IGNORED

How far should you star to book your hotel /air plane?

Kingkong21

i plan to have a 2 weeks stay in summer 

should i book the hotel now or wait a little bit more to get a better price ?

Book whenever you can, then don't check again. Prices rise and fall, once you commit that's it. 

Echo dr.no; book and don't look back. at the best you may save a few buck, at the worst you may loose in hundreds

Got back from Pattaya 22nd December. Booked my next trip 3 weeks later for end of may flight prices are rising but i dont need to worry. hotel booked just taxi to sort out later. Plenty of time to research how to make my next trip better than the last without having to worry about flights ect.

If your dates are set, then you can start looking air tickets. When you find a good price (schedule) you like jump on it and  don't look back.. flying from the USA flight prices tend to go up for the summer.

I wouldn't worry about the hotel. summer is low season for Pattaya, so prices and selection should be OK.

Unless you know the hotel you're booking on Expedia as in location and whether it's guest friendly (GF).  I would book the hotel separately 

hotel separately and if you plan to book from any website; double check with hotel if you can get a better price

Always book flight/hotel seperate personally, Agoda for hotels, expedia or eva website for flights, but I always lean to eva direct for flights however booked. Agoda gets you avios additionally so a bonus to build up for a future flights.

1 hour ago, Red Rooster said:

Got back from Pattaya 22nd December. Booked my next trip 3 weeks later for end of may flight prices are rising but i dont need to worry. Hotel booked just taxi to sort out later. Plenty of time to research how to make my next trip better than the last without having to worry about flights ect.

Going back on May14th first booked my flights with Qatar £425, then booked my hotel D Apartment with Free Cancellation, then booked Premier inn Heathrow outbound and Inbound, and finerly booked the car park at Terminal 4 all done online and seperate. this all done and still 3 months to go. Yes prices going up and down but not worried whether it's cheaper or not just so glad that everything is booked.

I usuually book 6 month or more in advance. This works very well for the air fare, esecially if you are booking something other than economy. Noy necessarily for the hotel. I generally think I book the hotel too eary.

It depends on what hotel you want to book, as to when you book. Using Agoda there are some good deals to be had early. But then there are some hotels like Intimate hotel which drop a lot if you book within 2 months of your stay.

I think the old saying apply here " You pay your money, you take you chances"

Book when the price is right for you 

It depends on how badly you want to stay in a particular room in a particular hotel...

Book in advance for these reasons mostly... not for price...  The other reason to book in advance is for peace of mind...  Lastly, you should book in advance during very high season (xmas-NY usually)...

There is no "magic" number of days to book in advance anymore... The internet has destroyed that obsolete notion...

Prices will fall depending on room availability only...  and sometimes not even then (TIT)...

Often you will see "walk in" deals... or you can negotiate a deal at the desk... if not walk next door and try again...

• 7 months later...

i have been using google flights for searching.  it has a price matrix feature that shows prices for different departure and return dates.  graph feature shows prices vs trip length.  got asiana hnl-bkk for $650 with flights in august.  price track feature will notify you when there is a price change.

the flight i would book at least 2 months in advance to make sure you get a seat that you want.booking a hotel depends on the time of the year ,low season easy to book a month in advance at most hotels. hi season i would book as soon as you can ,good hotels are fully booked in the high season

Archived