IGNORED

Terminal 21 Pattaya

vivid2

Someone asked about the progress of Terminal 21 yesterday, but I can't locate the post. He thought that the project should be almost finished by now, so I walked by there today, and it's a LONG way from being completed. They're just starting to install some of the glass, so obviously they haven’t started any of the interior work.

ba55bbb841ba30335b71df300c685010.jpgfc4607d9a79026d2fd4f1f86039d8f1e.jpgb5457646790b0a9746efa0864781596a.jpg71a6282610c41f526f6bc331fa6720a8.jpg4b61f57dcf4b66eb11ca9d8c5651312f.jpgcb17b737cb951abac2b58656b8bce5a0.jpg

I look forward to this hotel. The grande centrepoint 55 hotel in Bangkok was great! Above all, I want to see the power of Terminal 21 due to the new construction of this hotel. The hotel will be the landmark of Pattaya after Hilton hotel and Holiday Inn hotel.

But I hope the price is cheap.

29 minutes ago, nosunje said:

But I hope the price is cheap.

CentrePoint, as Hilton & Holiday Inn are not particularly known for being cheap.

Of course everything is relative, so is the word "cheap".

7 minutes ago, Lambik said:

CentrePoint, as Hilton & Holiday Inn are not particularly known for being cheap.

Of course everything is relative, so is the word "cheap".

Haha I hope this hotel does not exceed 4000 baht per night :D

I recall it's supposed to be open end of this year. Not the beginning. So still plenty of time to finish it by then. 

48 minutes ago, Kreggerz said:

I recall it's supposed to be open end of this year. Not the beginning. So still plenty of time to finish it by then. 

It was only 2 years ago that they were tearing down the old buildings, this project is progressing rapidly.

2 minutes ago, usexpat46 said:

It was only 2 years ago that they were tearing down the old buildings, this project is progressing rapidly.

Agreed. Don't know if it will really open this year at all as I haven't read any press updates recently. But it seems a good chance. I'm kind of skeptical that it will end up being as good as Bangkok's though. 

1 minute ago, Kreggerz said:

Agreed. Don't know if it will really open this year at all as I haven't read any press updates recently. But it seems a good chance. I'm kind of skeptical that it will end up being as good as Bangkok's though. 

I remember when Central Mall opened, they had only done the bottom floors of the Hilton.

I find the BKK Terminal 21 very sterile and souless, will this Pattaya one be any different? Imo these malls kill cities. If you've ever been to Korea, Seoul is full of them. They have all the character of an airport. Shops should be on the street, not in shiny malls. Whatever, the tourists seem to like them, and this is obviously targeted at the higher end (mainly) Asian tourists that stay in the hotels at that end of Patt. as socrates said.

I don't mean to sound snotty but Asian tourists are not very discerning are they? Give them a shiny American-style mall with lots of chains & branded goods, and throw in some disney or other kitsch cultural references, and they're happy. Even if looks like an airport. You wonder what they came on holiday for.

I like the Malls mostly because they are a cool retreat from the tropical heat outside! :rolleyes:

... and also because they have cheap Thai food in the FoodCourts!:P

... and also because they are a great spot for people watching, especially Thai Unigirls!:P

Plahgat

When no money... she no give honey! 

Archived