Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Buying gold in Pattaya

hioctane

Does anyone recommend a good place to buy gold in Pattaya? Good price and not trying to rip a farang off.

Unfortunately, despite having bought gold in Pattaya, I do not.  555

They all post a price on the window, but I can't figure out for the life of me how it works (a 1 baht bracelet never costs their posted price for 1 baht of gold).

They also tack on a nasty fee for using credit cards, so best to pay in cash.

The price posted outside is usually for Gold bars. There is usually a relatively modest additional charge for the craftsmanship involved in making the jewelry although it is  much lower than in the west.

Thong Suk gold  in Pattaya is often used by Thai people that i know in Frang land although when i tried to sell some gold a year or so back they offered me well below the market buying price. If you know a Thai that you can trust it might be worth taking them with you

I don't think they'll try to rip you off as there is too much competition.  If you walk Pattayaklang from 2nd Rd east you'll see numerous gold shops.  The current prices are posted in the windows for 1 baht of gold.  Then like any other business in the world add in all the operating costs of the business plus a profit. Pay in cash or there will be a credit card fee of I believe 3%, not worth using the card to get air miles.

In case you're not aware you can buy gold jewelry in smaller amounts than 1 baht as they break in down into satang. i.e. 25, 50, and etc.

Another term you'll here if perusing sub baht weights is "salung" which is a quarter baht or 25 satang

Archived