IGNORED

Hotels filling up April May?

f308gt

Staying in 3 new guesthouses / hotels for my 4 weeks April 20 to may 16 as my usual places are full or partially full. 

Which isn't normally the case this time of year. 

Is just coincidence or are we in for a busy low season? 

Cluck-cluck, gibber-gibber, my old man's a mushroom, etc.

Absolutely never a bad time for me,:D

I was just psyching myself up for being extra handsome in low season, but may have to settle for passably handsome. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed the accommodation filling up too.  I was planning on booking accommodation when I get there in May but I am starting to think I need to book it in advance to be sure of getting somewhere decent!

Yep it’s much busier than I have seen it for hotel bookings. I’m over from11th April to 3rd of May. Leaving Pattaya to avoid Songkran,however trying to get into my normal choices has been difficult seems they are much fuller than last year.

lets hope for all the girls trying to make a living along side the businesses it turns out to be a super busy April and May!

image.png.6eb5df3c4b99a4189996c2a21d8f14af.png

1 hour ago, Curioustravellersw said:

I have noticed the accommodation filling up too.  I was planning on booking accommodation when I get there in May but I am starting to think I need to book it in advance to be sure of getting somewhere decent!

I think maybe you should, I couldn't get the dates I wanted in April Suites the Blue Sky or Walking Street guesthouse front room by leaving it go to late. 

Walking Street guest house, is that full because they have the air con over the bed, most hotels don't which is a shame.

Me no daft, me no silly, me wear condom on my Willy.

2 hours ago, f308gt said:

I think maybe you should, I couldn't get the dates I wanted in April Suites the Blue sky or Walking Street guesthouse front room by leaving it go to late. 

I think I read somewhere that Bluesky was closing for renovations starting in May.

Agreed....I'm getting a sudden surge in room bookings especially for Song Kran from my website, Agoda and in particular booking.com...May and June are filling slowly but surely.

Alan.

for good accommodation at sensible prices located on Soi Chaiyapoon www.englishrosepattaya.com

"Tis better to be silent and thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt"  Abraham Lincoln.

Seems like prices are still pretty fair despite the higher than usual number of people. I don't mind crowds and being a little less comparitively handsome than usual as long as hotels are still cheap.

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 20:47, elmo12 said:

Maybe busy for Golden week end of April into May

I'm going to be there at the end of April... what is Golden week

Staying st VT6 from mid-April for 30 days.  Also would like to know what is Golden Week?  Thanks.

Golden Week is the name that Japanese give to a group of 3 or 4 Bank holidays that are grouped together to in effect give a week off. It is a very popular time for travel.

The Chinese also have  Golden Weeks which are much bigger bin scale and more likely to influence tourism in Thailand. The Chinese have two Golden Weeks the first around Chinese New Year and the second coinciding with the National day holiday on October 1st. 

Golden week is end of April beginning May. No one calls 春节 and 国庆节 Golden week, they are just week long holidays.

Countdown Clocks

44 minutes ago, rain_angelus said:

Golden week is end of April beginning May. No one calls 春节 and 国庆节 Golden week, they are just week long holidays.

And golden week at the beginning of may isn't a golden week anymore.  It was originally conceived to give the Chinese a chance to travel and go on holiday during that week.  So what happened?  Yup, insane crowds and premium prices in China.  People hated to travel during that week.  It's more like a golden long weekend now.

7 hours ago, wadman said:

And golden week at the beginning of may isn't a golden week anymore.  It was originally conceived to give the Chinese a chance to travel and go on holiday during that week.  So what happened?  Yup, insane crowds and premium prices in China.  People hated to travel during that week.  It's more like a golden long weekend now.

Golden Week in the beginning of May is Japanese not Chinese. Both the National Week and Spring Festival (Chinese New Years) are technically seven days.

Ok, so legally speaking you get only 3 days off for either holiday but the government arranged the 3 days along with chopping up some weekends so that you end up with 7 continuous days off. Generally they will make the previous and proceeding Saturday or Sunday a work day and drag those days off into the vacation.

How they do it depends on the day on which day the actual holiday falls, the 1st October for National Week and the First Day on the Lunar Calendar for Spring Festival.

Hope this helps.

Countdown Clocks

As to travel prices and tourist numbers, both of these holidays suffer from this problem with prices being double or triple what they normally are. I have paid $2000 for a 5 hour flight to Thailand before over Spring Festival.

Countdown Clocks

I’m looking at the 3rd week in May, lots of availability at very competitive rates. No issues at all, spoiled for choice.

Just booked for mid-May and have never seen better rates for Sea Me. Booked the deluxe room at about 1500 Baht a night.

My fav hotels are filling up, but had no problems getting a room on Soi 6 for Songkran.

Bawdy by name, Bawdy by nature.

Archived