IGNORED

Agoda- free cancellation or pay upfront.

Cosa1717

As the title suggests, do you tend to pay up front with no cancellation which can be quite a bit cheaper or do you pay more ( for free cancellation) just in case something comes up.  

1 minute ago, Cosa1717 said:

As the title suggests, do you tend to pay up front with no cancellation which can be quite a bit cheaper or do you pay more ( for free cancellation) just in case something comes up.  

Depends if my plans are fixed in stone or I am not sure what I may be up too

The trip I'm taking now I changed hotels 5 times. Each time was because they kept email me with new deals for better hotels and better rooms.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

My flights are booked  so i’m 95% sure but plans can change or emergencies can happen.  I lost 13000 baht on an emergency  the last time. 

When I book flights, I'm 99% committed unless something totally unexpected comes.

So I would be comfortable booking flights and hotels with a no cancellation policy. Also in some cases, travel insurance may cover cancellations.

I tend to use Booking.com over Agoda. They have a lot more Pay on Arrival options that I prefer to take. I've been stung a few times paying for a room up front and then not getting the cancellation in on time. Even if flights are booked and paid for, I still do pay on arrival, not least because sometimes the prices for the hotel drops, so cancel, rebook. Did that in Japan 4 times once, each time a day after booking an email tells me the price has dropped. 

Last November i booked with Agodo with Free Cancellation and Pay Later my very good friend got me a room at his place infact was a 2 bedroom apartment for only 9,500 baht which was half the price of the hotel room and so i cancelled my booking with Agodo with no problems at all. I think it's all to do with the hotel your staying in with regards to a cheaper price and no free cancellation. Again this coming May i have booked with Agodo with Free Cancellation and pay later and this time i do not intend to cancel my booking but at least it's there should an emergency arise.

always booked with 'pay later option' suits me fine -even now I have  changed hotels 2 times already -no charge

Better to pay for a fantasy than lose to an illusion 

trips to Angeles city 2015/2016    best sexual experience    best condoms

8th  trip 7th trip  6th trip 5th trip micro trip  3rd trip  2nd trip   

maiden trip

trip to lagos

Tend to pay up front and hope nothing goes wrong, so far it hasn`t and until that day comes i`ll probably keep on doing so!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 20:26, narcosis said:

The trip I'm taking now I changed hotels 5 times. Each time was because they kept email me with new deals for better hotels and better rooms.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

Yes you've booked but they still continue to send new hotels new deals . and your often tempted to cancel and book something else ...Agoda I now pass..

I've used the pay later option a few times, allows me to book a good hotel and then wait to see if a preferred more expensive comes down in price. Usually I end up in the pay later hotel. Its a good way to get into popular hotels (by booking early), e.g. Areca, but still look for that deal close to your holiday.

I've always used Agoda and every time i have paid up front. I like to know that when i am there, everything has been paid so all i have to "worry" about is my bin and the girls.

I always use booking.com , I prefer to pay when I check out of a hotel 

If it floats, flies or fucks It's probably cheaper to rent ...

Archived