IGNORED

Looking for a Breakfast Place Recommendation in Jomtien

I am  a fussy guy. Please bear with me.

I am not a big breakfast eater, but occasionally get a hankering for a couple of eggs, toast (English Muffin preferably), and a good cup of coffee. I see lots of places with big breakfasts and loaded buffets, but have no interest in them. The Continental has a menu that would cover this lighter stuff, but every meal seems to be an adventure with regard to how the eggs end up being cooked and frankly the coffee pretty much sucks.

Any ideas?

Not tried it, but Rich Man Poor Man on Soi 9 may be an option.

I’ve not settled on any one breakfast place in Jomtien - despite trying many.

I tend to go to Continental for fruit/muesli/yoghurt but, as I’ve said before, dire coffee. 

I’ve not had a decent coffee in Jomtien- other than in my condo as I take my own machine!

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

So remember to “Enjoy every sandwich”

Try Hemingway's just inside the main car entrance of the Jomtien Complex on Thappraya going down to the beach. Good, consistent Western quality at reasonable prices in spacious, pleasant surroundings. I like the breakfast omelet with everything in it and cottage fried potatoes on the side.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

It’s only fairly recently that Hemingway’s has started opening for breakfast - used to be 11am. Pretty sure there’s nothing like muffins/eggs benedict/brioche on the menu?

Agree it’s a reasonable choice for western food. A bit hit & miss but a good pint.

13 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

I am  a fussy guy. Please bear with me.

I am not a big breakfast eater, but occasionally get a hankering for a couple of eggs, toast (English Muffin preferably), and a good cup of coffee. I see lots of places with big breakfasts and loaded buffets, but have no interest in them. The Continental has a menu that would cover this lighter stuff, but every meal seems to be an adventure with regard to how the eggs end up being cooked and frankly the coffee pretty much sucks.

Any ideas?

As a fellow yankI'm pretty sure Richman Poorman will do you well. Jomtien beach rd soi 9

8 hours ago, davidge said:

It’s only fairly recently that Hemingway’s has started opening for breakfast - used to be 11am. Pretty sure there’s nothing like muffins/eggs benedict/brioche on the menu?

Agree it’s a reasonable choice for western food. A bit hit & miss but a good pint.

Their website still says 11:00 a.m. so that could very well be the case. I've only ate their omelets in late afternoon/early evening. They do bring a Western type of service and product to the area. IMO

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

1 hour ago, jimboh said:

Back Fabric on second road, Jomtiem, best egg benedict in town.

Better than Laong's?

6 hours ago, likeaking said:

Their website still says 11:00 a.m. so that could very well be the case. I've only ate their omelets in late afternoon/early evening. They do bring a Western type of service and product to the area. IMO

I’m pretty sure they now open at 9.30am. 

Don’t think it’s the type of breakfast the OP is looking for though.

2 hours ago, jimboh said:

Back Fabric on second road, Jomtiem, best egg benedict in town.

Agreed. Back Fabric is THE breakfast place in Jomtien.

Very popular. He expanded last year and still, sometimes there is no seating. 

Bake /n Brew in Pattaya is probably number 2 on my breakfast list.

As a self confessed coffee snob, I have yet to find a decent cup in Jomtien. Closest I feel comfortable recommending is Sky Garden at Cosy Beach. Their coffee is good and they have some very nice light breakfast options. Diagonally opposite, Twins used to be a favourite breakfast haunt of mine. Their coffee is quite good, but last time I went, nearly a year ago, I didn't think the food was as good as in the past. I suspect the competition from Chocolate factory has affected their business and they may have started cutting a few corners.

14 hours ago, latestarter said:

As a self confessed coffee snob, I have yet to find a decent cup in Jomtien. Closest I feel comfortable recommending is Sky Garden at Cosy Beach. Their coffee is good and they have some very nice light breakfast options. Diagonally opposite, Twins used to be a favourite breakfast haunt of mine. Their coffee is quite good, but last time I went, nearly a year ago, I didn't think the food was as good as in the past. I suspect the competition from Chocolate factory has affected their business and they may have started cutting a few corners.

Agree about Twins at Cozy Beach. It's been a while since I was there but they served yummy Lavazza coffee, food is mediocre.

Twins used to have a great sea view too until the crass development bulldozed the lovely green park area. Sad.

Porky's (Italian proprietor) in the Rhompo Market area, Jomtien has superb coffee but unfortunately not open for breakfast.

Stefan's on Soi 4 in Jomtien has a dozen different breakfasts by nationality. Most are in the 100 - 120 baht price range. Good food and good service. 

The wife and I were very happy for 20 years, then we met.

On ‎3‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 15:54, Kreggerz said:

Better than Laong's?

Had breakfast in Laong's about a year ago, lovely, except for a classic fail- 7/11 bread, so not been back. Cant believe someone can put so much effort into making a place so nice, sourcing good produce and then serve 7/11 bread.

3 hours ago, jimboh said:

Had breakfast in Laong's about a year ago, lovely, except for a classic fail- 7/11 bread, so not been back. Cant believe someone can put so much effort into making a place so nice, sourcing good produce and then serve 7/11 bread.

That sounds bad but I was really asking about their eggs Benedict and how it compares to Bak Fabrik. Both places have that dish and they aren't far from each other. 

Although not in Jomtien, my favorite Eggs Benedict is prepared at the Coffee Club in the Royal Garden Mall. 

2920BAE9-B2FE-464B-86A9-C607293139CF.jpeg

That does look good and was my go to place for EB before Back Fabric opened. Missus loves the Thai food in Coffee Club but very little choice in BF.

How much for EB in Coffee club? I think its 195 in Back Fabric.

Totally off topic but Jomtiem is crying out for a shopping mall. There was rumor of the Mall opening opposite Frasiers. 

26 minutes ago, jimboh said:

That does look good and was my go to place for EB before Back Fabric opened. Missus loves the Thai food in Coffee Club but very little choice in BF.

How much for EB in Coffee club? I think its 195 in Back Fabric.

I recall the Egg Bene with cappuccino at Coffee Club cost around 450.  

Back Fabric is very good too but the hollandaise is a bit weak. Recently the receipe seemed to have changed...a bit thin & not so lemony. Still acceptable though.

I gotta go try the version at Laongs soon to compare.  

Sorry about the slow follow up, but I have been up in Isan the last few days. I will try and do a quick report about that, but most will not find it very interesting. More of a "my family vacation" foto shoot, but a little interesting in that regard.

Sounds like Back Fabric and Laong's are my best bets for what I am looking for. Both also have the added attraction of being nice short early morning motor bike practice runs, so that my machine and I can continue to become one.

Archived