IGNORED

Recommendations for Shrimp Paste Fried Rice?

I'm a massive fan of Khao Kluk Kapi (Shrimp paste fried rice), something I discovered in Bangkok on my fourth trip to Thailand, courtesy of a ravenous gogo girl in Soi Cowboy.

On first bite it immediately overtook larb moo to become my favourite Thai dish. Unfortunately, I've had trouble finding this elsewhere, either in Phuket or Pattaya, or in Thai restaurants overseas. Outside of Bangkok I've had it a couple times now (including one restaurant in Central Festival Pattaya), but every single time it's (IMO) a poorer version, often utilising pork or something instead of the lupcheong (chinese sausage) they use throughout Bangkok.

So I guess what I'm asking is, does anyone know where in Pattaya I can find a good Shrimp Paste Fried Rice? I ask bar girls, and while they usually know the dish, they have no idea where to get it in Pattaya, sometimes vaguely suggesting markets but without specifics.

Bangkok style: https://www.willflyforfood.net/uploads/food-travel/reneelicious/frsp3.jpg

This place has excellent Khao Kluk Kapi--a bit far out in Naklua but you can take a baht bus:

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Meng+Ki+Roast+Duck/@12.9735651,100.9070747,17.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x3102be6d9bb81d21:0xc09317f2cd8a2a48!8m2!3d12.9737822!4d100.9074323

Also recommended, pretty much everything else they have--won ton, green curry, penang curry, noodle soup, oh, and their duck is excellent, one of the two best in Pattaya.

Cheers for that expatdude! I will try to find my way over there...truth be told after 5+ trips to Pattaya I've yet to visit Naklua! I'm going in a group so we should have good eats :)

Archived