IGNORED

Emirates

my_name_mark_u_like_me

i have booked a flight with emirates for june. i have never flown with them before but as i got them for a good price i decided too book. has anyone flown with emirates before and if so are they a good company to fly with?

emirates is the best, i usually fly from dubai to bkk and i have no complaints, they are somewhat expensive compared to thai air and other airlines, but for customer satisfaction they can't be beat.

emirates is the best, i usually fly from dubai to bkk and i have no complaints, they are somewhat expensive compared to thai air and other airlines, but for customer satisfaction they can't be beat.

live in northern ireland and flights from here to bkk are exspensive. i was getting quoted £700-£800 for july with airlines like china.ethiad etc. i got a link off this forum for asda.co.uk and got a flight with emirates for £610 im glad ive book with emirates now after hearing these comments cheers lads.

I find emirates to be overrated... The service is very unpredictable and their direct competitors in the region (Etihad and Qatar) offer a better service... for example you get two meals served from Europe to Doha on Qatar whereas Emirates will only have one food service...

large sig = small penis

I've also heard they are the best though i've never flown with them.

I think they have won best airline of the year many times now and i believe they actually run at a loss just to be the best.

I hear they get huge subsidies from their govt who are bleeding cash.

I've also heard they are the best though i've never flown with them.

I think they have won best airline of the year many times now and i believe they actually run at a loss just to be the best.

I hear they get huge subsidies from their govt who are bleeding cash.

I don't know where the rumour comes from that Emirates is the best and that they win awards... The best airlines in the world are Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific and they constantly win the awards to prove it... Qatar is another fine airline and they're rightfully a 5 star airline on Skytrax (which Emirates isn't)....

Another bad thing about Emirates is the crappy Dubai airport, I don't know wheter the situation improved with the recent opening of T3 but before that it was just disgusting to transfer via DXB.

large sig = small penis

Not quite sure why Emirates are so popular. Their 777-300ER economy cabins have 10 seats across, AFAIK all other airlines have a maximum of 9. Some aircraft have 400 economy seats as well as 40+ business class seats. Probably the highest seating density of any 777 operator and not a pleasant experience when the plane is full.

i have booked a flight with emirates for june. i have never flown with them before but as i got them for a good price i decided too book. has anyone flown with emirates before and if so are they a good company to fly with?

BEST AIRLINE IN THE WORLD !!!!

If you got a good price, then they are fine.

Nice and modern aircrafts with all the services you expect from international flights.

All my flights were on time and food/service were 10/10. I was even upgraded just cos the air stewardess had a wee chat with me and said why not come up to Business Class !! (Honestly, I couldnt believe it !).

All other economy seats have been fine.

Emirates can be a little pricey on general searches, but if you get them on a good deal time, you cant go wrong.

IMO better than all European/American airlines on service/punctuality and comfort and just as good as Cathay Pacific/Qatar & Singapore Airlines.

They have great inflight entertainment units in back of seat in front and food options are more than edible.

GLASGOW RANGERS FOOTBALL CLUB - NO OTHER TEAM COMES CLOSE!!!!!!!

Do you have any justification?

For 25 years I have flown all the Middle East Airlines as well as the US airlines and most inbetween, Emirates is by far the best, they don't keep plane's over 4 years old and all are updated with the latest equipment. Unlike Cathay Pacific, they have trouble in 1st Class pronouncing your last name....

Anyone got any views on what seats to pick in economy, sometimes i prebook sometimes i dont but looking on the seat plans aisle seats are all taken but some by the bulk head are shown as available. Do you get any more room or comfort infront of the bulkhead or any others to lookout for.

spider

Not quite sure why Emirates are so popular. Their 777-300ER economy cabins have 10 seats across, AFAIK all other airlines have a maximum of 9. Some aircraft have 400 economy seats as well as 40+ business class seats. Probably the highest seating density of any 777 operator and not a pleasant experience when the plane is full.

Agree... the 10 across configuartion in the 777s is a fooking nightmare! So far I've just flown economy on them but I've heard very bad things about their premium cabins as well... I try business class on them next trip though!

If I could choose I'd always take a direct flight instead of the hassle at Dubai... and veryone should not forget about the strict laws regarding prescription drugs in the UAE that can take you to jail just from transfering there....

large sig = small penis

I think people give their opinions based on the service they have had as individuals on airlines. I have travelled on Emirates many times and found their service and food to be very good. They have up to date aircraft and are very puntual. I have also been on Etihad who are also very good. Both these airlines have had awards(check on the net) but so have others. I have once travelled on Thai airways the service was good but very old plane. The worst airline i have travelled on is our national one British airways expensive crap!

Anyone got any views on what seats to pick in economy, sometimes i prebook sometimes i dont but looking on the seat plans aisle seats are all taken but some by the bulk head are shown as available. Do you get any more room or comfort infront of the bulkhead or any others to lookout for.

spider

http://www.seatguru.com/

MBL

Ship me somewheres east of Suez, where the best is like the worst,
Where there aren't no Ten Commandments an' a man can raise a thirst;
For the temple-bells are callin', an' it's there that I would be,
By the old Moulmein Pagoda, looking lazy at the sea;

Oh, East is East and West is West, and never the twain shall meet,