Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Horizon - 34th Floor of the Hilton

We decided to give the Horizon a try, just for the sunset view. It's located on the rooftop of the Hilton next to Central Festival. 

This link lists all of the Hilton restaurants go to about the 4th one down.

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/thailand/hilton-pattaya-BKKHPHI/dining/index.html

I'll give away the ending right away. This is not a cheap eats place, but it's pretty cool for the view. If you make a reservation, you can get a decent table. You can also go for drinks only, and that is not cheap either. Still I enjoyed that we did this one time, but I will not be a frequent visitor.

A couple of pics of the place.

Horizon-A.thumb.JPG.e15ea7e487f0d23d5da804790f6eeb90.JPG

Horizon-B.thumb.JPG.d7708708568a5f24320856f817b9ca3d.JPG

The menu - like I said not cheap.

Horizon-C.thumb.JPG.7bf1cb2a267d5762d517fd4f53e0d8b3.JPG

Horizon-D.thumb.JPG.97ca35dd925a65a482b20d37c59a5228.JPG

Horizon-E.thumb.JPG.db9d2f3edcf3250ed035f34525c3fd97.JPG

Entrees - Filet Mignon and Rack of Lamb

Horizon-G.thumb.JPG.efd1d2d73af96469b028be09252d7123.JPG

Horizon-F.thumb.JPG.48c07ab5e5604f0b89a0a2b7f2e9af8f.JPG

And to all a good night

Horizon-H.thumb.JPG.1f0104cfea028194f9ef531048392796.JPG

The wrap-up. Cost was about 4300. That included two fancy Happy Hour drinks and two glasses of wine with dinner. The Service Charge (Tip) was added directly to the check. Not my favorite thing. All in all, very nice especially the view, but not what most of us would want to spend on a regular basis. The food was very good, but I would grade it a touch below Cafe des Amis or Au bon Coin.

I ate there before. I didn’t think the food ( I had steak) was that impressive.

i usually just go there for a few cocktails. Lovely view

30 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

We decided to give the Horizon a try, just for the sunset view. It's located on the rooftop of the Hilton next to Central Festival. 

This link lists all of the Hilton restaurants go to about the 4th one down.

http://www3.hilton.com/en/hotels/thailand/hilton-pattaya-BKKHPHI/dining/index.html

I'll give away the ending right away. This is not a cheap eats place, but it's pretty cool for the view. If you make a reservation, you can get a decent table. You can also go for drinks only, and that is not cheap either. Still I enjoyed that we did this one time, but I will not be a frequent visitor.

A couple of pics of the place.

Horizon-A.thumb.JPG.e15ea7e487f0d23d5da804790f6eeb90.JPG

Horizon-B.thumb.JPG.d7708708568a5f24320856f817b9ca3d.JPG

The menu - like I said not cheap.

Horizon-C.thumb.JPG.7bf1cb2a267d5762d517fd4f53e0d8b3.JPG

Horizon-D.thumb.JPG.97ca35dd925a65a482b20d37c59a5228.JPG

Horizon-E.thumb.JPG.db9d2f3edcf3250ed035f34525c3fd97.JPG

Entrees - Filet Mignon and Rack of Lamb

Horizon-G.thumb.JPG.efd1d2d73af96469b028be09252d7123.JPG

Horizon-F.thumb.JPG.48c07ab5e5604f0b89a0a2b7f2e9af8f.JPG

And to all a good night

Horizon-H.thumb.JPG.1f0104cfea028194f9ef531048392796.JPG

The wrap-up. Cost was about 4300. That included two fancy Happy Hour drinks and two glasses of wine with dinner. The Service Charge (Tip) was added directly to the check. Not my favorite thing. All in all, very nice especially the view, but not what most of us would want to spend on a regular basis. The food was very good, but I would grade it a touch below Cafe des Amis or Au bon Coin.

Thanks for the pics and review. Looks ok, but think I'll pass. Thanks again. 

I've eaten there before and had the rib eye. Was okay...I didn't particularly think it was amazing. However the view and service was excellent

Best bet at the Hilton is the weekday buffet, think it's about 560 baht but you can eat as much as you like... finishes sharp at 2pm

Is there a dress code there?  can you wear smart shorts? I can’t be doing with wearing trousers or jeans in the heat of Pattaya. 

4 minutes ago, Skent said:

Is there a dress code there?  can you wear smart shorts? I can’t be doing with wearing trousers or jeans in the heat of Pattaya. 

I don't think there is a dress code - I ate in all the restaurants there when I stayed last trip & would just wear sports shorts, t-shirt & flip flops & never had any issues.

2 hours ago, Shaggydog67 said:

I don't think there is a dress code - I ate in all the restaurants there when I stayed last trip & would just wear sports shorts, t-shirt & flip flops & never had any issues.

Definitely no dress code. Decent shorts and shirt are sufficient.

• 2 weeks later...

