Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Park Lane jomtien - anyone stayed?

60minuteman

Was looking at a Park Lane condo in Jomtien, does anyone have an experience of this complex and area?

I haven’t considered staying there due to location. Really, you need your own transport. 

There’s a reason why a lot of the condos further down Jomtien, off second road, are generally asking for lower rents. 

A lot of them are pretty isolated if walking back at night so transport or paying mototaxis etc is pretty much essential. 

If you don’t mind walking it’s possible to walk down to beach road for a baht bus but a pain to have to do it all the time, especially at night.

Really, anything down further than about Soi 9 is not very convenient - unless you don’t want to go into Pattaya or visit many bars. 

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

1 hour ago, davidge said:

I haven’t considered staying there due to location. Really, you need your own transport. 

There’s a reason why a lot of the condos further down Jomtien, off second road, are generally asking for lower rents. 

A lot of them are pretty isolated if walking back at night so transport or paying mototaxis etc is pretty much essential. 

If you don’t mind walking it’s possible to walk down to beach road for a baht bus but a pain to have to do it all the time, especially at night.

Really, anything down further than about Soi 9 is not very convenient - unless you don’t want to go into Pattaya or visit many bars. 

I'm in town setting up a business and looking for a more permanent place to stay, so have my own transport. Main reason for picking the area is as you say much cheaper rents. One month condo stays including bills seem to have risen by a lot, pretty hard to find anything under 15k

24 minutes ago, 60minuteman said:

I'm in town setting up a business and looking for a more permanent place to stay, so have my own transport. Main reason for picking the area is as you say much cheaper rents. One month condo stays including bills seem to have risen by a lot, pretty hard to find anything under 15k

Rents for long term stays have fallen and are still falling. You can get 10k easily, even less in both Jomtien & Pratumnak. Laguna, behind Rhompo, goes for 7k a month or even less. Rent won’t include electricity & water on long term deals as a rule. As long as you check the cost per unit for electricity isn’t going to be miles above government rate then probably add 2500-5000 a month depending how much aircon you use.

Many, many empty studios with owners very keen to rent. 1-beds are a little more difficult to find but I found lots of large 1-bed available for 13-18k a month when I looked for a friend.

Not so easy finding short term as lots of agents don’t bother with them. 

1 minute ago, davidge said:

Rents for long term stays have fallen and are still falling. You can get 10k easily, even less. Laguna, behind Rhompo, goes for 7k a month or even less. Rent won’t include electricity & water on long term deals as a rule. As long as you check the cost per unit for electricity isn’t going to be miles above government rate then probably add 2500-5000 a month depending how much aircon you use.

Many, many empty studios with owners very keen to rent. 1-beds are a little more difficult to find but I found lots of large 1-bed available for 13-18k a month when I looked for a friend.

Not so easy finding short term as lots of agents don’t bother with them. 

Have found a 1 bed at park lane, 36sq/m, 12k for 1 month all in... feels like a pretty good deal. It is on offer for 8k for a 6mth contract.

2 minutes ago, 60minuteman said:

Have found a 1 bed at park lane, 36sq/m, 12k for 1 month all in... feels like a pretty good deal. It is on offer for 8k for a 6mth contract.

That’s about right for a small unit at the moment. The 1-beds I referred to were all 70+sqm.

A month will give you a chance to have a better look around, maybe. Somewhere like Baan Suan Lalana is likely to give you a larger condo for the same sort of money. VT1 about the same price, VT2 maybe a little more. Quite a few on Pratumnak probably a little more for a similar size.

(Talking about the 6-month contract prices).

I’d struggle to find an inclusive deal for a month for less than 12k. Can probably get a 32sqm studio in VT1 for about that.

6 minutes ago, davidge said:

That’s about right for a small unit at the moment. The 1-beds I referred to were all 70+sqm.

A month will give you a chance to have a better look around, maybe. Somewhere like Baan Suan Lalana is likely to give you a larger condo for the same sort of money. VT1 about the same price, VT2 maybe a little more. Quite a few on Pratumnak probably a little more for a similar size.

(Talking about the 6-month contract prices).

I’d struggle to find an inclusive deal for a month for less than 12k. Can probably get a 32sqm studio in VT1 for about that.

What surprises me is the sheer number and size of condo complexes going up in Jomtien, the new Maldives nearly finished is over 1000 units. I'm sure they're not all going to be let on long term contracts and I doubt they appeal to people for full time living. Unless the idea is to buy them and let them as hotel rooms I'm a bit confused by the market, you would think there was more choices for 1 month lets.

10 minutes ago, 60minuteman said:

What surprises me is the sheer number and size of condo complexes going up in Jomtien, the new Maldives nearly finished is over 1000 units. I'm sure they're not all going to be let on long term contracts and I doubt they appeal to people for full time living. Unless the idea is to buy them and let them as hotel rooms I'm a bit confused by the market, you would think there was more choices for 1 month lets.

These modern, small condos are a very bad investment. I guess the developer can get more money this way, but lots remain unsold. There are developments that have been finished a while now with a number of empty condos.

The small studios in Jomtien Beach Condo, built for the Russian market, are on resale now for 750000 or less - and owners still can’t sell. 

Most of the big agents won’t bother with short term lets. Also, strictly speaking, lets under a month are illegal in most condo buildings. You need to look for smaller agents inside buildings to get a choice of options. Do walk-ins in various buildings and look for the agents on the ground floor. A lot of buildings will have a few.

no need to use any agents on a market like pattaya , just more problems and why pay for someone provinding absolutely nothing really is a mystery to me .

