Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

House rental

Kim Jong Il

So I'm thinking ahead about my next trip which will be a 5 ish month trip starting end of November / beginning December this year. In the past I've stayed in condo's in Pattaya or Jomtien but I'm not really a condo person and would much prefer to rent a house so I'm thinking about east Pattaya.

I'm a fairly quiet person at home. I don't drink so driving is not a problem for me. I would be looking for a house, one bedroom would be suffice although maybe not realistic, detached preferable but not essential if the neighbours are not party animals, something with a bit of garden, something with modern furniture rather than 20 year old stuff. It would need to be a quiet location....not too much street or bar noise.

I'm looking for advice from some of you more knowledgeable darksiders as to which areas are good and which to avoid.

My budget will be up to about 25k per month. Is this a realistic budget for what I'm looking for.

Biggest problem will be rental period. Occasionally you can get a 6 month contract but 12 months is the norm. I rented a two bedroom furnished townhouse for 6.5k/month. Furnished but only had a/c in one bedroom. 12 month contract. Currently, I am in a 3 bed detached bungalow in a very nice gated village (20m pool, great security). Furnished, air in all rooms, nice garden, European kitchen, 2 bathrooms. I pay 16k/month and will become vacant at end of June with an asking rental of 18k/month. Again, 12 month contract. Your budget is very doable, should be able to get something nice for quite a bit less. However, 5 months, high season, not so sure. Another problem might be internet/TV. Also tend to be 6/12 months contracts. You might be lucky and find a farang who is returning to his country for the same period, but usually they do that the other way round, winter here, summer in Europe.

Good luck.

@Darksider11 

Thanks for the reply. 

I may very well stretch the trip out to 6 months so hopefully that could help with the contract period.

I put 25k as my budget hoping that would cover the hi season premium and the shorter contract period.

Maybe book a room at one of hotels on the DS like Dao or Azure (Fabrice) or Aqua Dymie for a week, then you will have enough time to look around.

All those places have a bar attached, so you can sit in and ask the staff or farangs besides driving around.

• 2 weeks later...

Try the Chokchai Village7 or 8 website. They advertise rentals with pictures.

image.png

One bedrooms houses with garden are as rare as rocking horse shit . You might find some Thai type shithole further away from the railway line. Your budget is fine but for that I would ather get sonewhere with a pool and communal services. Most gardens are just pot plants and the odd planter boxes and as for neighboutrs well who can tell. As suggested find a hotel and look on the ground yourelf. You can get 6 month contracts for TV . I pay 1800 per 6 months for Sophon.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice guys. I will keep an eye on the various websites and see what comes along.

As I don't use TV then TV contracts are not a problem. Internet.....I'll have to cross that bridge if I find somewhere.

Archived