While technically there's no dress code, I had two friends who were meant to meet me at Horizon a couple years ago, and they were apparently turned away at the door. They were bogans through and through though, and when I caught up with them later that night they were wearing singlets and ripped jean-shorts etc. Not surprised they got turned away.

1 hour ago, bigmac9899 said:

If not going to the Hilton, which is your 2nd favorite rooftop bar?

Siam@Siam ...

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

6 hours ago, Nestea said:

they were wearing singlets and ripped jean-shorts etc. Not surprised they got turned away.

Many good hotels will refuse entry to people in singlets or ripped shorts, and rightly so I think. Proper shorts and shirts with sleeves (even t-shirts with short sleeves) are acceptable though. I only ever wear shorts and a t-shirt here and I've never been refused entry to anywhere here, though there are a couple of hotels in Bangkok that insist on trousers in the evening.

I like it up there but the few times I've been, it was quite hot. Oddly enough, despite being on the 34th floor, there wasn't any breeze, I might have been just unlucky

On 3/31/2018 at 10:25, 60minuteman said:

Best bet at the Hilton is the weekday buffet, think it's about 560 baht but you can eat as much as you like... finishes sharp at 2pm

on floor 15, It's 600 Baht now for one person at the lunch buffet and 1,000 at the dinner buffet.   

But if you join the Hilton Premium - CLUB   2-PEOPLE EAT AT 50% OFF!   

Experiences that only come from Hilton Premium Club

Upon presentation of your Hilton Premium Club Digital membership card, you will be entitled to the following dining benefits at all participating outlets at participating Hilton Worldwide hotels in Thailand:

• 25% discount on the total food bill when dining alone
  • 50% discount on the total food bill when dining with one guest (2 people)
  • 33% discount on the total food bill when dining with two guests (3 people)
  • 25% discount on the total food bill when dining with three guests (4 people)
  • 20% discount on the total food bill when dining with four to 19 guests (5 to 20 people)
  • 25% flat discount on food only when dining at Prime at Millennium Hilton Bangkok (min 2 people dining discount).

20% discount on the Flexible Rate for Direct Bookings at participating Hilton Worldwide hotels in Thailand 
Certificates for additional benefits on accommodation and dining
One complimentary night at any participating hotel in Bangkok or special rate at participating resort hotels
Spa and fitness center discounts
Offering you exceptional flexibility and variety, your Hilton Premium Club membership card is valid at 8 hotels throughout Thailand.

Please Click Here for detailed information.

Terms & Conditions

On 3/26/2018 at 01:59, westie1 said:

I ate there before. I didn’t think the food ( I had steak) was that impressive.

i usually just go there for a few cocktails. Lovely view

I also go for the cocktails and they are 2 for 1 during happy hour, good place to take a date for a few drinks

on floor 15, It's 600 Baht now for one person at the lunch buffet and 1,000 at the dinner buffet.   
But if you join the Hilton Premium - CLUB   2-PEOPLE EAT AT 50% OFF!   

Experiences that only come from Hilton Premium Club

Upon presentation of your Hilton Premium Club Digital membership card, you will be entitled to the following dining benefits at all participating outlets at participating Hilton Worldwide Hotels in Thailand:

• 25% discount on the total food bill when dining alone
  • 50% discount on the total food bill when dining with one guest (2 people)
  • 33% discount on the total food bill when dining with two guests (3 people)
  • 25% discount on the total food bill when dining with three guests (4 people)
  • 20% discount on the total food bill when dining with four to 19 guests (5 to 20 people)

I think it's important to mention that the Hilton card referred to costs 8,000 THB per year, so you would have to eat a whole lot of meals there to justify the cost of membership.

5 hours ago, vivid2 said:

I think it's important to mention that the Hilton card referred to costs 8,000 THB per year, so you would have to eat a whole lot of meals there to justify the cost of membership.

Yes and no. Two people eating lunch together would earn the cost of the card back after just 15 or so visits. Or many less if they went in the evening. And you also get some other "goodies" like a free night at some Hilton hotels in Thailand, and a couple of free meals (not including the best ones), and a birthday cake too if I remember correctly. So not a bad deal for anyone who can use the free night etc. and who regularly eats out in company.

For someone who generally eats alone it is not so good, and the general decline of the Edge at the Hilton here put me off getting one a couple of years ago when I considered it.

8 hours ago, vivid2 said:

Correction UNLIMITED 50% off at::      Each dinner at Edge Buffet Hilton is 1,000baht/person SO break even if you have eight, TWO person dinners  or Each breakfast/lunches at Edge Buffet Hilton is 600baht/person SO break even if you have 14 - TWO person breakfast/lunches  PLUS card gives you 100% free night at Hilton and more stuff free wine etc.   

AND

One (1) Certificate for Complimentary Set or Buffet Lunch for two persons (Valid everyday) food only. Valid at Café Two (excluding Sunday Brunch) at Conrad Bangkok, Azure at Conrad Koh Samui, Edge (excluding Sunday Brunch) at Hilton Pattaya, Flow (excluding Sunday Brunch) at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, Sails (excluding Sunday Brunch) at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, The Market at Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, Scalini at Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok (excluding Sunday Brunch) or Dee Lite at DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok (excluding Sunday Brunch). NON-TRANSFERABLE.

