, Pheat said:

The best options I have found so far are in that price range 12000-13000 baht/month, including kitchen, and not too far (15 min walking ) from Walking Street, but one room is very small and the other room is a bit old and in a not to nice neighbourhood, both are a bit far from central parts of Pattaya though!

I always would have liked to stay in one of the condos in the back of the Avenue, but they are more expensive at 15000+ baht.

That's a perfect location, central and easy walking!

Plahgat

Have you looked at Yensabai Condo; https://www.yensabaipattaya.com/home.html

Will at least give you an idea of how the studios look. Around 40 sq. m., so not too small.

It's a short walk from Walking Street. 30 to 40 baht by the rip-off motorcycle taxis near WS. You can walk in five minutes probably.

You might find a privately rented apartment there within your range if you take it for the full three months. Perhaps 10k per month.

I know a Scandinavian with an apartment there and he offered me that price. I took a look in case someone I knew would be interested. I already had a beachfront place.

Has a kitchen area and big fridge. Washing machines just in front of the complex. Machines from 20 baht. He may even have a washing machine on the balcony. Don't remember. Big TV and wired Internet. Even has a sea view.

Tukcom, TOPS ,Friendship supermarket, Fresh food/fruit market within a few minutes walk.

They run a tight ship. No Thai girls upstairs without ID, CCTV everywhere and smoking discouraged. So excellent from a safety point of view.

Not the newest of complexes, but it looks at if it might suit you. 

If you are interested, send an email address via PM and I'll pass it on to him.

• 1 year later...

OP, can you tell us where you ended up staying? Would you stay there again, cost?

Archived