IGNORED

March Hotel over April Suites

mothy

I normally am a regular at March hotel but thought I'd try a different hotel, so I booked April Suites for 2 weeks. Considering they are very similar in price, this is a few points on why March is a better choice. 

1. The beds at March are just about as good as my bed at home. I like a nice soft bed and theirs is easily the most comfortable out of any hotel I've stayed at in Pattaya. The beds at April are about as hard as they come, barely had a good night sleep there all trip. 

2. The pool area in March is much better. It provides a place to chill out in the shade at any time of day. On the contrary,  the pool area in April Suites is terrible, there was one umbrella that was always taken up by someone before I got there, and unless you sit right at the bar, you're sitting in full sun. It's like shade sails haven't been invented in Thailand yet, seriously, who builds a rooftop pool and has no shaded area. 

3. The balcony in March is big enough to comfortably sit 2 people. The balcony in April is hardly big enough for the table and 1 chair they provide you and the air con unit blows hot air straight at your head. 

4. The shower head in March is one of those big rain style ones, April's is a standard issue domestic one. 

The only thing I prefer about April Suites is that it's about a 75 metre shorter walk to get to second road and you don't have to pass the area near The Seasons hotel entrance that smells worse than any part of Pattaya. All in all, I do still think April is very good value for how cheap it is, but at the same price, March is a much better option and I'll be staying back there again in September. 

Archived