IGNORED

Where do I get a bus to Bangkok?

hiigara

5 minutes ago, hiigara said:

I am staying near Pattaya Klang.

Thanks

Main bus station Pattaya Nua

buses run to both main bus stations in Bkk but you probably want Ekkamai if you need central.

Approx every hour and from memory they stop around 9pm but that could be wrong.

Advertise on Pattaya Addicts. Send me a PM for more info'

Please consider a donation to the forum!

Pattaya Bus Station is in North Pattaya Road, at the east (Sukhumvit Road) end.

North Pattaya Road is parallel to Pattaya Klang, about one km away.

Frequent buses from the bus station to Ekkamai bus station in Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok; also to Suvarnabhumi airport. Other destinations too.

Actually if you living on klang, KK travel has minibuses pattaya to bkk.

See pics and map

Screenshot_20180124-131532.jpg

Screenshot_20180124-131508.jpg

34 minutes ago, hiigara said:

Thanks. I was told to avoid minibuses because of Thailand's highway accidents record.

Also incredibly uncomfortable unless you're a midget :)

I stay on Pattaya Klang and usually have two day trips to Bangkok during my monthly stays.  The bus's from North Pattaya Rd bus station are every half hour and finish at 11 pm. Price 108 Baht takes just over 2 hours. The last few miles from On Nut to Ekkamai take over half an hour as there's quite a bit of traffic day time. Bus's also go to Mo Chit bus station regular.

Other alternative is to take a white van from Sukhumvit Rd at the top of Klang where the gas station is. They are only 92 Baht but take ages over two and a half hours to reach Mo Chit bus station. These vans now have GPS on preventing them reaching 100 KMPH or an alarm goes off. I used to catch these vans all the time up to 25th October 2016. Then the Thai Junta decided to move all white vans from the convenient Victory Monument to the inconvenient Mo Chit bus station. They have gone from being every 15 minutes to 8 pm to every 45 minutes as the move to Mo Chit has proved to be very unpopular. Always sat up front in the white vans and never felt uncomfortable and never felt in danger. Ekkamai is far more convenient than Mo Chit to reach in Bangkok so now I take the bus.

Train is another option only one a day at 2.20 pm only 31 Baht but takes over 4 hours to reach Hualamphong in Bangkok

I stay on Pattaya Klang and usually have two day trips to Bangkok during my monthly stays.  The bus's from North Pattaya Rd bus station are every half hour and finish at 11 pm. Price 108 Baht takes just over 2 hours. The last few miles from On Nut to Ekkamai take over half an hour as there's quite a bit of traffic day time. Bus's also go to Mo Chit bus station regular.
Other alternative is to take a white van from Sukhumvit Rd at the top of Klang where the gas station is. They are only 92 Baht but take ages over two and a half hours to reach Mo Chit bus station. These vans now have GPS on preventing them reaching 100 KMPH or an alarm goes off. I used to catch these vans all the time up to 25th October 2016. Then the Thai Junta decided to move all white vans from the convenient Victory Monument to the inconvenient Mo Chit bus station. They have gone from being every 15 minutes to 8 pm to every 45 minutes as the move to Mo Chit has proved to be very unpopular. Always sat up front in the white vans and never felt uncomfortable and never felt in danger. Ekkamai is far more convenient than Mo Chit to reach in Bangkok so now I take the bus.
Train is another option only one a day at 2.20 pm only 31 Baht but takes over 4 hours to reach Hualamphong in Bangkok
Also, something to note is that the vans fill up quick. One time they told me the next available van was 3 hours away! Meanwhile, the buses are big and I have never waited more than half an hour for the next bus.

Another alternative is either of the bus services to Suvarnabhumi then take the rail link into town

Archived