IGNORED

Pattaya "big bike" rentals,

ptr91

Good evening everyone,
maybe there is a subject about this already i don't know if there is, please send me a link and delete this post if there is, if not lets get on with it,
i'm making this subject because i'm interested what everyone is paying for rentals? low/high season,
there is nothing like renting a "big bike" and just travel around all of beautiful thailand,
i always rent down at 13/2 Pattaya, been doing it for over 5 years and got a good friendship with the guy renting the bikes out, 
and 90% of the time i get the kawasaki z800, or yamaha r1 1000, or r6,and depending on high or low season i usually pay 800-1000 bt/day and if high season 1000-1200/day, am i getting overcharged? i usually rent weekly, 

12301494_10153219246371828_1425140157707111382_n.jpg

tam dee dai dee :Think1:

My friend, BM Poldecrossmol, rented a Kawasaki650 from BCR Bangkok ( bike car rental Bangkok, for google ) for a month and paid 32k baht, including 2 helmets and cases to put their stuff in. The owner is English.

He rode from Bangkok to  Chiang Rai and ......Phuket and back! The girl complained about pain in the but and sex had nothing to do with it :-)

haha great!, i'll check it out for sure! the thing about the 13/2 place just at the end of the street before ju hit beach road is that there is a limit how far away you can go outside of pattaya so that sucks big time for me as i like to drive around alot , (insurans) reason they say but who knows if thats true or not i dont beleave it im guessing it's the mileage of the bike they dont like.
the 1 reason im doing this post is because for the first time in 22 trips i'd like to drive up north and travel around and visit surin, udon and so on, and looking for a safe shop to rent from that got the kind of bikes i like without the hassle

I think there is some truth to not being able to take a rental tike out of Chon Buri province but I don't remember the particulars.

Every hole a goal.

Condoms kill boners. Save the boners.

Stop the Vagilantes.

Let him on soi 13 point out Chonburi on the map.

Possibly he point to Phuket, so drive where YOU want!

Insurance (if have) cover whole Thailand, can not apply for one province only.

7 hours ago, andy666 said:

My friend, BM Poldecrossmol, rented a Kawasaki650 from BCR Bangkok ( bike car rental Bangkok, for google ) for a month and paid 32k baht, including 2 helmets and cases to put their stuff in. The owner is English.

He rode from Bangkok to  Chiang Rai and ......Phuket and back! The girl complained about pain in the but and sex had nothing to do with it :-)

Based on what the OP says he's looking for, I can't see why anymore information is needed than what is quoted above.

The price seems reasonable. In fact, it seem beyond reasonable and the owner doesn't care where you take the bike. Book it.

Do they rent Harley Cruiser style bikes?  The rate seems fairly reasonable to me.  But not sure if the HD would be a different rate.

13 hours ago, likeaking said:

I think there is some truth to not being able to take a rental tike out of Chon Buri province but I don't remember the particulars.

If they have red number plates , they are only valid in Chonburi.

11 hours ago, soi16 said:

Let him on soi 13 point out Chonburi on the map.

Possibly he point to Phuket, so drive where YOU want!

Insurance (if have) cover whole Thailand, can not apply for one province only.

In fact it's not always like that, those bikes you see with red numberplates, they only have insurance in their own province .

13 hours ago, andy666 said:

In fact it's not always like that, those bikes you see with red numberplates, they only have insurance in their own province .

I think mr. Op. is aware about red plates, 5 years experience.

New vehicles with temporary license plates to be banned

By The Nation

red.jpg

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1020326-new-vehicles-with-temporary-license-plates-to-be-banned/

23 hours ago, michael400 said:

Let's hope falangs are better drivers than Russians

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk

Let's hope falangs are better RIDERS than Russians

15 hours ago, andy666 said:

Not so. Thai Insurance is always valid throughout the whole country (but never abroad).

Red plates merely indicate that the vehicle is new and unregistered and untaxed, and they are designed for dealers to use when delivering new vehicles. The law says that vehicles with red plates may only be driven in the province of registration, and only in daytime, and a little book has to be filled in with details of every trip. Failure to comply may result in the driver being fined.

So I would not rent a vehicle with red plates.

At one time about 5 years ago there was a nationwide number plate shortage (yes, it does sound unlikely) which resulted in many new cars being driven on red plates for a long time. My own car had red plates for 6 months. Orders were issued to the police to not fine drivers as it was not their fault that proper plates were unavailable.

If you fancy a great ride try the Mae Hong Son loop from Chiang Mai. Magic on a powerful bike, 1000+ corners. But of course you need to be based around Chinag Mai.

If you fancy a great ride try the Mae Hong Son loop from Chiang Mai. Magic on a powerful bike, 1000+ corners. But of course you need to be based around Chinag Mai.

My friend rode from BKK to Chiang Mai to do this trip, I would fly to Chiang Mai
and rent a bike there! :-)

14 hours ago, andy666 said:

My friend rode from BKK to Chiang Mai to do this trip, I would fly to Chiang Mai
and rent a bike there! :-)

Or take your bike in to the train. Depart evening, arrival morning after good sleep in VIP cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

i searched on what you posted found a few sites but mostly on the z800 were around these prices? could you please link me ? im guessing im way off on my google search

• Daily – Not Available
  • 19,800 THB/Week
  • Monthly – Not Available

Please  if you could send a link to a website or an email adress or whatever that i could contact

Archived