Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Thai Airways BAN fat people!

william77

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like airlines to weigh people on the way in, and pay excess baggage if need be

21 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

I'd like airlines to weigh people on the way in, and pay excess baggage if need be

A walk of fat shame line with a cow scale! 

passengers with a girth wider than 56 inches (142.24 centimetres)

^^

What would that be in KG approximately for an average height person... I'm not exactly skinny, but I don't think I reach that...

So they should go to economy class instead?

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Badly reported (as usual) it refers to waist size 56" (the seat belt's maxima)

People get bigger / airlines shoehorn more seats into the planes,

you don't need the wisdom of Solomon to see the problem

20 minutes ago, regyai said:

you don't need the wisdom of Solomon to see the problem

Obesity?

Cannot wait for the MSN it pick this up and put some SJW type spin on it. It would be better to educate people that obese and overweight is unhealthy and will lower live expectancy despite what some fat feminist says.

Solomon Islands airline, where Pacific islanders are often enormous, weigh their passengers and they are surcharged above a certain weight.

Given fuel is about one third of the cost of a flight, and it costs more to fly a heavier plane, then this policy makes sense. As well as being fair to passengers of healthy weight.

21 hours ago, william77 said:

http://www.traveller.com.au/thai-airways-ban-fat-passengers-and-young-parents-from-business-class-seats-on-their-new-boeing-dreamliner-7879-h0xpsg

..if pompoi too mutt can not go business class, seat too lek, no good. Farang need go fitness. 

You heard it here first. 

"You heard it here first"... Certainly not. It was discussed last week on other forums :wink:

BTW, since this "old news" there was another one: the "fat power" (:rolleyes:) warned it was illegal

and "said such policy is demeaning toward human dignity"

See:

Legal Crusader Warns Thai Airways Over Seating ‘Obese’ Passengers :

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/transpo/2018/03/18/legal-crusader-warns-thai-airways-over-seating-obese-passengers/

very misleading title, read the article a few weeks ago.

The seatbelts are too short and if one can't close the pilot don't get permission for take off, it's not like they are targetting fatties. A few people would want that of course, unless they are smokers/tattooed/whatever they are anti.... I tell you, if they ban fatties, the gingers are next!

Well possibly not that they are too short, but somewhere along the approval process a myopic rubber-stamped the new safety kit without thought to the repercussions. Now Thai Airways have to suck it up and suffer the grief.

Anyhow > 56" waist should go as palletised freight surely

:Laugh1:

22 minutes ago, andy666 said:

The seatbelts are too short and if one can't close the pilot don't get permission for take off, it's not like they are targetting fatties. //

To be honest, "bell extenders"  (? I don't know the exact name) exist for as long as I can remember! They use it for serious obese people, but also to attach beds for babies by example. So at worse the problem could be not enough extenders... ??

Why dont you read the above...its to do with the new inbuilt airbag system and the consequent seatbelt size (and therefore the body contained by it) is limited by the system

To be honest, "bell extenders"  (? I don't know the exact name) exist for as long as I can remember! They use it for serious obese people, but also to attach beds for babies by example. So at worse the problem could be not enough extenders... ??

c0116d6ce717ff6108d530827c00a997.jpg

A pilot explained it on the news in exact the same way as I repeat it.

You are so eager to spread your wisdom that you miss the time to get wise, next time, read the article,

40 minutes ago, regyai said:

Why dont you read the above...its to do with the new inbuilt airbag system and the consequent seatbelt size (and therefore the body contained by it) is limited by the system

7 minutes ago, andy666 said:

A pilot explained it on the news in exact the same way as I repeat it.
You are so eager to spread your wisdom that you miss the time to get wise, next time, read the article,

"Cannot accommodate obese passengers", yes, same as many seats in Eco class, but where did you see that belt extenders can't be use on these new seats with airbag the same way they are used on Eco seats ?? The only change seems to be that one side of the lap belt is a bid thicker, because of the airbag, but the open/close system is still the same.

Yes, cannot stand when a overly fatt fuckk extends his/her flabby five arms over the arm rest and into my personal space touching me with their heaving hairy arms expanding and contracting with every breath as an extension of the obese belly pressing against ones aforementioned appendages.

Buy two tickets ya selfish prik or body harness your fat into your own paid for space!

Sorry if your one of those "meal challenged" offenders...  Probably a medical condition. Pom khor toad. Rant over

I feel like we should charge overweight customers on planes more - they cost more money to the airline so why are healthy people subsidizing their ticket every time they get on the plane. And don't get me started when their flab starts to encroach on your space.

It is fine if you want to be fat, but don't pass the costs (public healthcare, airplanes, etc.) onto others.

First time I flew to Thailand I was 2 kg over the weight limit. Heathrow wanted to charge me £35 per kilo. I just chucked some clothes out and a couple of books.

If 2kg is chargeable then how come the enormous guy who weighed approximately 50kg more than me didn't have to pay?

I just hoped I wasn't sat next to him..

On the plane he was 3 rows away and I was still sat next to him!

Fat bastards are no different to the greedy gits who bring on more luggage than they should and take up my area before I get there.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

Archived