IGNORED

Unwell after your flight?

Saddic

The Surprising Thing Flight Attendants Say You Should Never Do on an Airplane (Though You've Probably Done It Many Times)

https://www.inc.com/peter-economy/the-surprising-thing-flight-attendants-say-you-should-never-do-on-an-airplane-though-youve-probably-done-it-many-times-before.html

A flight attendant for a major airline, who was quoted anonymously to protect her job, explained in an interview for Vice:

Don't drink the coffee on airplanes. It's the same potable water that goes through the bathroom system. We recently had a test for E. coli in our water and it didn't pass, and then maintenance came on and hit a couple buttons and it passed. So, avoid any hot water or tea. Bottled and ice is fine, of course.

Another flight attendant told Business Insider,

Flight attendants will not drink hot water on the plane. They will not drink plain coffee, and they will not drink plain tea.

Sounds like the food carts have something in common with airline's. 

I avoid drinking airline tea and coffee, it interferes with my alcohol consumption and generally tastes like crap in economy.

Please believe everything you read on the internet - by the way I can point you to a web site that can get you rich...

Someone said that....please!!!

OK, anyone who gets their medical advice or anything other that directly related to girls from this site deserves whatever they get, so please follow your inclinations...

2 hours ago, Saddic said:

The Surprising Thing Flight Attendants Say You Should Never Do on an Airplane (Though You've Probably Done It Many Times)

https://www.inc.com/peter-economy/the-surprising-thing-flight-attendants-say-you-should-never-do-on-an-airplane-though-youve-probably-done-it-many-times-before.html

A flight attendant for a major airline, who was quoted anonymously to protect her job, explained in an interview for Vice:

Don't drink the coffee on airplanes. It's the same potable water that goes through the bathroom system. We recently had a test for E. coli in our water and it didn't pass, and then maintenance came on and hit a couple buttons and it passed. So, avoid any hot water or tea. Bottled and ice is fine, of course.

Another flight attendant told Business Insider,

Flight attendants will not drink hot water on the plane. They will not drink plain coffee, and they will not drink plain tea.

Was this a BLONDE Flight Attendant? (just kidding) 

The same "potable water" system in your dwelling goes to both the kitchen and bathrooms. Do we consider THAT a reason not to drink water from the kitchen faucets? 

E. coli: Can be fatal but is also found in healthy human digestive systems. Legionnaires Disease, on the other hand, is frequently fatal and is routinely found in commercial buildings. Don't expect a prominent sign notifying that a room water supply is contaminated with Legionnaires Disease. Building maintenance blocks off the room from use, does a treatment and opens the room 24 hrs or so later. If most don't panic over the thought of DOCUMENTED Legionnaires Disease in hotels, etc, why should they freak out over alleged E.Coli in aircraft water systems? 

Oh here's the other caveat: Fresh water piping in planes is "never cleaned". Nor are they on any recreational or commercial vessel I've experienced. Any qualms reported by users of these systems? Not on the slightest.  

I have been drinking coffee/tea on just about every flight I have ever been on.

I guess the 'bad water' agrees with me, never had any ill effects.

Could be the alcohol before and after the coffee/tea did the trick.

LeoTex

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits"  Albert Einstein.

Several studies have concluded that the most germ infested areas of a plane are the seat trays. 

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

There are so many factors that can get you sick after a long flight.... or for that matter, any flight.

You are in a confined space with a lot of people for an extended period of time.

When I travel to Thailand, generally one of my flights to get there is in excess of 12 hours.

Planes are not always spotlessly clean and sanitary .

A few things I do..... carry anti bacterial wipes.... clean your seat back , tray table, armrests.

Wash your hands before eating or drinking

Drink alcohol in moderation.... it lowers your tolerance to germs..... sorry , I know this one hits hard to few people.

When using the toilet wash your hands well before and after.

I have read the coffee warning before..... since to make coffee, the water is generally > 180F , this helps to kill off a lot of potential bacteria , but if airplanes were rampant with E Coli a lot more people would be getting ill. 

I am not ting tong...my mother had me tested.

Archived