IGNORED

airbnb pattaya

Kingkong21

has anyone book a room or apartment use airbnb in pattaya ?

can we take guess back to the room ?

Technically you're not allowed to book for less than a month however you will have no issues booking for lower, condos will have signs informing you that you're breaking the law.

These are NOT hotels, if you were to buy a condo you would be allowed to take back whoever you want, the same is the case for most AirBnB rentals. I myself had no issues, please do be respectful, no roman orgies, loud parties, ignorant/arrogant noisy bullshit because PEOPLE live there and they don't want their home/holiday home being turned into a Soi 6 guesthouse. All it takes is 1 person to report you and you will be out on your arse.

I had no issues personally, nobody asked questions but I went the extra mile to be respectful to staff and residences, every morning I would hand the security guy a cig and smoke one with him, always followed by a crisp as fuck salute, handshakes whenever he saw me. The security at the condo I stayed at did one time try to take a girls ID I took back but she was 'just' a friend and I was only going to my room to pick something up but it was not mandatory, they kind of stayed out of that sort of business.

To answer your question, yes.. You should have no issues taking guests back to your room however I cannot speak for every condo in Pattaya. Speaking from my experience, when staying in a condo on 2nd road.

A tip for you, the security deposit required SHOULD NOT be paid in cash, most will ask for cash but that is not how it works. All claims go through AirBNB, I got lucky and the person who I rented off was sound when I explained this to him, my friend was made to draw money out or was told he would have to do one.

• 2 weeks later...

I used them countless times before moving here.. I used them for the first month when I moved here, whilst I looked for a permanent place to live. I have NEVER had an issue, either renting short term or longer term.  The Condo owners, and hoteliers can bellow as much as they like, but nothing will change.

The condos I have rented, have always been as described in the advertisements, and the hosts have invariably been good to deal with. Never an issue with bring a guest or two home... it is afterall, for all intents and purposes, your place.

Another thing to remember, is that AirBnb, is like a community.  At the end of your stay, You will be asked to rate the property, and the host will be asked to rate you... bit like Uber.  Eventually, you build up a reputation, good or bad, for all to see. If bad, you may be declined a condo, or, if you have a good rep, you may be offered a discount or not be asked to pay a deposit, as has happened to me last couple of times.

Even when travelling around Thailand, I still use AirBnb... it is a good service.

• 2 weeks later...

the biggest problem if you have to cancel or change your reservation with airbnb ,you might not get a refund ,with airbnb you have to pay in advance

Just remember that you will be reviewed by your host and that will end up being a part of your public Airbnb profile. So keep that in mind...

• 1 month later...

Never rented a room through AirBnB, but might consider it in the future.

Looking at their monthly rental prices at first glance they look cheap,

but when I read the small prints I see some additional charges and taxes being added!?

How does cleaning the rooms and change sheets and towels work when you hire a condo/room from a private person ?

Do they have some maid arranged to come and clean your room, if so is this incuded in the 1 month rental price,

or do you have to change and clean the sheets yourself?

Is electric & water included or not in 1 month rentals?

Deposits how much?

Extra big cleaning at the end when you leave?

What other hidden charges are there that I might not be aware of?

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Never rented a room through AirBnB, but might consider it in the future.
Looking at their monthly rental prices at first glance they look cheap,
but when I read the small prints I see some additional charges and taxes being added!?
How does cleaning the rooms and change sheets and towels work when you hire a condo/room from a private person ?
Do they have some maid arranged to come and clean your room, if so is this incuded in the 1 month rental price,
or do you have to change and clean the sheets yourself?
Is electric & water included or not in 1 month rentals?
Deposits how much?
Extra big cleaning at the end when you leave?
What other hidden charges are there that I might not be aware of?
Plahgat

I have rented rooms through Airbnb. Last time I booked for 1 month at The Base. The room came with all cleaning supplies, laundry, etc. The price was inclusive of all utilities and cleaning fees. The owner had several other rooms in the building so I got his line id. This trip I contacted him and he had someone cancel on him last minute and offered me the same room for ~900B/night. At The Base they have a cleaning service which I believe is 450B each time you want it.

1 hour ago, bmarley71 said:

I have rented rooms through Airbnb. Last time I booked for 1 month at The Base. The room came with all cleaning supplies, laundry, etc. The price was inclusive of all utilities and cleaning fees. The owner had several other rooms in the building so I got his line id. This trip I contacted him and he had someone cancel on him last minute and offered me the same room for ~900B/night. At The Base they have a cleaning service which I believe is 450B each time you want it.

So... if I understood you correctly,

the guest must clean the room and wash the sheets and towels by himself?

... but they do have a cleaning service with a maid coming to your room that you can use for 450 baht each time if you want?

I suppose that fee includes a change of sheets as well?

I only ever stayed in hotels, guesthouses and serviced apartments so not sure how this AirBnB thing works! :rolleyes::P

The serviced apartment were I used to stay was 15500+ baht/month, but since my financial situation has worsened so

I'm now looking for some cheaper monthly rent at about 10000 baht or max 13000 baht/month with electric & water.

Problem is that nowadays most accomodation places in Pattaya don't put up monthly rates on their websites, and many are only bookable by Agoda that don't allow bookings for a month or more!:unsure:

Trying to find some website with up to date monthly rates of hotels, seems impossible!

The few websites I have found are usually old and with outdated info!:Hair_Out1:

Also 100s of reviews of Cheap Pattaya hotels on YouTube, but most of them don't even mention the price of the room, especially not the monthly rate, but only direkt you to book on Agoda!:rolleyes:

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

So... if I understood you correctly,
the guest must clean the room and wash the sheets and towels by himself?
... but they do have a cleaning service with a maid coming to your room that you can use for 450 baht each time if you want?
I suppose that fee includes a change of sheets as well?
I only ever stayed in hotels, guesthouses and serviced apartments so not sure how this AirBnB thing works! :rolleyes:[emoji14]
The serviced apartment were I used to stay was 15500+ baht/month, but since my financial situation has worsened so
I'm now looking for some cheaper monthly rent at about 10000 baht or max 13000 baht/month with electric & water.
Problem is that nowadays most accomodation places in Pattaya don't put up monthly rates on their websites, and many are only bookable by Agoda that don't allow bookings for a month or more!:unsure:
Trying to find some website with up to date monthly rates of hotels, seems impossible!
The few websites I have found are usually old and with outdated info!:Hair_Out1:
Also 100s of reviews of Cheap Pattaya hotels on YouTube, but most of them don't even mention the price of the room, especially not the monthly rate, but only direkt you to book on Agoda!:rolleyes:
Plahgat

Yes I must clean the room myself unless I want to pay 450B for someone to clean it for me. I request an extra set of sheets and towels from the owner and wash them whenever I’m just hanging around every few days. I had usually paid about 1500B per night on hotels. So this is about half the price. I honestly have never used the cleaning service there yet as it only takes me about 5 minutes a day to keep things cleaned. However, I may try it this trip to see what is actually included.

Archived