Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | Buy a drink for Soi 6 Girls | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News |Pattaya Investigations | Rage Fight Academy | Buy/Sell Businesses | Isaan Lawyers | Siam Business Brokers | Belts Of Mongering - Mongering Authority | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Ko Samui - First Time Advice

puthsardarade

Hi,

I will be arriving in Koh Samui in a couple of weeks for the first time.

Keen on meeting girls on an evening, occasionally during the day.

Activities such as High Park Samui, Tornado Water Extreme, Stand Up Paddling, Muay Thai.

I plan to book an apartment near Chaweng beach and walking distance to Mango appears to be the ideal spot from what I've read.

Any advice on the following:

1) Transfer from the airport to apartment which is really close to Mango on Cheweng Beach - flight arrives around 4pm?

2) Where is the best exchange shop locally for money exchange?

3) Good massages locally (no extras required - for that I would hope to pick up a girl)?

4) Best place locally to hire a motorbike and possible attractions to visit?

5) Best place to go locally to learn Muay Thai as a beginner?

5) Likely areas where I can pick up a non-bar girl and use as a tour guide for a reasonable LT fee of course?

6) Any other tips/suggestions?

I understand that's quite lot, so any responses on any of the above will be helpful and I'll also try and do my own research as well.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I want to visit too Kho Samui after visited Pattaya Bangkok and Phuket in several times before.

So I also wonder the answers related this thread, 

Cheers

You can look here for transport from the airport to your condo. 

https://www.samuiairportonline.com/transportation/

In the past I’ve used both private car and shared mini van. 

Private car is 500 baht, and you grab one at the airport counter once you’ve collected your bags and walked out a little. It’s direct from the airport to your room. 

Shared mini van is 130 baht and again can be booked once you arrive. As it’s a shared service you may need to wait a little until it’s full, the van will then drop off each person at their hotel so you get a little tour before you reach your destination. 

In Chaweng there are tons of exchange booths along beach road, it’s been about 3 years since I’ve been there but from memory none were particularly better than the others, some are literally right next door to each other so just make note of rates when you’re out and about. 

There’s a lot of legit massage shops on beach road as Samui does see a high number of non mongering tourists. They are pretty noticeable as the ladies are wearing uniforms. I can’t remeber exact names sorry. For non legit massage shops, there’s a bunch on the road between the Lake Rd roundabout and Beach Road.

Never hired a bike as Samui roads can be mad, I hire a small Jeep pick up because it’s safer, but it’s not cheap. If you’ve not ridden a bike before Samui can be a pretty treacherous place to learn. If you’re an experienced rider then be very aware of your surroundings and good luck. There’s a lot of bike hire places on beach road as well, more on the northern and southern ends. Never leave your passport as security.

Big Buddha and the Temple atop the hill at Chaweng are a couple of popular tourist attractions. There’s also a couple of waterfalls past Lamai that are ok, be prepared for a bit of walking. Bang Por beach is a favourite of mine, quiet and relaxing with a couple of nice cheap sand in your feet type restaurants.

By non Bar girl do you mean Freelancer? If so there’s Henry Africa’s, Solo Club and a few other places near / in Soi Green Mango to find non Bar girls, though they not know much about the island, it will be hit and miss. 

For Muay Thai and non mongering activities I’d be researching through the Samui Trip Advisor forum, lots a info there. 

I was in Samui a couple of weeks before Xmas....fantastic hotel at Maenam....after that all was downhill.....vastly overrated IMHO :ThumbDown1:

• Like 1

I regularly visit samui and stay in chaweng. To get to your condo, you can get a mini bus in the airport for 150 baht. Or a private taxi.

Shop around for best exchange rates, plenty of exchange booths in chaweng.

I only use massage shops with specials but you’ll find some genuine Thai massage places in Chaweng. Chaweng is basically one long road that runs parallel to the beach, a nice walk along the road and you’ll find massage parlors.

plenty of places to hire motorbikes, can’t recommend a particular one. An endless amount of tourist things to do in samui. Big bhudda, ang thong marine park, crocodile shows , monkey shows, just get a brochure. 

Ive often watched Thai boxing in chaweng stadium and there’s another one but I can’t spell the name. You’ll see it advertised everywhere, go to one of the stadiums and ask.

For bar girls, I’d recommend soi reggae over soi green mango. However if your looking to meet a Thai girl freelancer to act as a guide for you, there are some big nightclubs on soi green mango, I think sound club is the biggest and you’d find plenty of Thai girls in there, looking to meet western men.

A tip from me, make sure you try out the seafood barbecue restaurants, a bit more expensive than other restaurants but well worth it. I’d also recommend doing the ang thong kayaking and snorkeling tour. This is a great day out.

there are some big nightclubs on soi green mango, I think sound club is the biggest and you’d find plenty of Thai girls in there, looking to meet western men.

is soundclub open again??? What are current closing times in green Mango? It was rather strict not long ago. All bars and even green mango cmub closing at around 1-2 a.m.

3 hours ago, oschkosch said:

is soundclub open again??? What are current closing times in green Mango? It was rather strict not long ago. All bars and even green mango cmub closing at around 1-2 a.m.

I didn’t realize sound club had closed actually. I’m not a fan of nightclubs, i was in there just twice over the years. But as far as I’ve always been aware, it was the place to go to for young Thais and farangs.I was in chaweng in august, I spent more time on soi reggae than green mango. Closing times for both were 2am. 

I can highly recommend a trip to Ki-Mo-No Japanese Nuru massage, great service....loved my time there. I only went once as I didn't find it until the end of my holiday. They offer a prostate massage if that's your thing. Its a little pricey but IMO worth it. Its the first left after the big-c if your travelling away from fishermans village (which is worth a visit).

https://www.facebook.com/Kimono-Japanese-Massage-1413009202265196/

Edited by mattwashere

• 1 year later...

Thought it best to use an existing thread...

I have some friends flying in to Koh Samui direct from Singapore.

Are there money exchange booths at the airport on arrival?   I expect that will be a better rate than he can get in Aus.

Probably only needs to change enough to get him through the first day then it sounds like Chaweng is the go.

Any advice welcome and appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/12/2019 at 22:17, keepitfun said:

Are there money exchange booths at the airport on arrival?   I expect that will be a better rate than he can get in Aus.

Probably only needs to change enough to get him through the first day then it sounds like Chaweng is the go.

Several

On 24/12/2019 at 09:17, keepitfun said:

As mentioned above there’s a few there and it’s such a small airport they are very easy to find after picking up his bags. 

After that they just need to decide how to get to the hotel, either a shared mini bus or private taxi, booking desk right near money changers. Regular taxis aren’t allowed into the airport. 

https://www.samuiairportonline.com/transportation/

Money changers are pretty much everywhere on beach road in Chaweng, throughout Lamai, Bophut, Nathon, and the main road that runs around the island so if they are staying in Chaweng and they aren’t arriving late they really only need enough to get to the hotel

• 1 year later...

The Transfer from Airport to Chaweng beach is prety easy, you can go buy mini bus or taxi.

You can also ask ur hotel for pick you up.

I stay Samui few years ago and at chaweng beach there a many places to exchange ur money.

If you want train Muay Thai i can recomment you Super Pro Samui, ist a very nice place for Beginner with nice and friendly stuff. 

If you want pick up a non bar girl you have use tinder or badoo its a easy way for meet some girl. 

Enjoy ur trip :)