Jump to content

Support our Sponsors >> Thai Friendly | Pattaya News | Pattaya Unplugged | The Night Wish Group | Thailand 24/7 Forum | TPN Property | La La Land bar | NEW PA website | Subscribe to The Pattaya News | | Pattaya Investigations | ChicaCheck | Add your Text or Event here

IGNORED

Best Indian restaurant buffet in Pattaya


swordfisch

Recommended Posts

Any thoughts / opinions as to the best Indian restaurant buffet in Pattaya?

There's 2 I'm aware of

1. 3rd road, 200 metres south of South Pattaya Rd, not far from Tony's gym (bt 199)

2. 2nd road, 200 metres north of South Pattaya Rd (bt 199) 

Any others?

Do any offer nan bread instead of just rice?

Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

your a brave man to eat at any Buffet.

 

" If I knew I was gonna live so long,

I woulda taken better care of myself"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i know some good indian restaurant, but not indian buffet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/01/2018 at 23:27, swordfisch said:

Any thoughts / opinions as to the best Indian restaurant buffet in Pattaya?

All the Pattaya ones I've seen are crap and way overpriced. Get on a bus to Bangkok and go to the one in the Novotel Ploenchit. 249B and very high quality indeed. http://www.novotelbangkokploenchit.com/offers/indian-curry-lunch/

Otherwise you could try the one in the Beverly hotel if it still functions, though I would not bother:
https://goo.gl/maps/sbKzKtD54AK2

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 24/01/2018 at 23:36, Capt Hook said:

your a brave man to eat at any Buffet.

Some are excellent, some are awful.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i,ve never worked in a commercial kitchen , but i read lots about them..

read Anthony Bordain and other world chefs...they all warn and laugh about buffets

i would if it were at the Hilton or Sheraton or Big hotel that has some health rules and standards.

but not in some dumpy indian joint that just keeps adding to the pot.   yuck....puke at the thought.

" If I knew I was gonna live so long,

I woulda taken better care of myself"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/24/2018 at 22:06, Capt Hook said:

your a brave man to eat at any Buffet.

 

I agree. Despite being an Indian I've never dared to try Indian buffet in Pattaya and never will. Maybe OP should try getting a sneak peek to one of these kitchens and he'll be convinced.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think people are greatly exaggerating the health risks of eating at local Indian buffets but there really aren't any local ones serving much more than basic quality food. To me, that's the issue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Candy77 said:

Despite being an Indian I've never dared to try Indian buffet in Pattaya and never will.

I've tried them all and I've never suffered from it, apart from the disappointment. People worry too much and I see no reason to suspect that non-buffet kitchens are any cleaner or dirtier than buffet kitchens are. In fact in many ways a buffet is a safer bet as they wont keep particular menu items hanging around for days on the off-chance that someone may order them before they go rotten. Buffet items have much more rapid turnover.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I've tried them all and I've never suffered from it, apart from the disappointment. People worry too much and I see no reason to suspect that non-buffet kitchens are any cleaner or dirtier than buffet kitchens are. In fact in many ways a buffet is a safer bet as they wont keep particular menu items hanging around for days on the off-chance that someone may order them before they go rotten. Buffet items have much more rapid turnover.

As I said never been to an Indian buffet in Pattaya. But I've seen the kitchens at some of the Indian restaurants - not a very pleasant sight.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Candy77 said:

But I've seen the kitchens at some of the Indian restaurants - not a very pleasant sight.

Do you think that Thai kitchens are any better? If so, take a look next time you go near a market. Other nationalities are probably no better, unless you stay well out of the realms of the 200B meal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Indian people actually know how to cook safely in pretty bad conditions, or maybe my stomach is just an iron trap not sure


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Do you think that Thai kitchens are any better? If so, take a look next time you go near a market. Other nationalities are probably no better, unless you stay well out of the realms of the 200B meal.

Maybe true about other nationalities but I'm surprised when you say that about Thais. I think the Thais have an OCD with cleanliness. I was once at a Street Food stall and washing the guy wash the plates. He was scrubbing so hard and so long I couldn't resist joking - "you should only wash the plate, not wash off the plate". Not sure he got it but he did laugh. Anyways as long as your stomach doesn't revolt try anything you like. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.



  • COVID-19

    Any posts or topics which the moderation team deems to be rumours/speculatiom, conspiracy theory, scaremongering, deliberately misleading or has been posted to deliberately distort information will be removed - as will BMs repeatedly doing so. Existing rules also apply.

  • Advertise on Pattaya Addicts
  • Recently Browsing

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.