IGNORED

Thai Air Cuts Fuel Surcharges By Nearly Half

Shuggy

I was having a look at the costs of flights on Thai and have noticed that the surcharges had dropped from over $500 Australian to just over $300 Australian for a Melbourne to Bangkok return.

I had a look on Thais website but all i could find was a news release in Thai with the words "fuel surcharge" in English :rolleyes:

I manger to find the below on the Reuters website which gives some details.

BANGKOK, Dec 19 (Reuters) - Thai Airways International THAI.BK has cut fuel surcharges on air tickets by nearly 50 percent after fuel prices eased, the airline said on Friday. The surcharge on international flights would range from $14.50 to $89.50 per ticket, down from $25-$175, the national carrier said in a statement.

For domestic flights, the company would collect a levy of 400 baht ($11.60) per ticket on most routes, down from 700 baht.

At 0503 GMT, shares in Thai Air fell 5.23 percent to 8.05 baht, while the main Thai index .SETI was down 0.05 percent.

The shares have fallen nearly 80 percent this year, hurt by surging fuel costs and falling passenger traffic. ($1=34.47 Baht) (Reporting by Arada Therdthammakun; Editing by Darren Schuettler)

Testicles

I would think that they have scraped the fuel surcharge all together and what is left is things like airport tax and security charges.

Pattaya Photos Free newbie guide to Pattaya How to get a TG a tourist visa for Australia Pattaya Weather

My moto for 2017: Don't argue with an idiot. Don't argue with.....

• 4 weeks later...

Just booked Thai Air from London for my May trip. Costs as follows: Adult 1 = £314.99, Taxes and fees = £185.60

Total £500.59

Not bad that, 'cos last year they quoted me £760.00, so used Eva (they were £658.00)

No mention of fuel charges on my e ticket.

Considering they were one of the most expensive with surcharges, they still stand high above most other carriers out of Australia.

I don't buy out the bar, I buy the nightspot.

Have booked this week Adelaide/Bangkok, carrier surcharge quoted A$363.80 and airport/government taxes A$122.87..Was expecting surcharge to be a bit less...