Feeling old ? Never mind , maybe youre older than you ever been before , but youre also younger than you will ever be again .......

If you’re looking for short term rentals and you’re not in Thailand there’s basically no choice. A bit different if you live there and can spend time wandering around looking for a long term rental.

Similarly, many owners don’t live in Thailand so can’t show prospective tenants around or deal with day to day issues.

Pretty obvious really.

2 hours ago, 60minuteman said:

What surprises me is the sheer number and size of condo complexes going up in Jomtien, the new Maldives nearly finished is over 1000 units. I'm sure they're not all going to be let on long term contracts and I doubt they appeal to people for full time living. Unless the idea is to buy them and let them as hotel rooms I'm a bit confused by the market,

Dont worry. The Chinese will buy them all and rent them out to all their countrymen on zero-Baht tours.

Which is fine as long as they all stay far away from my building.

If you want a reasonably priced condo for a shorter period in Jomtien, i can recommend my friend Jason who rents out a few in VT1. He is an independent and relies on repeat customers and word of mouth. I think you can choose all inclusive or not (if you rent a month or longer). 

http://www.viewtalaycondos.com/currentreservations.htm

4 minutes ago, Marauder said:

If you want a reasonably priced condo for a shorter period in Jomtien, i can recommend my friend Jason who rents out a few in VT1. He is an independent and relies on repeat customers and word of mouth. I think you can choose all inclusive or not (if you rent a month or longer). 

http://www.viewtalaycondos.com/currentreservations.htm

Agree Jason is good to deal with. It’s 14k a month for a studio in VT1 though.

Can't say that 14k is expensive, but it's more than I want to pay.

Even if you have your own transport i wouldn't want to stay somewhere like this. Unless you are teetotal we all like a drink at night and the Police are hot around there checking at night. No worth the trouble IMO. You can get somewhere like VT1/2 for 10k a month which is on a baht bus route and has a massive car park. 

I live in the next development to Park Lane (Paradise Park)  If I had to sum it up Park Lane is good for price, its fairly modern, nice pool and bar. On the minus, if you dont have transport the the baht bus is a 400mtr walk. If you need or go to Pattaya every day the drive will eventually wear you down.  Yes it is good value for a condo, I have been paying 12,000 for two and a half years. The money saved can be spent on other things.  Lower floors and car park views are even cheaper.  If you drink and drive, forget it, police have regular road checks on the Pattaya/Jomtiem road after midnight. After 2+ years and depending on your budget I think a good sized room in central pattaya is a better 1st choice. Certainly if you intend taking a lady home sometimes.   Enjoy

On 09/03/2018 at 07:16, Itsgat said:

I live in the next development to Park Lane (Paradise Park)  If I had to sum it up Park Lane is good for price, its fairly modern, nice pool and bar. On the minus, if you dont have transport the the baht bus is a 400mtr walk. If you need or go to Pattaya every day the drive will eventually wear you down.  Yes it is good value for a condo, I have been paying 12,000 for two and a half years. The money saved can be spent on other things.  Lower floors and car park views are even cheaper.  If you drink and drive, forget it, police have regular road checks on the Pattaya/Jomtiem road after midnight. After 2+ years and depending on your budget I think a good sized room in central pattaya is a better 1st choice. Certainly if you intend taking a lady home sometimes.   Enjoy

Staying with the gf, never drink and drive anymore, most nights will be a few beers at Rompho or walk on the beach. Will use our bike in the day and motorbike taxis/baht busses if were drinking. Based on what you are paying and what I usually pay 12k for just 1 month seems like a good deal.

On 09/03/2018 at 06:53, chris2004 said:

Even if you have your own transport i wouldn't want to stay somewhere like this. Unless you are teetotal we all like a drink at night and the Police are hot around there checking at night. No worth the trouble IMO. You can get somewhere like VT1/2 for 10k a month which is on a baht bus route and has a massive car park. 

Stayed in vt2 a few times and I am a big fan of the view talay condos, never seen anything for 10k for just a month stay. By the time you add in bills it's usually closer to 20k.

12000 for 36 sq meters at that location is too much you would have been better off going for 8k as the electric will be no more than 2000 per month in such a small unit.  

19 hours ago, gimmesum said:

12000 for 36 sq meters at that location is too much you would have been better off going for 8k as the electric will be no more than 2000 per month in such a small unit.  

the 8k quoted is for 6 months, I'm just renting 1 month.

2 minutes ago, 60minuteman said:

the 8k quoted is for 6 months, I'm just renting 1 month.

haha didn't see that... yes 12k is okay price for one month not lease...

• 3 weeks later...

I've stayed in the Amazone condos next door and I love the area. Ok as others have said you do need transport of your own but if you are there long term you are going to get that. You can get food and drink from the local market, there is a 7-11 and Tesco express handy, massage and laundrys handy, everything you need. 

This is why the VT2 condos are so popular as good location on the edge of Jomtien, big rooms (compared to the small box rooms in the newer condos) and easy to get to/ from pattaya on the bahtbus route.

The elec/ water rates are more or less at the govt rates.

With low season after Songkran there will be plenty of empty units to choose from and not just in the VT2 condos. 

You cannot escape the spell or the lure of the Thai darkside Kyrano!!! Posted Image

A quote by Oscar Wilde " A cynic recognises the cost of everything, and the value of nothing"

Archived