IGNORED

Extended stay advice 2-6months - Jomtien

harrycd

Hey Lads, 

I'm looking to stay for an extended period 2-6 months in the Jomtien area does anyone have advice for condos or apartments that are <= 13000.
Dates would be from end of November -> Feb or later
Mongering isn't the aim so looking for somewhere safe and clean that has a cleaning service. 

I had a look on https://www.hipflat.co.th but the site seems to be priced for 12 month rentals, is this site reliable? 
http://dancewatchers.com seems to be above my budget, I can adjusted if needed but would prefer somewhere cheaper for now as it leaves more dosh for other activities lol 

I could also stay in the Pattaya area but I'd be travelling south most days so avoiding that ridiculous traffic would be preferred.

You’ll have plenty of options for that budget, certainly for a studio.

You didn’t mention transport? If you plan on using the baht bus then somewhere like VT2 would be a decent option, maybe even VT5 would be within budget.

Yes, Dancewatchers are a little expensive but the cleaning option is easy with them. Otherwise, you’ll need to arrange it yourself - most condo buildings have shops on the ground floor that offer cleaning. Maybe 350 baht a time?

I suggest you don’t commit long term until you’ve tried a building first. Maybe book for a month with an option to extend?

BM Jai Dee Mak has a couple of nice condos in VT2B. I ‘think’ he can arrange cleaning at extra cost if required. Website: http://www.condopattaya-rent.com/

Another BM rents a few units. Website: http://www.viewtalaycondos.com/rates.htm

Maybe he’d come down in price for long term in VT1 - though studios are smaller. You’d have to arrange you’re own cleaning.

Otherwise, you could book a month through Dancewatchers then look around for a long term option.

You might get something in Jomtien Complex Condo on your budget. Larger studios. There’s an agent on the left downstairs who rents lots of units. They can also arrange cleaning for 500 baht a time. They’re generally older condos so you’d need to check them out first.

As you’re staying over high season then there may be less choice in some of these places as they get repeat business booked a year in advance. You’ll still have plenty of other options though. 

If you have your own transport there are lots of options further down Jomtien and off second road. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Thanks for that, I'll check out the sites.
I'll be renting a motorbike for the duration of my stay so transport is not an issue, but I felt that staying near the beach would be worth the extra $$. 

Depends how much drinking you plan on doing. There are regular police checkpoints between Pattaya & Jomtien so you don’t want to be riding back drunk! 

Once you are there you’ll find loads of options. Just walk into buildings and check noticeboards and small agents inside. 

If you want somewhere a bit quieter then go a bit further down Beach Rd. VT8 is pretty empty and somewhere like Baan Suan Lalana will give you much more for your money - though you need transport.

Older buildings like Jomtien Thip also within budget. So many options really!

If VT2B suits you then Jai Dee Mak will look after you. No worries dealing with him.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Archived