IGNORED

The corner lodge

rbproject

I’ll have two days in Patts before I head on for a short break elsewhere (to come back afterwards again of course). I’m thinking of booking at the corner lodge for two days. Normally I’d book a condo, but for these two days I decided to play cheap Harry. It only cost like 1200B for two nights and it doesn’t look so worn out as other places in this price range. Seems pretty new. Anyone first hand experience?

5 hours ago, striderman said:

it's a bit out of the way

Yeah I know, but it’s not too bad with a motorbike. It’s on the border for me for being too far. Was more asking about the quality of the hotel

I’m at the Corner Lodge now. The location is indeed the downside, as it sits all by itself in a desolate part of Soi Bongkot. I don’t think there’s even an open bar nearby to get a late night beer should you be so inclined. If you use a motorbike , no problem though.

Actually, once you know your way around a bit, you’ll find it’s a five minute brisk walk to the row of gentleman’s clubs at soi full love and five minutes the other way to telephone bar on Soi Batman . Ten minutes will get you to soi Lengkee or  chayapoon.

You’ll get a spacious, comfortable, stylish room with microwave and a big fridge. There is a balcony. No safe in the room, but safety boxes in the reception area. Squeaky clean hotel, elevator, small pool, gym, and restaurant. English-speaking staff. Beds perhaps a tad on the hard side for my taste but not extremely so. No joiner fee for one guest.

Outstanding value IF you’re not bothered by its location.

2 hours ago, tps said:

I’m at the Corner Lodge now. The location is indeed the downside, as it sits all by itself in a desolate part of Soi Bongkot. I don’t think there’s even an open bar nearby to get a late night beer should you be so inclined. If you use a motorbike , no problem though.

Actually, once you know your way around a bit, you’ll find it’s a five minute brisk walk to the row of gentleman’s clubs at soi full love and five minutes the other way to Telephone bar on Soi Batman . Ten minutes will get you to soi Lengkee or  chayapoon.

You’ll get a spacious, comfortable, stylish room with microwave and a big fridge. There is a balcony. No safe in the room, but safety boxes in the reception area. Squeaky clean hotel, elevator, small pool, gym, and restaurant. English-speaking staff. Beds perhaps a tad on the hard side for my taste but not extremely so. No joiner fee for one guest.

Outstanding value IF you’re not bothered by its location.

Thanks a lot. I know my way around in Patts and I’ve stayed for a bit at The Grass as well, which it seems pretty much in the same area. I personally don’t think it’s too far. Like I said, I am just looking for something cheap to stay for 2 days and will go for something more centralized after I return. Just wanted to know about the condition of the hotel since most of the cheaper ones I know are usually pretty old and worn out.

Thanks!

Archived