IGNORED

Siam @ Siam

17hrs2freedom

1. Who stayed here?

2. What did you think of the rooms + infinity pools?

3. Is it far away from everything? (Soi 2)

4. Does it sell out in low season (May/June/July)?

Stayed there 4 times.  Great pools on the top two levels with a fantastic view in all directions. Rooms have a tiny balcony. Inside there is a strange arrangement next to the wash basin that we both stubbed our toes on which I now cover with a towel.  Apart from that the rooms have a nice feel. Lots of Chinese stay here so the pools in the afternoon and breakfast can get crowded.  Breakfast is very good. Being on soi 2 we tended to walk along Beach Rd when going out and would catch the Baht bus back.  Over all a really nice place to stay.

Stayed once,pool is great but used it once in 9 nights,room is very basic imo for the price,worth it if u use the pool a lot

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

Along with the pool, the gym is first rate if that is important to you. The evening buffet is also reasonable with a good variety. Central Marina is across the street but you are a bit removed from the hotspots. There is a beer bar complex on soi 3 but never found anything of note there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, kabal2018 said:

Along with the pool, the gym is first rate if that is important to you. The evening buffet is also reasonable with a good variety. Central Marina is across the street but you are a bit removed from the hotspots. There is a beer bar complex on soi 3 but never found anything of note there.

Good news on the gym. I do prefer a nice one.

Think this place will sell out in May or June? I tend not to have an itinerary and just wing it between BKK and Patts. Wondering if I can do that.

Good news on the gym. I do prefer a nice one.
Think this place will sell out in May or June? I tend not to have an itinerary and just wing it between BKK and Patts. Wondering if I can do that.

Depends on Chinese tourists - many who stay here. Good news is that Chinese holidays in May and June consist of 2 3 day weekends - May Day and Dragon Boat so it should not be totally booked.

Just be aware that daily rates from Agoda, hotels.com, expedia, etc. get quite poor the closer you get to arrival.

If you book 30 days in advance I usally get around 2300 bht per night, but less than 14 days is around 5000.

Paste countdown timer here

9 hours ago, nachelitas said:

Just be aware that daily rates from Agoda, hotels.com, expedia, etc. get quite poor the closer you get to arrival.

If you book 30 days in advance I usally get around 2300 bht per night, but less than 14 days is around 5000.

How would you approach this?

I have a trip coming up to LOS. I want to start off in BKK, do some stuff for maybe 3 to 4 days and then when I want a different view, cab down to Patts. I prefer not to have any schedule- just wing it and go about it that way.

I'm looking at the basic room @ Siam @ Siam, which is about $80 to $90 a night. Does that same room go for $150?? (that's a hell of a jump). Would booking in the Agoda app in BKK, get a discount? Are they really that crazy far off if I just walk up to the lobby and try to get a room?

Just trying to be somewhat creative regarding traveling how I want. Realized not having a schedule and mandatory leave times is the most relaxing way to travel- just trying to keep it that way.

Im pretty sure the rates are really less (by 2k-3k per night) if you pay and book in advance via Agoda.

I like the location since its on the main baht bus route and you can move around easily. Closest to action is Soi 6 which is walkable distance (~500 meter). Its also right next to all the soapies if you fancy them.

An option could be to use their pay later option, where you could cancel upto 3 days in advance. Still a lot more expensive than if you book and pay in advance, around 120-140.

Just checked the rates for a day next week, 175 USD....
image.thumb.png.bd2d9c25528bcd21b1fac2770f486ff6.png

15 hours ago, nachelitas said:

An option could be to use their pay later option, where you could cancel upto 3 days in advance. Still a lot more expensive than if you book and pay in advance, around 120-140.

Just checked the rates for a day next week, 175 USD....
image.thumb.png.bd2d9c25528bcd21b1fac2770f486ff6.png

That's really good to know. i might just have to schedule it as I want to stay there and not pay thru the nose.

• 1 month later...
On 4/9/2018 at 07:58, william77 said:

Just booked - May 17th to May 24rd! Cant wait. 

Nice one mate...never stayed here, but have mates who rave about the place. Enjoy.

Just now, LOTTELLEE WINNA said:

Nice one mate...never stayed here, but have mates who rave about the place. Enjoy.

Thanks, I was once told there is a subterraneanial parking enterence elevator that is great for sneaking in TGs. The views are also pretty good. A cold beer at sunset. 

No need for sneakin..its joiner friendly

href="/monthly_10_2009/post-1-125681518559.png">post-1-125681518559.png

If you consider booking this hotel, try their home page first. They guarantee the lowest rate, and have a best rate guarantee which works well.

I also suggest that you check otel.com. I found a very sweet deal for Siam@Siam on otel.com; this may change over time but the rate was unbeatable.

Also consider going for rooms which include MyClub benefits. Free breakfast, afternoon drinks and canapes, private lounge, etc.

Tim

On 3/4/2018 at 16:29, nachelitas said:

If its for the same category of room that is a particularly wide spread on the rates. I looked at some date mid to late May. 2475 baht room only or 3260 including breakfast. Rooms were only 30sqm however which was  smaller than i would have expected for this hotel. Pretty good value at upto 2500 baht but i'm not sure that you would feel the same way if you were paying 5000

Inifinity pools are fantastic, the best in Pattaya, but the place is overcrowded with chinese/koreans so this might be a big bummer if you planning to have a nice relax evening by the sunset... the best time to visit both pools (I liked the one at the top level better) is around 4pm, not so many people at this hour and you can easily get the best spot to hang out until late evening...

2 hours ago, neilri2001 said:

If its for the same category of room that is a particularly wide spread on the rates. 

Same room, they just have a much higher discount if you book early. 

I stayed there and even posted a review already: 

Please keep in mind that everything I write is based on my own experiences, my personal preferences and my expectations. YMMV!

There's nothing wrong about being cheap ... but being cheap isn't being smart ... never was, never will be ... it's just cheap

On 4/8/2018 at 17:58, william77 said:

Just booked - May 17th to May 24rd! Cant wait. 

Make it the 25th, I'll buy you a beer.

I stayed here once for the simple reason that I had accumulated a lot of points on Expedia, and this is one of the few hotels in Pattaya that gives you double value for Expedia points. So if you have enough points to shave $25 off most hotels on Expedia, these guys will give you $50 off! So it's a great deal if you have spare Expedia points.

Otherwise, the room was nice, artsy modern decor with lots of dark blue paint and bright color murals and decorations. Breakfast and dinner buffets were good, better than most but not in the very top as far as quality and selection.

• 11 months later...

overpriced and very basic rooms.

the only thing great about this hotel is the pool and gym .

pool water was very cold in november so the pool is just for show.. but its the best show and view money can buy.

i dont thing i return to this hotel , to expensive and rooms very basic and it far by foot to Walking Street

• 2 months later...

just been for 2 nights. great hotel over croweded 

its a mistake to stay here , you can pay and enjoy the pool (600 baht) for drinks

so when i wanted to enjoy the hotel , just come and use his pool and have drinks...

Archived