IGNORED

Microsoft Xbox One X

Garzan

Has anyone seen a real (vs copy) Microsoft Xbox One X for sale anywhere in Pattaya? I've seen Xbox 360's but I already have one of those. Thought I'd check Pattaya before asking someone to bring me one over from the US or England.

Try Lazada, delivered to your door COD for 20790 baht.

There are a couple of gaming shops in Tukcom, 4th floor I think. One of them has an XBox one set up with 3 big monitors. No idea on price, sorry. 

2 hours ago, chris2004 said:

Try Lazada, delivered to your door COD for 20790 baht.

That would be convenient. I did a Google search of the console in Thailand and Lazada didn't come up, but doing a search ~on~ Lazada I can see it. The cost is about $100 USD over the US/UK cost, but if I had to ship it, that could easily get eaten up. Of course if someone were to hand carry one, that shipping cost will go away. I'll have to give some thought on how quickly I want it.

Thanks! 

Are the games expensive in thailand? ebay in UK is great if you don't like paying £50 a pop. I like the shooter games but i'm still on the 360 so i'm no enthusiast.

I'm only a beginner at it myself. The two games I bought on disk at Tukcom failed to load, so it was essentially money into the bin. Fortunately, you can just buy games online, and the cost is the same no matter where in the world you are. The MS Store keeps track of what you buy, so if the disk gets full just delete what you don't play. If you decide to play a game again, just redownload it from the Store. Anymore, I have a decided lack of faith in any disk media purchased in Thailand, especially from someplace like Tukcom. :-) 

If you get one from the USA, make sure it's compatible with Thai electrical power.

"Anymore, I have a decided lack of faith in any disk media purchased in Thailand, especially from someplace like Tukcom."

I have bought 40+ games for my Xbox 360 from Tukcom over the years, copy games each costing 100-120 baht. On the rare occasion they didn't load or had a problem they have changed for me. As far as I could see you can't buy the "copy" games for the Xbox1 or the PS4? The genuine games they sell dont seem to be much cheaper than I have seen in oz., one of the main reasons I have never upgraded. In the Philippines my local store will download a game onto my XBox360 HD for 40 baht, so it is very cheap to build up a good library. 

11 hours ago, Crazy Gupta said:

If you get one from the USA, make sure it's compatible with Thai electrical power.

Unlike the Xbox 360 with region specific power bricks, the Xbox One is "world ready". The power supply is inside the box, and it's rated 110vac-240vac. No worries about it working wherever you buy it, and wherever you take it. :-)

I ~assumed~ my US Xbox360 was "world ready" and the power brick died an impressive death the first time I plugged it in in Thailand. Fortunately Tukcom had the correctly rated power brick available so it's all working fine now.

17 hours ago, Garzan said:

That would be convenient. I did a Google search of the console in Thailand and Lazada didn't come up, but doing a search ~on~ Lazada I can see it. The cost is about $100 USD over the US/UK cost, but if I had to ship it, that could easily get eaten up. Of course if someone were to hand carry one, that shipping cost will go away. I'll have to give some thought on how quickly I want it.

Thanks! 

Lazada almost always have discount offers using a code when ordering. I always get at least 5-7% off any item. So the Xbox might be @ 19,500. If you buy using a Mastercard on a Monday you will get 10% off = 18,711

On 3/23/2018 at 13:00, Garzan said:

Unlike the Xbox 360 with region specific power bricks, the Xbox One is "world ready". The power supply is inside the box, and it's rated 110vac-240vac. No worries about it working wherever you buy it, and wherever you take it. :-)

I ~assumed~ my US Xbox360 was "world ready" and the power brick died an impressive death the first time I plugged it in in Thailand. Fortunately Tukcom had the correctly rated power brick available so it's all working fine now.

Thanks, good to know.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/23/2018 at 10:50, chris2004 said:

Lazada almost always have discount offers using a code when ordering. I always get at least 5-7% off any item. So the Xbox might be @ 19,500. If you buy using a Mastercard on a Monday you will get 10% off = 18,711

Plus you will get the warranty if you purchase from Lazada.

JDM

if you are Looking to rent an apartment in a condo take a look at my website.

http://www.condopattaya-rent.com

On 3/23/2018 at 00:59, Garzan said:

I'm only a beginner at it myself. The two games I bought on disk at Tukcom failed to load, so it was essentially money into the bin. Fortunately, you can just buy games online, and the cost is the same no matter where in the world you are. The MS Store keeps track of what you buy, so if the disk gets full just delete what you don't play. If you decide to play a game again, just redownload it from the Store. Anymore, I have a decided lack of faith in any disk media purchased in Thailand, especially from someplace like Tukcom. :-) 

Gar - same same, I'm a beginner too. I bought a PS4 a few months ago at Tukcom in Udon. I bought 3 games (2 from the shop ans 1 from Lazada). Not really used it much, but the missus and boy are off to the village for 2 days of Songkhran, so I will give it another go.

2 hours ago, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Gar - same same, I'm a beginner too. I bought a PS4 a few months ago at Tukcom in Udon. I bought 3 games (2 from the shop ans 1 from Lazada). Not really used it much, but the missus and boy are off to the village for 2 days of Songkhran, so I will give it another go.

Actually, what I've been playing the most is Castle Siege, which is sort of like Clash of the Clans (except you can play it on your W10 desktop). https://www.castlesiegegame.com/games/castle-siege/

Build your castle to defend against your neighbors, and go off pillaging your neighbors to get more resources to upgrade your castle against your neighbors. :-) Even managed to find a small, fun, alliance--as opposed to serious, it's not just a game alliances. Our alliance name is "Asean". 555

Archived