IGNORED

View Talay 6 (VT6) Room 21-793 Review

miamibadboy

Up until this most recent trip, I had always stuck with the traditional hotel scene in Pattaya bouncing among Soi-8 mostly because I like the location however this time I decided to try the condo experience.

Glad I did. Anyways, for this trip, I chose View Talay 6 (VT6), booked through Dancewatchers (http://www.dancewatchers.com/VT6_Pattaya_Nightly_Condo_Rentals_Menu_page_1.html). Booking was pretty simple, just go to the website and you can browse the rooms which include pics and any recent updates to the room. If interested, you click on the little calendar and can see availability. From there its pretty straight forward, enter your info, dates requested, etc. Pricing various a lot based off the season and how many days your are staying so what I paid this trip may not be what you pay on your trip.

The next day I received an email with verification of my booking to include the dates I selected, the room, and a Paypal booking deposit invoice. After I paid the invoice, I received and additional email with a word document that basically provided details on my reservation. Two weeks prior to my trip, I emailed Tik to reconfirm my check in dates.

On the day of check-in I was greeted by someone who worked with Tik and was led to my room. He went around the room with me and showed me how to use everything like the ac, tv, internet, microwave, and stove. Then he asked me when I would like cleaning (for an additional 1-time payment of 3,500 baut you can get room cleaning 7-days a week). I chose 1pm, handed over the remaining payment for the room and then the man handed me the keys and that was the last I saw of him. I've read reviews from other rooms where the cleaning crew showed up late a few times but I didnt have that issue. I usually venture out around 1230 for lunch and back at room by 2pm for a quick nap and each time the room was always clean with fresh towels provided.

Overall I love the room. I can only speak to the actual room I booked which was 21-793. There are quite a few rooms to choose and various size. Nothing really swayed me to pick this particular room other than the fact at the time of booking, it was available. The room had everything a normal hotel room has and then some. I love the fact it had a nice size fridge which included freezer. There is also the microwave and stove top which is great for times when I wanted to make something in the room. Another big thing I noticed was the shower pressure was great. I have grown accustomed to having weak shower pressure or showers that took forever to get a good temp depending on what hotel you stay at but not an issue here.

Wifi was great as well. Average download speed was in the ballpark of around 17.9Mbps.

TV had a large number of channels of various nationalities, and lots of movie channels as well. One thing that I thought was really nice is that the main TV had a USB connection so I was able to plug in my thumb drive and watch movies straight from the drive. A lot of tvs have this ability but sometimes the internal decoder in the tv can’t play certain types of videos so this was an added perk to the room.

The temperature in the room was always perfect regardless of the temp outside. Another added bonus was that the room balcony faces towards Walking Street (have a direct view of the Pattaya City sign, Walking Street light show, and fireworks). This helped in not having to deal with the direct sunlight roasting the room.

Besides this room, there are massage shops (I like 4 last time I counted), 2 small convenience stores (which sell snacks, drinks, alcohol), a few laundry drop off spots, and ATM all at the base floor of the building. That is also where you access the pool which was a nice size and never really crowded much during my stay so far.

The location of VT6 is also great depending on what your into. I like the fact I am short baut bus away from bother Walking Street and Soi 6. Also Central Mall is the building right next door so its great from hitting up the big grocery store to stock up. Soi 8 is also right around the corner which has quite a few bars in the event you didn’t want to venture out far.

I’ve included a few pics of the room so that you can get a good idea of what it looks like without the traditional website photo shopped clean up. It’s a really nice room and would definitely recommend to anyone. I’m pretty much done with hotels since finding this place.

IMG_1760.JPG

IMG_1779.JPG

IMG_1781.JPG

IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG

IMG_1788.JPG

IMG_1789.JPG

IMG_1790.JPG

IMG_1791.JPG

IMG_1792.JPG

IMG_1794.JPG

IMG_1795.JPG

Thanks for the info. I have booked with Dancewatchers three times, each time a different room, and I have never been disappointed. I may give this room a try this year.

Is there a washer in the room?

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

No washer but it doesn’t really bother me because there’s a number of drop laundry spots on the base floor. I normally drop off in the morning and pick up next morning. They probably have same day with extra charge but since it’s literally right downstairs, I just drop off what I have dirty every 3 or so days so it works well.

I just looked the pics only; so 2 small remarks:

- Sad that they put the mirror so high at the head of the bed. You cannot enjoy it (and the reflection) when you make some "bed activity"

- Evacuation of heat from a fridge in Asia is made by its flanks. Imbedding so tightly the fridge with no possibility for air to circulate is a very bad idea/design

- Good idea the monitor for laptop

@Recce I paid cash at arrival. No option to pay remaining balance via PayPal. When you make your reservation, they email you a word document that states to pay cash and provides your balance.

@Oukiva Yeah that top mirror able the bed is useless when your on the bed but the side mirrors on the closet make up for it. However to compensate for the hight of the mirror above the bed, you could always have the girl stand  on the bed and lean over with hands on the headboard. That should give a perfect view. I may have to try that during this trip and report back on effectiveness.

Nice review. I enjoyed my stay at VT6. It's got a great, convenient location and some great views (if you get a higher floor on the Walking Street side). As long as you don't need the services of a full service hotel it's a great choice.

Did you pay your balance in cash or was there a PayPal option ?

When setting up your reservation with Tik ask her if you can pay the remaining balance via PayPal. They have let me do it that way every time. No cash exchanged upon arrival. Everything is taken care of when I get there.

She does ask you to make the second PayPal transaction about 10-14 days before you arrive so that the transaction has time to process. I believe it may be a little more expensive due to PayPal fees on each transaction but I want to use all of my cash in Pattaya for other fun things.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Nice desk. It's surprising how many condo rentals skip that feature.

I suffer from PTSD, Post Thailand Stress Disorder =P

Great room - I've stayed there last 3 years running. Although I agree - the mirror over bed head is a waste. 

If you arrive on a late flight (almost always from NZ), they'll leave the room ready to go and unlocked. Do the business the next day.

Archived