IGNORED

Loong Riang & Pamalee - Jungle Thai Food

So I dropped by here on my last visit to Patts, caught an Uber with some mates as is its a bit out of town. 
Well worth the trip, best thai food I've had in thailand lol

Warning its really fucking spicy, even for someone with a fairly high tolerance like myself, my mates both struggled hard lol

The menu was all in thai so I was ordering using the thai names from this blog
https://www.eatingthaifood.com/jungle-thai-food/
Literally showing the thai names on my phone lol

I believe the owners wife speaks english, none of the other staff did. 
My mates and I were the only foreign customers in the area. 

I'd highly recommend the coconut shell dish, and the wild boar dish. The omelette was also solid.

That place looks great, but I am a bit scared of how spicy it is.  I wondering if they know how to tone it down a bit for a falang like me.  Most times I find they don't know how and it's either on fire or there is no spice.   There is no in-between.  Thanks for sharing the video on here!

Yeah I have been wanting to go there but haven't made the trip yet.  Did you just choose the location on the map for your Uber or did you punch in and address?

Shows up in google fine for me, search for Loong Riang Pamalee

https://goo.gl/maps/KyyrCzG8xTt

Most of the dishes were fine, there were one or 2 that were ridiculously hot that made my mates quit and I had to finish everything.

Ive been there.Very good...................and spicy !!

• 3 weeks later...

I have been following Mark on YouTube for many years. So when I first saw this video I had to go there next time I was in Pattaya.

Today I took an Uber from Soi Buhkuow to the restaurant, 316bath. During my ride there I start thinking that it will be hard to find an uber/grab/taxi back. So my thai lady that was with me aks the driver and we got his number so we just called him when we wanted to go back. 

The food was really good. We had the wild boar, Jungle bird, fried chicken and some soup with shrimps. My thai lady thought it was very spicy, but for me that was not any problem. But I use to spice my food alot.

Total price for food 550b for four dishes, rice and water. 

The driver got 350b for the trip and 400b for the ride back. Because he was sitting in the car and waiting for us. I didn't realize that he did, because if I did I would invite him to join us. A very nice and friendly guy!!

1B7BA9FC-00F0-4630-9F1F-7216F96DA0A3.jpeg

E88B0156-827E-462D-AEBE-676CA5D2048E.jpeg

:Ass_Lick::A2M:

About your worries about how spicy it is. Mark Wiens that make the video use to have a tshirt saying: "if it not spicy I not eating" and as you can see in the video of his reaction you can do the math. 

They didn't ask about how spicy we wanted it. So if you can't handle spicy food, it's better to stay away. Please don't ruin this restaurant too with the "falang-thai-food-shit". Let it be genuine....

:Ass_Lick::A2M:

Great post Harry, this is the type of thing I look for and am def adding to list for next trip.  Thanks

Archived