IGNORED

Old Germany, an Ex-Pat fave

zaphodbeeblebrox

I had a 90-day reporting at Maptaphut immigration today.

Old Germany is probably the most popular western restaurant in Maptaphut with the ex-pat crowd. It is located just west of Soi 19 on Sukhumvit, near Maptaphut immigration, and has ample parking. They have revolving buffets, a different one for each day of the week. The cost is 140-180 baht. Thursday was the international buffet, but I was too early for the Christmas special buffet.

The food is German-continental. A little on the heavy side for my preference, but I must say it was very good. The food is well-prepared and well-spiced, with liberal amounts of pepper. I particularly liked the sausages, sauerbraten, chicken meatball soup and both the mashed potatoes and oven-baked potato wedges with onions. The restaurant does get busy at lunch, but the staff remains friendly and helpful. There wasn't one buffet item that I didn't like. I had a plate and a half of food, soup and a coke for 200 baht. There's a good selection of imported German beers. :Beer1::beer9: I was driving and did not partake in that, though I was tempted. :unsure:

If you're looking for a Christmas or :Party4: New Year's place :Party1: , and don't mind the drive, I would highly recommend it, particularly if you have to go to Maptaphut immigration.

P1010891.jpg

P1010893.jpg

P1010894.jpg

P1010898.jpg

P1010897.jpg

P1010896.jpg

:Drink4: :Chokdee5::Chokdee3:

Read more about the adventures of zaphodbeeblebrox in Rayong at www.zaphod.pattaya-blogs.com

:unsure:

I had a 90-day reporting at Maptaphut immigration today.

Old Germany is probably the most popular western restaurant in Maptaphut with the ex-pat crowd. It is located just west of Soi 19 on Sukhumvit, near Maptaphut immigration, and has ample parking. They have revolving buffets, a different one for each day of the week. The cost is 140-180 baht. Thursday was the international buffet, but I was too early for the Christmas special buffet.

The food is German-continental. A little on the heavy side for my preference, but I must say it was very good. The food is well-prepared and well-spiced, with liberal amounts of pepper. I particularly liked the sausages, sauerbraten, chicken meatball soup and both the mashed potatoes and oven-baked potato wedges with onions. The restaurant does get busy at lunch, but the staff remains friendly and helpful. There wasn't one buffet item that I didn't like. I had a plate and a half of food, soup and a coke for 200 baht. There's a good selection of imported German beers. :Beer1::beer9: I was driving and did not partake in that, though I was tempted. :Chokdee5:

If you're looking for a Christmas or :Party1: New Year's place :beer9: , and don't mind the drive, I would highly recommend it, particularly if you have to go to Maptaphut immigration.

P1010891.jpg

P1010893.jpg

P1010894.jpg

P1010898.jpg

P1010897.jpg

P1010896.jpg

:Party4::Chokdee3: :Drink4:

Thanks!

Just one q, is it any german food on that plate? :Beer1:

G

Sausages, sauerbraten, potatoes. Also, I went back and had some ham roll. It was mostly German, with only 1 or 2 Thai dishes, which were toned-down for western tastes. The food was heavy and sure tasted German. Most of the customers had German accents, although there were a few Americans, like myself, and a handful of Thai businessmen.

Read more about the adventures of zaphodbeeblebrox in Rayong at www.zaphod.pattaya-blogs.com

Sausages, sauerbraten, potatoes. Also, I went back and had some ham roll. It was mostly German, with only 1 or 2 Thai dishes, which were toned-down for western tastes. The food was heavy and sure tasted German. Most of the customers had German accents, although there were a few Americans, like myself, and a handful of Thai businessmen.

Have to pay this place a visit on my next trip in april.

I love german food and often the restaurants comes with quality.

Thanks again zaphodbeeblebrox! :Drunk_Party:

• 1 month later...