IGNORED

BKK - Good, but cheap(ish) hotel

SureShot

Hey guys.

Helping a buddy out that just decided to book 7 weeks in Thailand.
He's never been, but wants to stay in BKK for 5 days before heading to Patt's.

I don't know BKK all that well, so looking for some good priced nice places near Nana\Cowboy\Central World.
Doesn't have to be super fancy, but nice enough.  Any suggestions would be appreciated, as he's looking to book now..ish, since he's leaving Thurs.
He's looking for anywhere up to $50,-$60 but the lower the better.

thanks!

http://www.grandpresident.com/ in Sukhumvit Soi 11.

The cheaper rooms in Tower 3 may just suit the budget.  They are fine, just not as good as Tower One and Two.

See map for good location.

i saw many bad reviews of grandpresident, but no personal experience. 

i was happy with citadine suites on soi16 (they have branches on soi 11, 16 or 23). often available between $40-60 / night.

but yes, look on Agoda for the rates for his specific dates, that's the easiest way (or if you want a specific hotel, check trivago or a similar meta search engine).

my other recommendations: stay close to a skytrain station (asok is perfect because you also have MRT there) and don't pick a hotel too far into a side soi, it's often hard to find mototaxi (or normal taxi) there and the walking can be annoying (especially if it's very hot). 

TFMI.WTF : The home of the Thaifriendly Master Index – your invaluable guide if you use Thaifriendly in Pattaya.

Admiral suites on soi 22.  Good location for massage and local beer bars and a short stroll to cowboy and a little further to Nana.

Take a look at the President park hotel at the top of sukhumvit soi 24. It comes in within your price range

The judge has spoken and passed judgement

Petals Inn soi 4 is a good value cheaper place. I stay there when in Bkk.

Try the Ibis on Sukhumvit Soi 4, stayed there a couple of times over the years.

14 hours ago, jay_613 said:

Hey guys.

Helping a buddy out that just decided to book 7 weeks in Thailand.
He's never been, but wants to stay in BKK for 5 days before heading to Patt's.

I don't know BKK all that well, so looking for some good priced nice places near Nana\Cowboy\Central World.
Doesn't have to be super fancy, but nice enough.  Any suggestions would be appreciated, as he's looking to book now..ish, since he's leaving Thurs.
He's looking for anywhere up to $50,-$60 but the lower the better.

thanks!

Studio Sukhamvit soi 11 1000baht a night.

Its across road from Insanity night club. Family Mart and 7/11 with in 1 min walk.

40 baht to Nana with Tuk Tuk.

60 baht to soi Cowboy.

New hotel very nice. Highly recommend it.

Awesome, Thanks guys,

I'll send all the suggestions to my buddy and check them all out. much appreciated!

I always stay at On8 ... on Sukhumvit near Soi 8 and next to the nana bts  It may be on the high end of price range but safe, clean and nice enough

On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 00:21, iLoveit said:

Majestic Suites. Location can't be  beat!

One of the best Cheaper hotels and great location..

On 2018-03-06 at 17:21, iLoveit said:

Majestic Suites. Location can't be  beat!

I stayed there 3 weeks ago and I can recommend it too. Small room, but good layout and a small but ok breakfast. Location leaves nothing to be desired. I will go back some day.

SM grande residence on soi 4. It falls into your price range, has great rooms and an ideal location for your friend.

I enjoy staying at Dynasty Grande on Soi 6. Excellent location, but might be right on the upper edge of his budget. Great for Nana Plaza; convenient to Lolitas, Kasalong, and Nana BTS.

Petals Inn on Soi 4 is an excellent choice.  Usually around 1000 Baht. I stayed there with my brother last December because it was a good price for him. They are particular about the 'under 20' rule, so watch that if your looking for 18-19 year old gogo dancers. 

I used Asia hotel at my last trip. It is situated at Ratchathewi BTS station and i do not think you can get any closer to a skytrain since the hotel have a direct entrance to the station.

• 3 weeks later...

I usually stay at the SM Grande Residences on Soi 4 when in BKK,

A pretty good 3 star place, pool, guest friendly - can confirm no charge for 2 joiners - and the Deluxe rooms can be had for around 1300 Baht or less via Agoda.

• 1 year later...

The advice about the Majestic is solid.  Its a good deal. 

I am not ashamed admit I often stay at the White Orchid Inn II.  The girl at the desk knew ,my name the last time. Its 700 or 800 Baht and has wifi and air.  Its a 150 feet off S 4 and within easy stumbling distance of Nana Plaza.  Its about an 8 minute walk to Nana BTS.

Majestic suites is literally seconds away from nana, as a guest you can also use the gym and pool of the majestic Grand.

9 hours ago, LetsDonkeyKong said:

Majestic suites is literally seconds away from nana, as a guest you can also use the gym and pool of the majestic Grand.

Currently you can use the gym and pool, bear in mind that Hilton Group are the new owners of MG and things may change.

• 2 weeks later...

I know this is an old thread. My favourite hotel in bkk is Atlas hotel soi 7 and a half. In the middle of soi cowboy and nana and 100 m to bts. But get the superiour room. Round about EUR 31,00 best location in sukhumvit but do not expect too much  ;-)

http://www.atlasbangkok.com/

First post done ,-)

Will be there in round about two weeks again for two days or so....

Archived