IGNORED

Fancy a change of hotel

Imlooking4fun

Hi guys. Normally stay at opeydeplace in soi lengkhee but l fancy a change for my next trip. Been looking at April Suites and eastiny place hotel. Both in soi 8 area. 

1. Must have room safe

2  Guest friendly

3  Hopefully good wifi

4. Nice pool 

So any recommendations of these hotels or any in same area. Cheers 

what about Areca Lodge,page 10 and many others on Agoda.. etc....these are not far from soi lengkee...a

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

I am looking to stay at Opey de Place duirng my next trip 9I stayed at LK Metropole hotel and Marcure hotel before).
Can you describe in few words about this
Opey de Place hotel?
I understand that it is offtopic for this thread but ... why did you stop with this hotel?
They are accepting cash only?

18 minutes ago, goldaddy said:

I am looking to stay at Opey de Place duirng my next trip 9I stayed at LK Metropole hotel and Marcure hotel before).
Opey de Place hotel?
I understand that it is offtopic for this thread but ... why did you stop with this hotel?

Hi. I stay at the opey as convient to soi Diana and my mates stay there.Has a nice pool does need a bit of upgrading but is sufficient for my needs . But this time I'm flying solo so fancy a change Yes they do accept cash as well as card payment 

Soi 8 can get a little noisy at night, be prepared with ear plugs at night or to stay out until 2 or 3 in the morning. 

Eastiny Plaza is a cheap choice. Flipper Lodge is much better, but a little more expensive. Wifi and pool at FL are both amazing. I would imagine every hotel in the Soi 7 / Soi 8 area is guest friendly. 

21 minutes ago, Imlooking4fun said:

Hi. I stay at the opey as convient to soi Diana and my mates stay there.Has a nice pool does need a bit of upgrading but is sufficient for my needs . But this time I'm flying solo so fancy a change Yes they do accept cash as well as card payment 

Thanks.
because I prefer to pay by card before travelling to keep the cash with me for the bars and so on (for the hotels by card, and for the bars/etc by cash).

This hotel looks very good from outside from the street, and it is close to LK Metro and de la Poste bar so I am really looking for this hotel for my next trip.

-----------------

As to the April hotel and the Eastiny so - no idea.

I know that the April hotel is having very good review on tripadvisor (very good reception, good sauna, etc).
Eastiny - a little bit less for good reviews there .

But I've never beed in those hotels sorry.

April Suites was ok and an upgrade on Opey De Place but it is not as convenient. Pool area smaller than ODP. And more expensive. My TGF liked the sauna but I never saw the point.

As much as I love all things Australian, I got to get me action of the asian persuasian.

4 hours ago, goldaddy said:

Opey de Place hotel?

After your previous two hotels you will be very disappointed with Opey very inferior!

On 25/02/2018 at 17:13, goldaddy said:

Can you describe in few words about this Opey de Place hotel?

Good location good swimming pool.

The hotel needs a serious refurbishment 

i last stayed there 7years it needed a refurbishment  then.

1 hour ago, Pheat said:

Good location good swimming pool.

The hotel needs a serious refurbishment 

i last stayed there 7years it needed a refurbishment  then.

I stayed in Mercure hotel two years ago, and the hotel had big swimming pool but no territory (the territory is just two metres around the pool).

I just hope that Opey de Place may be same with more space around the pool incl the bar area to sit and so on. Besides, this Opey is almost opposite the bar de la Poste and very near LK Metro gogos/beers area.

There are some thread about few other hotels similar to Opey which are located behind Opey but those hotels are not on booking.com ...

I lived in lk metropole too but it is the same problem - no territory:
you come out of the room via small reception area to the street (from the room to the street) directly to motobyke taxi and ladyboys behind them (you are coming to them from the room because of no territory of this hotel) ... and they are asking you: "what do you want?"
:)

The pool at Opey is situated within the hotel atrium just behind reception and a small restaurant/cafe. This part of the hotel is nice to sit and relax in, plenty of room round the pool for a number of loungers with still enough room to walk round the pool. The rooms could do with updating the showers aren't very powerful but ok. The aircon in the room I had was a bit hit and miss for efficiency.  But you definitely can't fault the location just about a minutes walk from LK Metro/ Soi Bukahua and Soi Diana. Overall not too bad, I'm trying a different hotel next time just a few minutes walk from here but wouldn't rule out going back again for the convenience.

Yes, I like the hotel with territory on the area (and that is why I selected this hotel for my next trip to Pattaya).

------------

The problem with this area is the following: there are no many hotels which are having the territory.
Why do we need a hotel territory? Because it is such as a private area (buffer) between the entertainment (the street) and the hotel room.

------------

Almost all the hotels/guesthouses there (LK Metro area) are having the restaurant/bar downstairs (on the groung floor), and those restaurants on almost all hotels/guesthouses in Metro are very clean places (means: no bar girls, no massage, etc). So, those hotels/guesthouses are very good as well, and those restaurants/bars can act as our private area. 

------------

But I like swim (because Pattaya is not about the gogos only sorry) ... so ... I selected Opey.

------------

I spoke with Opey by email (because I want to pay by Visa ... something related to their website etc), and they replied on the next day, so they are communicating - means: they care about the clients.
Thus, if they care about me so I will go to Opey.

As to the furniture outdated ... I do not cate so much ... because the having the room for $30 per day is very good deal if it comes together with the swimming pool and the private area to take a rest inside the hotel for example.

14 minutes ago, goldaddy said:

The problem with this area is the following: there are no many hotels which are having the territory.
Why do we need a hotel territory? Because it is such as a private area (buffer) between the entertainment (the street) and the hotel room.

Quite a few hotels in Pattaya have this 'buffer'. 

• 4 weeks later...

Been looking at city centre apartments just off 3rd road. Any reviews good/bad 

I also like to vary my hotels and will be staying at Opey de Place from Saturday. I will let you know how things go.

Here are some other places I have stayed at:

Areca Lodge - Recommend

Flipper House - Recommend

Queen Vic - Recommend

Sexy in the City - Recommend

Pinnacle hotel - Recommend but not for mongering as it is in the middle of nowhere

Siam@Siam - Recommend but a little more costly than it's worth

Centara Grand Mirage - Recommend but not for mongering

Blue Sky Pattaya - Not bad but not great

Sea Me Spring - Mildly Recommend

Page 10 - Mildly Recommend

LK Metropole - Mildly Recommend

Eastiny Seven - Do not Recommend, fuck this place and may they burn in hell fire.

Countdown Clocks

Blue Sky Pattaya - Not bad but not great

Sea Me Spring - Mildly Recommend

Page 10 - Mildly Recommend

Sorry to say but if the above hotels is only(mildly recommended) then you will find opey de place 'NOT RECOMMENDED'

It was a great hotel years back but not anymore.

Life is nice :GoldenSmile1:

Each of these are pegged against what you get for what you pay. Sea Me Spring and Page 10 are better hotels objectively than Flipper House but much more expensive. Sexy in the city is a guest house and I recommend it, as a guest house at it's price point.

Countdown Clocks

Agree with Jesper.....if your looking for a big pool ,,,Areca is the place try the Evergeen Tower.  Or Corona Bldg,   I just booked a room at D hotel small pool but you can always use other hotel pools just buy a beer or two.   Just stayed at Mecure in February thought the pool was it but old looking lots of families always around as of Opey de Place (not for me)  seems too old

Archived