One (1) Certificate for Complimentary Set or Buffet Dinner for two persons (Valid everyday) food only. Valid at Café Two at Conrad Bangkok, Zest at Conrad Koh Samui,

One (1) Certificate for Complimentary Set or Buffet Dinner for two persons (Valid everyday) food only. Valid at Café Two at Conrad Bangkok, Zest at Conrad Koh Samui, Flare at Hilton Pattaya, Flow at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, Sails Restaurant at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, The Market at Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, Scalini at Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok(Sunday to Thursday only) or Dee Lite at DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok(Sunday to Thursday only). NON-TRANSFERABLE.

One (1) Certificate for Complimentary Afternoon Tea for two people. Valid at Diplomat at Conrad Bangkok, Aura Lounge at Conrad Koh Samui, Drift at Hilton Pattaya, Flow at Millennium Hilton Bangkok or Andaman Lounge at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa. NON-TRANSFERABLE.

One (1) Certificate for Complimentary Celebration Cake while dining or staying in a Hilton Worldwide hotel in Thailand (Standard 1.5 pound cake, Advance order required 24hrs) on your Birthday. For DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok, member will receive a tin of DoubleTree by Hilton Cookies. NON-TRANSFERABLE.

Two (2) Certificates of 50% discount for lunch or dinner (food only) when dining in a group 8 - 15 people, not applicable for special events, any other promotional or discounted. Valid at Café Two at Conrad Bangkok, Zest or Azure at Conrad Koh Samui, Edge at Hilton Pattaya, Flow or Yuan at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, Sails Restaurant at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, The Market at Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, Mondo or Scalini at Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok (Valid Monday to Thursday only) or Dee Lite at DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok (Valid Monday to Thursday only).TRANSFERABLE.

One (1) Certificate for Complimentary bottle of House Wine when dining in any restaurant. Valid at Hilton Worldwide hotels in Thailand. NON-TRANSFERABLE.

One (1) Certificate Buy one bottle of House Wine or House Spirits and get 50 % discount when dining in any restaurant. Valid at Hilton Worldwide hotels in Thailand. TRANSFERABLE.

One (1) certificate complimentary signature drink for 2 persons. Valid at Hilton Worldwide hotels in Thailand. NON-TRANSFERABLE.

, Flow at Millennium Hilton Bangkok, Sails Restaurant at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa, The Market at Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa, Scalini at Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok(Sunday to Thursday only) or Dee Lite at DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok(Sunday to Thursday only). NON-TRANSFERABLE.

AND

One (1) Voucher for one Complimentary Room (Deluxe Room) for 2 persons with ABF valid in a city hotel (Millennium Hilton Bangkok or Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok or DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok) or one (1) Complimentary Room (Deluxe Room) excluding ABF at Conrad Bangkok or one (1) night accommodation at THB 3,000 nett (Deluxe Room) with ABF valid in a resort hotel (Hilton Pattaya or Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa or Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa) or one (1) night accommodation at THB 11,250 nett (Deluxe Villa) with ABF at Conrad Koh Samui (Valid any day in the week) booking based on availability, excluding Public Holidays for resort hotels. Non-Transferable.

Four (4) Vouchers for one night in a Deluxe room “Beach Escape” for two (2) persons with ABF (valid Sunday to Thursday) at THB 11,500+++ (for a Deluxe Villa) at Conrad Koh Samui or THB 3,500++ at Hilton Pattaya or Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa or THB 3,500+++ at Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa. Fully Transferable.

Two (2) Vouchers for one night at 50% discount of Best Available Rate for any room type, Excluding Public Holidays for resort properties. Valid at Conrad Bangkok, Conrad Koh Samui, Hilton Pattaya, Millennium Hilton Bangkok, Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort & Spa or Hilton Hua Hin Resort & Spa.

Thanks for the review and pics.  Looks like a great place to take someone from the west aching for a western style feed and service.  And honestly the pricing looks about right for that setting and western food.  High.  Not an every day event for most of us.  

Some photos I've taken in the last few years from Horizon. The shot tower is a classic...food can be great or average, depending on when you go.

Cocktails are amazing value for money...happy hour is when I get the cheapest high quality cocktails of any 5 star hotel I've been to around the world.

I love the fact that I can smoke cigars bought from Cigarista...Horizon provide cigar ashtrays/holders, plus butane lighters. That with a martini...perfect!

20160516_184109.jpg

20160516_184942.jpg

20161105_175051.jpg

20170630_190040.jpg

20170630_190803.jpg

20170630_194145.jpg

20170702_183209.jpg

20170703_184512.jpg

20160514_172911.jpg

Thank you for the pictures, it looks really nice. Never was in it as expected to be pricy & a bit stiff but looks nice.

Will give it a try next time, the girls for sure like the view and atmosphere.

Archived